• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Tammy,

May I ask which part(s) you disagree with and not taught in the Bible?

(1) Jesus ruling with a rod of iron in the millennium (Rev. 2:25-29).

(2) Millennial Jewish sacrifice (Ezek. 45:17-20).

(3) Kingdom of God (Matt. 26:29; 6:33; 8:3).

(4) Or if there is a millennial reign at all (Isaiah 2:4; 42:1).

In the millennium, because of sin, anyone dying at 100 years old is considered a child (Isaiah 65:20). "All" death, plant, animal and human; seems to perish after the millennium entering eternity (Rev. 20:14).

Probably won't get back to this until tomorrow Dennis, have our two little grand babies today :)  Will try to catch up tomorrow :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  11

I wonder if we’ll eat “real” food in Heaven.  I hope so!  …but we’ll be in our spiritual bodies so I don’t know if food will be necessary… manna maybe?  Hmmm C6B6ED37-2573-43F8-8412-C7538B877914.gif.c2d3e36ec519c537aea8a92cf3ddd931.gif let’s see now; no-flesh bodies means we couldn’t get fat ever!  Just imagine, though, if there was pizza in Heaven and being able to eat all you wanted and forEVER not having to worry about calories!  Heyyyy….  I could go for that! 6A052814-BF8E-4922-9673-EBF02D22E324.gif.252f0bd0d0e729112f9d27f1a575c7fa.gif

just kidding,
selah 

Edited by Selah7
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.42
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

In any discussion among Christians, its important that we agree that all of our conduct and doctrine should be derived from what the Holy scriptures teach us.

Although there are writings of man and scientific discoveries made that are profitable in various ways, the final authority on all things must be scripture.

This has always been held to be true since the first century and before and is the one means by which we can both measure our beliefs and agree together how it is possible for us to be on the 'same page'--pun intended.

If any of us, think otherwise--then a problem exists and its impossible to truly fellowship, as the basis of that fellowship, aside from a shared LIFE, is what God has given to us in the Bible.

The NT is transparent as it regards food for the body.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

1 hour ago, Alive said:

In any discussion among Christians, its important that we agree that all of our conduct and doctrine should be derived from what the Holy scriptures teach us.

Although there are writings of man and scientific discoveries made that are profitable in various ways, the final authority on all things must be scripture.

This has always been held to be true since the first century and before and is the one means by which we can both measure our beliefs and agree together how it is possible for us to be on the 'same page'--pun intended.

If any of us, think otherwise--then a problem exists and its impossible to truly fellowship, as the basis of that fellowship, aside from a shared LIFE, is what God has given to us in the Bible.

The NT is transparent as it regards food for the body.

I don't have time to respond fully right now, may not until tomorrow morning but I agree 100% with the 1st paragraph, Alive :).  It's just that YOUR interpretation and understanding of certain verses is different than mine....that is where the problem lies.  I didn't start this thread to create an argument. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.42
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

19 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

I don't have time to respond fully right now, may not until tomorrow morning but I agree 100% with the 1st paragraph, Alive :).  It's just that YOUR interpretation and understanding of certain verses is different than mine....that is where the problem lies.  I didn't start this thread to create an argument. 

Neither do I, Tammy. I look forward to examing those verses together with you and other members.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/10/2021 at 2:44 AM, Tammy Roesch said:

I am encouraged to see so many of you posting on the benefits of a healthy diet.  So often on Christian forums, I find that Christians are less interested in healthy eating and taking care of their bodies that the Lord has given us, than are non-Christians....sadly, they have the mistaken idea that all we have to do is PRAY over it, and somehow, saying the blessing over our food CONVERTS UNHEALTHY FOOD into HEALTHY FOOD. :crazy:  If you visit most any church today, there are as many sick members, percentage wise, as there are sick in the world.  People have forgotten that God has told us that ~ 

God wants His people, those who call themselves Christians TODAY, to be just as healthy as He intended His people in the Old Testament to be.  All we have to do is follow the Health Laws, and claim the Promise.  It is PRESUMPTION though, to claim the Promise while disregarding the Health Laws.

Fruits Grains Nuts.jpg

I think it is very important what we put into our body. I am not vegan or a vegetarian but I like to eat what is healthy. Meat also provides nutrition.Eating healthy foods everyday is important. Right now it is very important to  keep up our immunity for those who have not gotten the vaccine. 

From observing some of your posts it looks like you could be SDA. Am I correct?

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Anytime you combine BEANS with GRAINS, NUTS or SEEDS, it's a COMPLETE PROTEIN.  We actually need far less protein than what we've been told for many years. I'm a vegan, been one for nearly 50 years...never have had a protein issue....it's a very healthy way to go :)

You might say we need less protein than we've been told, but I will believe my doctor. I tried a TV dinner (I don't cook) that had rice and beans, and I enjoyed it, but it upset my digestive system.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  10,474
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

On 8/10/2021 at 6:41 AM, Sower said:

Whars the beef!..........default_cool2.gif.6eb0c79fcca250ca6e0d991381ca89d5.gif

ced4bb08cab96bd6da3c2841be60f1ce.jpg.2380db37a664788ef7d1f61370ce46e0.jpg

A more balanced diet, meat and vegetables....

To quote someone I used to know,

"Vegetables? Isn't that what you put on your burger?"

And also, "Gimme a double cheeseburger, and drag it through the garden." :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  10,474
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

We eat what we must, knowing that food for the stomach neither sanctifies nor defiles us. The Lord's words are clear as well as concise regarding this matter. 

During those times when I didn't know where my next meal was coming from, I accepted whatever I received with gladness. I didn't complain: I ate it, and it was good. It was indeed good for the Lord Himself is my provider. 

What goes into the body doesn't defile us... food for the stomach and the stomach for food. Rather it's what issues forth from our heart that defiles us, hence the allegory of cleaning the inside of the cup. :)   

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1