The Beast And The Antichrist

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

So where did this Dispensationalism come from?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Without a doubt, the traditions of man muddy the waters of prophecy.

This is why we are not to abide by the traditions of man spawned by the

Bible interpretations of man. Only the interpretation of the Holy Spirit is

true and accurate.

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

And we are to verify that the interpretation is by the Holy Spirit:

1 John 4:1 (AV)
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Which we should be doing with all things anyway:

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (AV)
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

How do we do this?

By the scriptures themselves:

Acts 17:11 (AV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2 Timothy 3:16–17 (AV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Then you will be enlightened by the systematic method God has devised to open his truth to those who sincerely seek it (rather than their own interpretations or devices).

Proverbs 25:2 (AV)
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Deuteronomy 29:29 (AV)
29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Isaiah 28:9–13 (AV)
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Psalm 119:105 (AV)
105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

The traditions of man NULLIFY the Word of God!

Mark 7:13 (NIV84)
13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Notices the importance of the scriptures / Bible / Word of God in God's scheme of things:

Psalm 138:2 (AV)
2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Leviticus 22:2 / 22:32 and other passages speak of how sacred and holy the name of the LORD is.

The traditions of man make even the worship of the genuine Jesus of no effect / in vain:

Mark 7:7 (NIV84)
7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’

The traditions of man also apply division where none exists on scripture. For example, chapter breaks. Notice how this reads when you eliminate the chapter break:

Revelation 12:17–13:18 (AV)
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Preterists believe this was about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE. They are deceived and / or deceiving. The highlighted disproves their false belief. The beast / antichrist are at war with the people who have the testimony of Jesus not the Jews who rejected the testimony of Jesus.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

Every believer I know is a partial preterist - or he does not believe in Christ's advent.

The Hebrew is very succinct and has no breaks. nether does the Syriac version.

Revelation is written to those before 70AD and says distinctly, 'these things will soon take place'.

Many add to these scriptures and thus condemn themselves.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Baltika said:

Read my 'FUTURIST' post and then read about Darby and Scofield. They adopted the earlier ideas and developed Dispensational 'theology'. Then Dallas Seminary made sure its graduates agreed to the lies and that is why most pulpits and TV evangelists use that approach.

https://www.free-bible-study-lessons.com/dispensationalism.html

To return to the OP,

Place your hope in Christ.

This world was never intended to  be the end

but only a means toward an end.

John 3:16 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 (AV)
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:17 (AV)
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Two eternal destinies:

• heaven / the New Heaven - Earth (Isaiah 65:17, Isaiah 66:22,  2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1-2)
  • hell / gehenna / sheol / the lake of fire (Deuteronomy 32:22, Isaiah 5:14, to name a couple of the many verses about hell do a Bible word search for the very long list)

Mark 9:44–48 (AV)
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

We must all remind ourselves that this perspective and priority should outweigh any suffering OR blessing we have in this life. 

For even the deception of having blessings to the point that the blessings become of more importance than doing the will of the LORD... is evil.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

2 hours ago, Baltika said:

From the study of the Holy Scripture

• Thumbs Up 1

• Alive locked this topic
  • Alive unlocked this topic

4 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

From the study of the Holy Scripture

Well said.

For those who are interested in what the Bible says / means rather than what people think or think that the Bible says / means...

1 Corinthians 15:1–4 (AV)
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

To answer the OP, according to the scriptures about the antichrist...

1 John 2:18–19 (AV)
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

• It is the last time / church age / final covenant with God.
  • many antichrists exited then and have down through the ages
  • but an ultimate antichrist SHALL COME

1 John 4:3 (AV)
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

But, again, the one ultimate antichrist shall come has in fact come already. NOT in 70CE as the preterists claim but prior to 30 CE prior to the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus.

John 17:12 (AV)
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Years later the Apostle Paul prophesied that the beast / antichrist will come again (also Revelation 20:1-9):

2 Thessalonians 2:3–4 (AV)
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

These are the only two times the son of perdition appears in the Bible. 

This was not fulfilled by Titus who destroyed the Temple in 70 CE ← which was not one of his goals but it was burned down. No sitting in the Temple, no showing himself to be God. 

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 is therefore a yet to be fulfilled prophecy. It also indicates there will be another Jewish Temple built in the very end.

Revelation 13:18 says the number of a man is 666.

The two Jewish Temples were destroyed on the same calendar day of the year 666 prophetic years apart.

Here is wisdom, let him who has knowledge... prophetically hints at Solomon (the builder of the first Temple).  Not as the identity of the beast but a prophetic type.

Count the number (literally calculate the number):

586 BCE + 70 CE = 656

656 X 365.25 days = 239604

239604 ÷ 360 days in a prophetic year = 665.666667

Since both temples were destroyed on the exact same calendar day of the year the variance is rounded up to the precise number of years

The beast will claim to be God and to be Christ.

Daniel 11:36 (AV)
36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

He will win the hearts of the Jews for the first half of the 70th Week of Daniel, but then renege on his word...

Daniel 9:27 (AV)
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The temple will stand and there will; be sacrifices until 1290 days from the end of human history:

Daniel 12:11 (AV)
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Other scripture references that point to Judas Iscariot as the antichrist are:

Luke 22:3 (AV)
3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

John 13:26–27 (AV)
26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Nowhere else in the Bible can you find where Satan actually entered into (possessed) anyone else. This was at the point of go for broke as far as the devil was  concerned, who too late realized or was told God always planned for Jesus to die on the cross. Then the fake remorseful attempt to stop it with the priests (who he did too good a job corrupting)... 

Acts 1:25 (AV)
25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

I will say "IF" for the sake of argument...

IF Judas is the antichrist as the scriptures certainly seem to indicate...

THEN his return to Earth after 200 years of being dead / in the Abyss will certainly convince almost everyone living on planet Earth

using DNA or blood content to prove he lived 2000 years ago...

Matthew 24:24 (AV)
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/28/2021 at 10:31 AM, VanillaLion said:

Hello! =] I was wanted to know how do we prepare for the beast? I am scared and feel nervous about the beast coming.

Be sure to ask Jesus Christ into your life to be your Lord and Savior.