• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/22/2021 at 12:05 AM, Justin Adams said:

A wall of words just confuses people.  :D

@Justin Adams

Then why are there so many who post them here???

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,608
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  21

54 minutes ago, Arrabon said:

@Justin Adams

Then why are there so many who post them here???

They are insecure and shotgun in hopes that some may find the target. They do not seem to be able to see the target clearly. :cool:

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,068
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

GLORY  IN  THE  LORD 

1 JOHN 4:14   and we have seen and do testify that  THE  FATHER  sent  THE  SON  to be ---the saviour of the world 

JOHN 5:43  I am come in  MY  FATHERS  name and --you receive  ME  not if another come in his own name him you will receive

--5:44--how can you believe which receive honor one of another and seek not the honour that cometh from  GOD  only 

*******JOHN 12:43  for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of  GOD*******

LUKE 4:4  and  JESUS  answered him saying  it is written that man ---shall not live--- by bread alone  ---but by every word of  GOD 

MARK 8:35  for whsoever will save his life shall lose it but whosoever shall lose his life --for  MY  sake and the gospels--  the same shall save it 

2 THESSALONIANS 1:7  and to you who are troubled rest with us when  THE  LORD  JESUS  shall be revealed from heaven from heaven with  HIS  mighty angels 

--1:8-- in flaming fire taking --vengeance--on them that know not  GOD  and that  ---obey not the gospel--- of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST ---

1 PETER 1:25  but the word of  THE  LORD  endureth forever and this is the word which --by  the  gospel is preached unto you 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4

On 7/23/2021 at 11:32 AM, Your closest friendnt said:

The above scripture is telling us that even though the churches of the saints they defer in a lot of things God gives them peace. 

In other words the churches of the saints they are not correct in everything but inspite of that God gives them peace.

In spite of their differences in teaching and in spite of confusion in some doctrinal matters, in the above scripture they are all called saints.

We must understand that all those churches preach that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins. 

Because this is what unifies all those churches their belief that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who did not only die but also raised from the dead and he is Glorified by the Heavenly Father.

God gives them peace not because they do not have any confusion but because they believe in his Son Jesus Christ. 

Can we bring our selves to accept that, that as the above scripture suggest the first thing we should look is if someone believes in the core of the Gospel "that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins ". 

Can we bring our selves to see everyone who believes in Jesus Christ as a saint in His name, in Jesus Christ righteousness. 

And accept that God is giving them peace because they have believe in his Son Jesus Christ. 

1 Corinthians 14:33

33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

@Your closest friendnt

So what I think I hear you saying, is that all the differing ways to be saved are acceptable, because "they have believed in His son Jesus Christ."

A kind of universal. all encompassing faith, so the masses can be saved.

Have I got that right?

Edited by Arrabon

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.42
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

What is happening here! Aren't we all aware that there is only one way to be saved?

This is very confusing to folks--those especially that are new in the faith.

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4

28 minutes ago, Alive said:

What is happening here! Aren't we all aware that there is only one way to be saved?

This is very confusing to folks--those especially that are new in the faith.

@Alive

If your talking to me, I'm just tryin to figure out what is being said here.

Edited by Arrabon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,932
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Arrabon said:

@Your closest friendnt

So what I think I hear you saying, is that all the differing ways to be saved are acceptable, because "they have believed in His son Jesus Christ."

A kind of universal. all encompassing faith, so the masses can be saved.

Have I got that right?

No I never said or even remotely suggest anything like that as in your first paragraph above.

I never said that they are different ways to be saved for those who believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God. 

To the contrary I said that everyone who believes in Jesus Christ who died for the forgiveness of our sins is Born from Above that he is Saved. 

And that by DEFAULT are in the name of Jesus Christ, that they are in Jesus Christ righteousness. 

Alive explain that very well.

There is only one way to believe in Jesus Christ.

That Jesus Christ is our peace with God. 

Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins. 

Jesus Christ said that anyone who believes in God but does not believe in Him is still in his sins.

If someone believes in Jesus Christ he is not in his sins.

His sins are under the blood of Jesus Christ. 

In other  words a believer in Jesus Christ belongs in the family of God.  

No one can do anything to add to the righteousness of Jesus Christ. 

Only in Him alone.

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.42
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

42 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

When you stated:

"He singularly and totally redeemed (bought back) those that are 'In Christ' of and by the will of the Father by Grace alone and through the gift of faith for all of His Elect"

I agree that Christ redeemed His chosen. And it's certainly all by His grace.  When you say "the gift of faith" ( which obviously you are quoting Eph. 2:8), Whose "faith" do you believe God is speaking of?

This is an age old question which will most likely be raised until Christ comes. The NIV ( in many places) has us to believe "our" faith was instrumental, allowing a false notion that we have some sort of contribution to make in our salvation.  The KJV correctly uses "of", as in the faith of Christ as the gift of God. It is a worthy endeavor to compare the two versions regarding "faith". 

I have heard this controversy before. I say that saving faith is a gift and not something that we can of ourselves bring to the table. That that faith somehow is provided post regeneration. When I heard the Lord call me and reveal Himself to me as the Way, Truth and Life--I simply found myself believing Him.

:-)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12

18 minutes ago, Alive said:

I have heard this controversy before. I say that saving faith is a gift and not something that we can of ourselves bring to the table. That that faith somehow is provided post regeneration. When I heard the Lord call me and reveal Himself to me as the Way, Truth and Life--I simply found myself believing Him.

:-)

Amen!

I was lost and looking for a way to be a "better person" (to get rid of my sins).  I was reading through the gospel of Luke, trying to find help, because I'd discovered that I couldn't do it myself.  I was first convicted that I'd broken God's law and realised that I must be in trouble (although I didn't realise how much trouble!), then, still lost, I read where Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.".  Suddenly, I knew that Jesus took my sins and punishment on himself, when he died on the cross.  Floods of sorrow for my sin and overwhelming thankfulness and love to the Lord coursed through me.  I suddenly had repentance and faith that I had not had moments before - the Lord saved me and turned my life right way up.  Hallelujah!

I know that I know that I know that salvation is all of grace and not man's will, decision or works.  There are many who think they are saved, because they made some kind of decision to follow Jesus; but, has the Lord made them born again?  If he has, then they will know all about the instantaneous and overpowering translation from darkness to light that the miracle of the new birth brings.

As the Puritans used to say, "No tears, no salvation."; in other words, where the Lord works salvation in a sinner's heart, sorrowful repentance and joy of the Lord always result.  It is no dead decision by sinful man, followed by, well, not much, but a mighty work of the grace of God that is like being hit by a speeding truck - it changes you!

Edited by David1701
  • Praise God! 2