IGNORED

So Many Considering SUICIDE These Days....

Tammy Roesch

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

Anecdotal, perhaps--but I have been around the barn a great deal and known a great many 'sons of God' in which I witnessed the same Life that is in myself---and never met one who would seriously consider suicide, much less to get to heaven faster.

I may be wrong, but I simply cannot imagine the Lord letting one of His own get to that point.

I knew a young guy who helped out in a Christian boys group. Super nice, friendly, helpful and outgoing. I did not know him deeply to make any value judgment on his faith. I found out he took his life several years ago. I was stunned and deeply saddened. I can't imagine what his family went through.

We just heard of a women who took her life a couple weeks ago. She had taught our daughter in Grade 1 years ago at a Christian school. She appeared to be withdrawing and had requested privacy during the pandemic. Most likely dealing with a debilitating depression.

Depression is a brutal condition. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Just now, teddyv said:

I knew a young guy who helped out in a Christian boys group. Super nice, friendly, helpful and outgoing. I did not know him deeply to make any value judgment on his faith. I found out he took his life several years ago. I was stunned and deeply saddened. I can't imagine what his family went through.

We just heard of a women who took her life a couple weeks ago. She had taught our daughter in Grade 1 years ago at a Christian school. She appeared to be withdrawing and had requested privacy during the pandemic. Most likely dealing with a debilitating depression.

Depression is a brutal condition. 

Yes it is and all of these things are sad and tragic. It hurts. Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted. I watch a lot of news and read a great deal--always have. My heart and mind are deeply affected by the evil in this world and yet at the same time marvelously hopeful and understanding of God's plan.

I have family situations that are almost too difficult to describe--ones I love.

My words should not be construed as either not understanding or lacking compassion.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

9 minutes ago, Alive said:

Anecdotal, perhaps--but I have been around the barn a great deal and known a great many 'sons of God' in which I witnessed the same Life that is in myself---and never met one who would seriously consider suicide, much less to get to heaven faster.

I may be wrong, but I simply cannot imagine the Lord letting one of His own get to that point.

I've met people who are real Christians who get very discouraged.  Think about it, ALIVE... Do you believe Jonah was a Christian?  I do.  He wanted to die... Jonah 4:3 ~ "Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live."
Then there was Elijah....remember, he had just had a tremendous victory, God answered his prayer for rain after no rain for 3 years...and that very night, he went from being on top of the mountain (physically and spiritually) to the lowest valley (physically and spiritually).  He too, wanted to die.  Many GOOD CHRISTIANS hit LOW spots in their life...and Satan knows when they are there and tries to discourage them so that they will snuff their life out, and be LOST.

3 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

I've met people who are real Christians who get very discouraged.  Think about it, ALIVE... Do you believe Jonah was a Christian?  I do.  He wanted to die... Jonah 4:3 ~ "Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live."
Then there was Elijah....remember, he had just had a tremendous victory, God answered his prayer for rain after no rain for 3 years...and that very night, he went from being on top of the mountain (physically and spiritually) to the lowest valley (physically and spiritually).  He too, wanted to die.  Many GOOD CHRISTIANS hit LOW spots in their life...and Satan knows when they are there and tries to discourage them so that they will snuff their life out, and be LOST.

These did not have the indwelling Holy Spirit...consider this. They were not Alive In Christ.

• Oy Vey! 1

Paul here is speaking to the regenerate in Christ:

1Cor. 10:13 (NAS20S) No temptation has overtaken you except something common to mankind; and God is faithful, so He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

7 minutes ago, Alive said:

These did not have the indwelling Holy Spirit...consider this. They were not Alive In Christ.

Wow! I've never heard such a thing!  They were both Old Testament Prophets! God HIMSELF sent them on MISSIONS. You will never convince me that they were not filled with the Holy Spirit.

1 minute ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Wow! I've never heard such a thing!  They were both Old Testament Prophets! God HIMSELF sent them on MISSIONS. You will never convince me that they were not filled with the Holy Spirit.

That will be another subject.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Alive said:

Paul here is speaking to the regenerate in Christ:

1Cor. 10:13 (NAS20S) No temptation has overtaken you except something common to mankind; and God is faithful, so He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

ALIVE, that verse is commenting on what GOD CAN DO.  God is WILLING AND ABLE to keep us all from sinning, I believe that 1000%.  NO ONE who is a Christian IF THEY STAY CLOSE to Jesus, will take their life. But we all know, many people DO NOT stay close to Jesus....and it is at THAT TIME that Satan comes in with temptations and many fall for the temptation.

3 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

ALIVE, that verse is commenting on what GOD CAN DO.  God is WILLING AND ABLE to keep us all from sinning, I believe that 1000%.  NO ONE who is a Christian IF THEY STAY CLOSE to Jesus, will take their life. But we all know, many people DO NOT stay close to Jesus....and it is at THAT TIME that Satan comes in with temptations and many fall for the temptation.

Again--another subject. Satan has zero authority over a son of God---period.

Satan has zero authority that God Himself doesn't sovereignly allow for His Purposes---period.

Yes--we all sin and that is because we are drawn by and submit to our own flesh and every single episode of any kind in the life of a son of God is governed by this:

Rom. 8:28 (NAS20S)   And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

Rom. 8:31 (NAS20S)    What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring charges against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, but rather, was   raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or trouble, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 Just as it is written:   FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE KILLED ALL DAY LONG;   WE WERE REGARDED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED.”

Rom. 8:37 (NAS20S)   But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Great Shepherd---Almighty God, who loved the Elect so much that He endured the Cross and much more....much much more. In fact, the physical pain of the Cross was not near as bad as what else Jesus Christ endured...for His Elect. For His sons. For His brothers. For those that will reign with Him and work alongside Him through the ages to come.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

@Tammy Roesch what is it that you question in that post? I will try to quell confusion.