Hopefully

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I try to stay in the new testament and encourage positive thinking.. amen Glory to God...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Regarding ancient structures, why is it so hard for people to understand the principles and laws of math, weights, levers, measures, rollers, and pulley's ? One can move very huge or heavy objects with NON modern equipment. While I'm on the subject, cranes for the most part employ levers and pulleys, It’s not uncommon for large cranes to lift loads of nearly 40,000 pounds.

I've posted four video's in the general video forum demonstrating simple methods for moving heavy objects. But of course, believing a 30 foot tall alien from outer space or a evil being did all this is more exciting and mysterious and even entertaining, than the fact that God gave us ordinary humans, intelligence and ingenuity to move large objects or build seemingly impossible structures. We can push or pull more than we can ever physically carry.

As for the op, I don't see anywhere in the canonical scripture that any “evil entities” were the blame for X sins or that they even suggested such. Mankind is very good at passing the buck so to speak, in an attempt to avoid any or all responsibility for his / her part where sin is concerned. Adam very quickly first blamed Eve, then God. Eve, blamed satan... and of course the buck so to speak stopped at Satan. And yet, in spite of Satan being the instigator, Adam and Eve were still held accountable.

God intended for mankind to have fellowship with him, through worship, adoration and honoring God, as God. And when we do not honor God for who he is, we will invariably worship other things and give free indulgence to our own sinful desires. The book of Romans speaks of this fact. So we don't need to be taught certain sins by some evil entity.

Sin is effectually curbed when we have a willingness to honor God as God and being delighted with His perfections.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/270232-lifting-a-heavy-object-without-using-any-modern-technology/

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/270223-lifting-a-railcar-with-a-simple-bottle-jack/

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/270221-moving-large-stones/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  9.52
  • Days Won:  149

Without calling anyone out I will say I vehemently disagree that men could have built some of these structures.

Like so many other arguments we set up these straw men when really people have not done their home work on it.

The 'wise' thing to do is to look at the structures in depth and how EXACTLY they were put together. I have been around the trades in one way or another all my life. I KNOW even now men could not have done some of these feats all by themselves. It is ludicrous to think so. I understand simple leverage. This is WAY beyond all of that.  Any close scrutiny dispels that myth that common men made all of it. One quick search into the findings from trained structural engineers into many of these structures leaves only one explanation. Men either had lots of help from sources far beyond their capabilities or they didn't build them at all. 

My simple advice to anyone who really doesn't understand any of it in great detail, who instead relies on biased articles to make their points should either stay out of the debate or do some of their own homework.

I am not referencing the whole Enoch narrative as my source. I am simply looking at the structures and making a determination.

I don't buy the ancient astronaut theory, but I do believe fallen angels and/or their offspring were involved. That part of it is my own theory which I believe is shared by others and supported by numerous findings. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Without calling anyone out I will say I vehemently disagree that men could have built some of these structures.

Like so many other arguments we set up these straw men when really people have not done their home work on it.

The 'wise' thing to do is to look at the structures in depth and how EXACTLY they were put together. I have been around the trades in one way or another all my life. I KNOW even now men could not have done some of these feats all by themselves. It is ludicrous to think so. I understand simple leverage. This is WAY beyond all of that.  Any close scrutiny dispels that myth that common men made all of it. One quick search into the findings from trained structural engineers into many of these structures leaves only one explanation. Men either had lots of help from sources far beyond their capabilities or they didn't build them at all. 

My simple advice to anyone who really doesn't understand any of it in great detail, who instead relies on biased articles to make their points should either stay out of the debate or do some of their own homework.

I am not referencing the whole Enoch narrative as my source. I am simply looking at the structures and making a determination.

I don't buy the ancient astronaut theory, but I do believe fallen angels and/or their offspring were involved. That part of it is my own theory which I believe is shared by others and supported by numerous findings. 

Now the whole earth used the same language and the same words. It came about as they journeyed east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. They said to one another, “Come, let us make bricks and burn them thoroughly.” And they used brick for stone, and they used tar for mortar. They said, “Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.” The Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. The Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

How are the Watchers as described by Enoch different than Prometheus from Greek legend? Why is defying the Titans to give mankind fire considered good while defying God to give mankind knowledge of metals, stones and plants considered bad?

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Kelly2363 said:

The Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them.

“Let’s go down and confuse their language. Then they will not understand each other.” So people stopped building the city, and the Lord scattered them all over the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭11:7-8‬ ‭

Are the structures “in question” now left over from what they were stopped from building?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Hopefully said:

“Let’s go down and confuse their language. Then they will not understand each other.” So people stopped building the city, and the Lord scattered them all over the earth.”

Are the structures “in question” now left over from what they were stopped from building?

Probably not. The Biblical narrative strongly suggests a ziggurat.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Kelly2363 said:

Now the whole earth used the same language and the same words. It came about as they journeyed east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. They said to one another, “Come, let us make bricks and burn them thoroughly.” And they used brick for stone, and they used tar for mortar. They said, “Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.” The Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. The Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them.

The old location of the TOB has probably been located. Do you know what's left of it? Not much. The text here is telling of the construction. Good old brick and mortar. It was a meager effort by men who used the construction techniques of that time.

UNLIKE the construction at say, Machu Picchu in Peru. There is no mortar. The joints are so tightly fit you won't get a sheet of paper between them. Not to mention the SIZE of the blocks and where some of them would have come from. 

Imagine the difficulty involved in carving an entire building out of solid rock without breaking even one piece off. You would have to work backwards of normal construction. I believe men had either technical help or didn't do it at all. There are multiple examples of this. I am not saying ALL large rock structures were made by fallen angels and giants. I believe many were.

Temple Of India Link

footprint 2.jpg

rocks3.png

rocks4.jpg

giants.jpg

giants2.jpg

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

8 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

It is a deception and you began it in this instance in the first post. You cited the names of fallen angels from a book that is being pressed as a means of establishing that evil spirits teach men how to do exceptional things. And regardless as to the validity of the claim itself as a principle of occult predications - when I post a passage of Scripture being, Now the whole earth used the same language and the same words. It came about as they journeyed east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. They said to one another, “Come, let us make bricks and burn them thoroughly.” And they used brick for stone, and they used tar for mortar. They said, “Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.” The Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. The Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them" you then ask me "Are the structures “in question” now left over from what they were stopped from building?"

Is that intended to be a sincere question borne out of a desire to know truth?

If it is then receive the only account you have from the Scripture that tells us that there is no end to what men can do when their collective skills are allowed to work against God. 

31 minutes ago, LearningToLetGo said:

How are the Watchers as described by Enoch different than Prometheus from Greek legend? Why is defying the Titans to give mankind fire considered good while defying God to give mankind knowledge of metals, stones and plants considered bad?

This is a good question. There is a close correlation between many Greek Fables and  historical accounts once thought to all be fiction, or at least this is how these things are taught now. The way I see it, wasn't necessarily bad for men to learn some of these things it was more the source it came from and how it was presented. Anything can be used for the wrong reasons. Not only that, but these were not supposed to be the beings who presented it to men. It wasn't their place to do so. It is only God's place to advance men in ways which serve Him.

These beings had stepped out of line and will be judged for it. They were never instructed to do any of the things they did. There were fallen angels who rebelled against the Lord. Their agenda was not to advance men but to distort God's plan using men as pawns.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1