George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

So, I guess that suggests that some pretribbers are open minded, since they become posties, and most posties are, since they converted, lol.

LOL I know many Posttribbers came to Pretrib beliefe because they said there were tomany gaps, but hey, you can say the same to me, so its not a valid point BUT EITHER IS YOURS :24::o:o

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

:P

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

:emot-highfive:

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Ahhhhhh who are we not to suffer a little tribulation?

• 2 weeks later...
Ahhhhhh who are we not to suffer a little tribulation?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, if it was good enough for the prophets and good enough for the apostles, it's good enough for me. God loved them enough to let them die for Him, and since He died for us, what greater thing can I offer him that my own life, both as a living sacrifice, and also in the way and reason I die. No greater love has a man, than that he lay down his life for his friends. Jesus is our best friend, I am willing to love Him that way, and would be priveledged to do so.

• 5 months later...

just a little tribulation aye?

God isnt going to judge sin in man and the world, aye?

the wedding invitation has already been presented, and many are foregoing it for the

opportunity to "prove" themselves.

no wonder works salvation and non-pre trib go hand in hand

A little tribulation, not my words, but I'll comment on that part. The great tribulation will be a terrible time. The tribulation is directed at God's people though, by the forces of darkness. Is not this life nothing, a blink in face of eternity? Are we not rewarded greatly, for suffering for Him? Is it not written, " Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." (2 Tim 3:12). My Lord once said: "

In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer ; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)

I am quite willing to take him at His word. He HAS overcome the world. Why should I worry, nothing can separate me from the love of God, Jesus said not to fear the destruction of the body, so, I will not. I am not a lover of pain and suffering, but I love my Lord and if He will that I should be privileged to suffer for His name, where do I sign up?

You said: God isnt going to judge sin in man and the world, aye? "

Aye, He is indeed, Thankfully, I am not to suffer His wrath, that is His promise, again, I take Him at His word.

You said "the wedding invitation has already been presented, and many are foregoing it for the

opportunity to "prove" themselves."

The wedding invitation has been extended, those who have accepted Christ, have RSVP'd, they have no need to prove themselves, their works shall not accomplish anything toward their salvation. When we accepted, we gave up control, and He will bring us where He wants us, when He wants us there.

You said " no wonder works salvation and non-pre trib go hand in hand "

Wow, I have no idea where that is coming from. I have never met or heard of a post-trib Christian who was not totally tuned into the fact, that salvation is by faith. I am going to guess, that perhaps, you are thinking of Jehovah's Witnesses, Latter Day Saints and other Christianity derived cults. They do believe in a works salvation, or at least works plus faith, and also a post trib rapture. But remember, Post Trib was the position of the church in general, at the time those cults formed. When the Irvings, the Darbies and the Scoffields popularized pre-tribulationism, those cults did not go along for the ride, they clung on to the tradition teachings and beliefs of the church that preceded them for 18 centuries.

(Boy, I bet I'll hear back on that comment, lol)

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

I prefer the Berean approach to everything biblical. They who searched the scriptures daily to "see if these things were so." :rofl: