• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1972

Have you heard prices have been going up everywhere on all kids of things? This could be shopping restaurants, gas station and maybe other bills. It's been all over the news.

Since this has occurred is this taking a hit on your salary or budget at home keeping up with all of this? Can you share how well you're doing with all these things? No need to mention ones income. Just talk about price changes. If this has affected you or even others you know personally to talk about.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

We figured alll the free stimulus would bring on inflation. We stocked up back before prices went out of control.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

This happens when governments freely print money from thin air (trillions), and then spend it.  It's called inflation.   That's the problem when you involve politicians with a fiat currency.

Are you ready for hyper inflation? 

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/30/1972

Let me try to say what I was asking here. The question is not about new paper reports or the government side of rising prices.

What I'm really asking is this. Are these prices affecting you personally at home or anywhere you go? Such as shopping, eating out, gas station and regular bills. Can you tell the prices are higher in your life? Does this bother you at all? Has this changed you way of buying and shopping anywhere, eating out gas? Is your budget more difficult then years ago? Are you switching to other name brands, restaurants, and gas station choices to search for cost value items and service of any kind? Even car repairs or plane travel as well. .

So this topic is it hitting your budget? What's life now than say10 yrs ago perhaps?. . Do you think your dollar value is not getting its worth much these days shopping, buying and paying bills anything use of money purposes.? So this post is about how does this personally effect your budget spending and even others you personally know that talked to you about the cost of living issue?. . Now let's see if this makes a difference now how to discuss this more in a personal everyday life issue at home and out places . . even internet shopping too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Prices have gone sky high. Yes, they are affecting me. The book of Revelation says that many will be poor in the 7 year tribulation and not able to afford anything. There will be the very poor and the very rich. Is God preparing our world for that?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The economy is built upon a house of cards
Proverbs 11:28 28Those who trust in their riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, truecrosstrueshield said:

Let me try to say what I was asking here. The question is not about new paper reports or the government side of rising prices.

What I'm really asking is this. Are these prices affecting you personally at home or anywhere you go? Such as shopping, eating out, gas station and regular bills. Can you tell the prices are higher in your life? Does this bother you at all? Has this changed you way of buying and shopping anywhere, eating out gas? Is your budget more difficult then years ago? Are you switching to other name brands, restaurants, and gas station choices to search for cost value items and service of any kind? Even car repairs or plane travel as well. .

So this topic is it hitting your budget? What's life now than say10 yrs ago perhaps?. . Do you think your dollar value is not getting its worth much these days shopping, buying and paying bills anything use of money purposes.? So this post is about how does this personally effect your budget spending and even others you personally know that talked to you about the cost of living issue?. . Now let's see if this makes a difference now how to discuss this more in a personal everyday life issue at home and out places . . even internet shopping too.

We've seen an increase in prices that effect our budget. But part of that is also kids getting into that "eat everything in sight" stage, so consumption is certainly up. We got nailed with the high lumber prices on a deck renovation recently - it probably added over 25% to the original estimate.

Just as a general comment, we will probably see a continued increase on prices on many goods due to burgeoning middle classes developing in China and India. This is a huge amount of people now using resources that used to mainly flow to the West. Also, those people are being paid more and will begin to eat into the wage advantages of manufacturing in those countries.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

How are higher prices hitting me personally? 

I had to buy another car recently because I'm a frequent commuter. My other car was getting dangerously high in miles. I didn't want to take the chance of loosing a car to a major repair and having to look for a replacement fast. That usually never works out well. If the price of fuel here had been lower I would have probably bought a larger car as my daily driver. I ended up making a compromise. I still bought a decent car, just not the car I would have bought under different circumstances.

While I didn't plan for this, I ended up with some very  spacious well made cabinets for free. All I had to do was take them home. I decided to use the larger of them as  extra food storage. The cabinet is 8ft high and 4ft wide with doors and shelves in it. It fits perfectly in my garage and still fits my car. I  bought some food items in bulk in addition to other canned food and dried goods to keep in it as extra food if we need it. While we haven't needed it, I think it's a good idea to have extra supplies on hand just in case there's another hold up in food distribution here for whatever reason. If I find a good deal on something I might buy it to keep in there just in case. IF I am buying something I suspect will be overly expensive in the future I'll stock on extra of it. Doesn't need to be just food, could be anything you think you might use. If you think you'll need it later and you can afford it, buy it now because you will probably be paying more for it later. As an example several years back I needed a sump pump. When I went in I bought two of them. My washer pumps water every time we wash. The pump also pumps water if my basement floods. In an emergency involving water no one will have pumps in stock.......so buy two.

I am very thankful to the Lord that my situation right now allows me to have extra that has so far been enough to absorb the price increases. The extra at the grocery store isn't enough to make a serious dent in my finances yet. 

I have noticed the price of my cable package really eating into my finances. While we can absorb that too, I think it's too much and we need to do something. Food I will pay for. I see cable TV as largely a waste. I am always looking for ways to save. I just ordered my first pair or online prescription glasses. I still had to get the prescription locally. My vision insurance is a joke. No one wants to use it.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:28 AM, truecrosstrueshield said:

My wife and I are on a fixed income.  So yes, rising prices are affecting us.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The unique thing God can do in this is bring the satisfactions of our heart to a lower standard of internal acceptance ...  removing entertainment's priorities thus reducing cost :thumbsup: 

• Thumbs Up 2