George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

ps.---- Oh, and I'm going to blame this on the stress I have been under this week....

I went back and looked at the passage of scripture where I said that It said the "Satan's 1,000 yr Reign" and you know what it says????

"Saints 1,000 year reign"

Boy, did I feel sheepish when I realized that. I'm serious i for real thought it said "Satan"...I have been having some vision problems. LOL

I dunno how else ot explain that. It's not a Satanist Bible or anything, I promise. LOL :rofl:

Your ok bro...we all make mistakes, even I. LOL :D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hi Sabrina,

Alright,

Here I go...I'm going to have to swallow some pride here...lol.... :x:

I was wrong about the "satan has a 1,000 yr reign". Yes, indeed he is "loosed for a season" but nowhere does it mention a 1,000 years specifically.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

And will other people where he reigns live and die like we do now, but Jesus stays exactly the same?

The church is not made up of man made buildings, it is made up of individuals who have surrendered theirs lives to Christ, this is the true church.

absolutely, yet the 'true church' is also called to 'assemble together' as one in worshipping our God, right?

Yes this is true, But Jesus assures us that when two or three are gathered in His Name, He will be there in our midst.

it never says that we are to gather in a building, just in His name. So what it is saying in your verse you are refering to, is that we need to be in fellowship with on eanother, God doesnt want lone rangers.

wonder why God went to great lengths to tell the Israelites HOW to BUILD the Tabernacle where He would rest in the "Holy of Holies"...was that NOT a building...but again, I understand where you're coming from. But nonetheless, we DO live in a world with BUILDINGS...isnt' it easier to meet in building to 'worship' and 'assemble together'? And outside of worshipping as an assembly, you're right...Jesus is all in all, when 2 or more are gathered in His name...(i.e. in the scenario in Matt 25:31-46)... :laugh:

I think what Rev. 20 says that after the 1000yrs rule and reign of Christ that Satan is released because during the 1000yr rule reign Satan is bound.

so is that like heaven on earth..where there is no sin or evil?

Guest dustycanvas

Servinghim,

That's how I understand it. But, then again...all evil does not come from Satan. We as human being make alot of problems all by ourselves. Perhaps there will be much less "evil". Don't get me wrong, Satan brings alot of havoc on us...but only what we will "allow". He doesn't have any power over us unless we give it to him. He's not omnipotent, omniscient, or omnipresent as God is.

This will be at a time that we will have already been through the war that killed 2 billion people and through the tribulation and through Armageddon. The world, by this time will have been through some tramatic times. I'm sure that the way that people think and act will have drastically changed. Just as our attitudes and government changed after 9/11. (and that was a birthday compared to what we have coming)

THis is a sobering thought. :sweating:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

If you examine the NT, the Apostles/disciples met almost every day in someone's home. On the Sabbath, for the sake of the Jews, they may have gone to the "temple", but this was not their emphasis. Once the temple was destroyed, they did not have a particular building in which to meet. The problem with "buildings" is that the emphasis is on "bringing them in", instead of personal growth and maturity. The modern organized church is a place you can go and still be anonymous. This was not the intent at all of the early "churches". The WHOLE body is to supply one to another and when you get over say 50 people in a church, you begin to lose identity, unless you have well structured smaller groups that tend to "individual" needs.

During the time of "great tribulation" all those who are Christ's will be "called out" and will have a "street ministry". The "organized church" will adopt the ways of Babylon and they will be the ones in "great apostacy" who no longer listen to "sound doctrine".

Just my 2c.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

Greetings All,

If you examine the NT, the Apostles/disciples met almost every day in someone's home. On the Sabbath, for the sake of the Jews, they may have gone to the "temple", but this was not their emphasis. Once the temple was destroyed, they did not have a particular building in which to meet. The problem with "buildings" is that the emphasis is on "bringing them in", instead of personal growth and maturity. The modern organized church is a place you can go and still be anonymous. This was not the intent at all of the early "churches". The WHOLE body is to supply one to another and when you get over say 50 people in a church, you begin to lose identity, unless you have well structured smaller groups that tend to "individual" needs.

During the time of "great tribulation" all those who are Christ's will be "called out" and will have a "street ministry". The "organized church" will adopt the ways of Babylon and they will be the ones in "great apostacy" who no longer listen to "sound doctrine".

Just my 2c.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

I agree this is why most churchs are into memberships rather then evangilism.

Cell Church focuses on discipleship and growth thru evangelism.

And will other people where he reigns live and die like we do now, but Jesus stays exactly the same?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

SH... Christ rules the millenium with an iron-fist. He will be very present. And the Church will reign with him!