• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

Well, let's see what the Bible says ?  Here's Paul's words to young Timothy...

1 Timothy 4:12

12 Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

I think that applies, don't you ?  Always respect those above you and who are your elders my friend, but also- don't let them look down on you either.  What you think and feel is just as important and anyone else's thoughts :thumbsup:

Be blessed in the Lord,

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree with what Tim quoted. I would like to share an experienvce with you.

I was painting a model of Han Solo from Star Wars. And I was having a dickens of a time painting his pants the right shade of Navy Blue. "Adults" said mix black with blue, blue with black, pour black onto blue while stiring, not stiring, and one even said give up. My then 10 yr old cousin Melissa said to try painting them both on the Model at the same time. And guess what? They mixed. NEVER, EVER LET ANYONE STOP YOU FROM HAVING AN OPINION BECAUSE OF YOUR AGE!! Trust me, a child who shares his cookies is someone I would listen to. As opposed to an adult who would kill of you touched his cookies.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Hey there!

When i was 13 i felt exactly the same way. I had been through enough, seen enough, to be 50. But that didnt mean i knew better. Or even as much, it just felt like i did. You will realise, as you get older,Wow! there really IS so so much i still hadnt known. And all your life, no matter how old you are there are still lessons to learn and new things to know. Just think of your bible! My Grandad is 75. Has been reading his bible for 60 years and STILL is learning!

Also, you say your VERY opinonated. I for one know that being like that can be a blessing but also, something we have to be careful of. Sometimes, if we over ride an elders opinion, in a overbearing way, which we can do accidentally out of our passion for what we believe, we can come across as disrespectful and rude, and adults can lash back by picking on your age and saying "im right, im older, what would you know" So sometimes its just people, being... well... people. So dont stress too much. All your life you will have people rejecting your opinions at some stage, especially if you have alot of them as i do! As long as you know yourself whats right, and your opinions come from the truth of the Word of God, the bible, you dont have to fret.

Blessings

Bluebird

XoXo

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Also, you say your VERY opinonated. I for one know that being like that can be a blessing but also, something we have to be careful of. Sometimes, if we over ride an elders opinion, in a overbearing way, which we can do accidentally out of our passion for what we believe, we can come across as disrespectful and rude, and adults can lash back by picking on your age and saying "im right, im older, what would you know"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very true my friend; and Paul covered that too-

1 Timothy 5:1-3

1 Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers,

2 older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.

3 Give proper recognition to those widows who are really in need.

It's all about respect; and it goes for everyone- young and old :thumbsup:

Be blessed my friends,

Tim

Guest biblegirl

I am 17 and face the same problem. Recently, however God opened up a door for me. I am going to be, along with my Mom, over an international pray team. If you are interested on maybe being on the pray team just send me an e-mail at biblegirl88@yahoo.com. Though others may not show it your prayers are important to God and so is anything else that u are passionate about. It is not an easy task, we are asking some difficult things, but I don't believe you seek the easy way at anything. If you are interested jus' let me know. Even if you aren't interested I jus wanted u to know that everything that is important to you is important to God. :emot-hug: [/font]

Guest worldstranger

hi kaitlin!

i'm a new member and i'm 14... sometimes, it's not just your thots and opinions that make pple think that you're a child. sometimes it's also the way you behave... no offense, but complaining and grumbling whenever you're asked to do something doesn't make you seem mature... remember that showing the fruits of the spirit is the most important... and demonstrating your love for God in quieter ways, with a gentle and kind heart... not blasting your opinions at the top of your voice. hope i've help and always trust in GOd okay?

eunice

Guest letty b4him
I am 13 and I have very very strong opinions and I am far from stupid but people still use my age against me. They say that I haven't been around long enough to know certain things that you learn with experience and age. The truth is, I have seen things that most 13 year olds shouldn't have seen. I don't understand why people still use my age against me. I mean, people even think that I am 50 by the way I speak and what I say. I just don't understand.

It's unfair and I want to know why everyone does it to me.

Thank You for taking the time to read this.

I would appreciate replies if you have the time.

God Bless!!!!!

Kaitlyn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Kaitlyn,

I read your post and tried to remember what it was like to be 13. I am 51 now and it is a little difficult to reach back to that year. I remember a few things that were significant then. Relationships with others being very important. Having the intestinal fortitude to stand for what I believe in the face of abuse and persecution. Being battered by those who rejected the evidence. Hold on to the Lord and His Word. Don't let it go!

By the way, one of the youngest ambassadors to Russia from America was 13. Do a little research and find out his name. God bless

Edited by letty b4him

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I'm 14, and I have strong opiions too.

As others have found...it's not easy to change my views.

(I'm talking doctrinally, not everyday life)

But once, I heard a preacher say something that I thought was in grave error.

I totally switched off...after a while.

At the end of the service, someone said to me,( she was a woman) said "that was WONDERFUL, wasn't it?

That man was like a breath of fresh air!"

I shook my head "I don't agree with the -------thing......."

She then stared at me........as if I was mad.

Then.......someone else said "M----------(Yomo's) only 14......"

I said "D--------!" (person's name)

"She's still making opinoins of her own....." he continued.

I was so angry and upset.

To my embarrasment, I had to say "I AM making my opinions...." to her.

I asked the person who'd upset me.....and I he realised that I had really had my own view.

He apologised.....I forgave him.....but I did feel very upset.

So, Fire Paw, I know how you feel.

Yomo

:noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Howdy and welcome to Worthy!!! Hope you enjoy it here! When you get a chance, come by and see us in the chat room or in Fellowship Hall and get to know us! :(

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Oh wow, I could've written the same post! This happens to me CONSTANTLY. Sometimes (alot of times) I think that people just under-estimate what God can do in and through young people. They forget that throughout Scripture, God often called on young people (including David, Esther and Mary) to accomplish TREMENDOUS things for His glory..even when there were many older or "more qualified" people around to do the same job.

I also think (and this may get me shot) but I think that as people age and grow in knowledge on stuff, they tend to get more prideful. Not everyone, of course. But I run into alot of older people who use their age or "experience" as a point of superiority over others who are younger. Experience does NOT equal wisdom and neither does age. Wisdom, according to Proverbs, is something that is gained only through diligent pursuit. And as James teaches is, we get it by asking God for it. It doesn't matter if you're 10 or 100. If you faithfully pursue wisdom and seek it from God, He will be faithful to give it liberally. This is a Scriptural promise.

So I guess I say all that to say...keep pressing on. Be sure that you show respect to others regardless of their age, just as you'd like respect too. I have very strong opinions too and sometimes come on strong, but I try not to be disrespectful to others if at all possible. Unless I'm provoked....I'm human and Italian afterall. :21:

Other than that, just remember who you are and that God uses people in spite of age or any other human factor. If he can speak through a donkey, I certainly think he can speak through a 13 year old!

:)