IGNORED

So Many Considering SUICIDE These Days....

Tammy Roesch

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

It's really sad how many are considering suicide these days...not just the young people, either.  I actually read a post by an older Christian who said they were really leaning that way...and do you know WHY???  They said because they wanted to speed up their going to Heaven!  

The truth is, SUICIDE is SELF-MURDER and it doesn't speed up ANYONE going to Heaven.

In fact, the Bible says that when we die, we just SLEEP in the grave until Jesus comes the 2nd time.

• Thumbs Up 1

My son-in-law committed suicide in front of my daughter....it was a horrendous event...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

People in Japan hv a suicide forest called aokagahiri, used by  desperate people dumped by ignorance cold society.

Religious buildings full of people parroting prayers.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

It's really sad how many are considering suicide these days...not just the young people, either.  I actually read a post by an older Christian who said they were really leaning that way...and do you know WHY???  They said because they wanted to speed up their going to Heaven!  

The truth is, SUICIDE is SELF-MURDER and it doesn't speed up ANYONE going to Heaven.

In fact, the Bible says that when we die, we just SLEEP in the grave until Jesus comes the 2nd time.

They have no hope. Can you imagine what it would be like to think this life on this earth is all there is?

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

They have no hope. Can you imagine what it would be like to think this life on this earth is all there is?

Church is supposed to take care by providing Shelter n love.

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, I agree with you...I also believe that the false teaching that when you die, you go right to Heaven influences many to try to speed that process up....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

12 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Tammy, would you please provide a scripture of this “fact” because my Bible does not say this.  Thank you kindly.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 (NKJV)

6 Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed,
Or the golden bowl is broken,
Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain,
Or the wheel broken at the well.
7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

2 Corinthians 5:8 (NKJV)

8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

Selah. . .

• Well Said! 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

This thread is very helpful. 

The second post in this thread is my suicide attempt story.

Very thankful Chicken Coop2, that you found this thread to be very helpful.  It's not an easy topic to talk about but it is SO NECESSARY.  I'm so thankful that you were not successful!  

• Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Selah7 said:

Tammy, would you please provide a scripture of this “fact” because my Bible does not say this.  Thank you kindly.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 (NKJV)

6 Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed,
Or the golden bowl is broken,
Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain,
Or the wheel broken at the well.
7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

2 Corinthians 5:8 (NKJV)

8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

Selah. . .

This is not an easy subject to think about, let alone write about.  But nonetheless, I believe it is a subject that all should think about, as there is hardly a one of us, myself included, who has not been tragically touched by the suicide of a family member or a friend, and perhaps there are even some now who are considering taking their own life, who will reconsider after reading this post...

What prompted me to write this is that I just read a blog on a Christian forum where the author was discussing this subject, and concluded that those who commit suicide could very well be saved.

Here are some statistics on suicide:

·      Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US

·      Each year 42,773 Americans die by suicide

·      For every suicide 25 attempt suicide

·      Suicide costs the US $44 Billion annually   
http://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

The dictionary definition of MURDER is: “the crime of deliberately killing a person”.

The dictionary definition of SUICIDE is: “the act of killing yourself”

The ONLY difference between MURDER and SUICIDE is whether a person kills another person or kills themselves. SUICIDE is MURDER of oneself. 

What does the Bible say about those who MURDER?  

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." Revelation 21:8.

There is no resurrection from “the second death.” No one, for whatever their sins might be, who ends up in the “lake of fire” will ever be taken to Heaven. No, I don’t believe the Bible teaches that people will “burn forever”.  Thankfully, we don’t serve a God like that.   

It’s not a happy thought, it’s not something that those of us who have lost a loved one to suicide wants to think, but it is the TRUTH, and it’s far better to know the TRUTH than to believe a LIE.  And look at it from another angle…. If people actually believe that they will be saved if/when they commit suicide, do you think that that thought would encourage or discourage more suicides?  I have no doubt, it would encourage people who are already discouraged and considering suicide. That is EXACTLY what the DEVIL wants, is for more people to give up and commit suicide, because he knows that when they do that, they are eternally lost.  

Suicide is on the rise, and I believe it will continue to rise as this old world continues its downward spiral.  I believe that having a REAL relationship with God, and knowing Jesus Christ as your Savior FROM sin is the ONLY ANSWER there is for many of the complex problems that people are facing today, that is causing so many to take their own lives. 

If you need someone to talk to, send a message, I’ll pray for you and help you any way I can. Jesus is coming soon, don’t give up the fight!