IGNORED

How will we tell the difference between 'the angels' and the 'resurrected or changed' once ALL have received their spiritual bodies?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Is there a single soul who can explain this? 

Revelation 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

Revelation 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Until then, if you say it isn't truth,  that is on you  

Warning given.  

God to child :   WHY CHILD would you say that your Brethren, the Prophets, and those which keep the saying of this book were ANGELS.  

Child to God  because IT IS WRITTEN.  And I read the book as directed precept on precept verse by verse here a little there a little and I studied and I read the whole book and the chapters and the verse and that was for sure what was written.  I saw no reason for it to not be taken literally as written as it did not come off as a figure of speech, in the spiritual take it fit will many other things written.  Nothing was contradicting anything else and it fit in with Your over all Plan.  

Amplified to simplify

8I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9But he said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets and with those who heed and remember [the truths contained in] the words of this book. Worship God.”

Maybe that will help you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.55

13 hours ago, FortifiedbyFaith said:

Amplified to simplify

8I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9But he said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets and with those who heed and remember [the truths contained in] the words of this book. Worship God.”

Maybe that will help you.

No more than when you responded with this

Seriously much of what you have written was innuendo. You quote the Bible until the cows come home and turn around and assume much from it. Look at your title. Yell all you want Sister. You got back what you gave. You gave opinion as did I.

Hopefully this will help you.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.38
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

@DeighAnn

You seem to be really worked up about this.

I just read through a bunch of the OP, but I do not understand what you are getting at.

Can you briefly, in your own words explain what is bothering you.

Precisely what are you seeing that is not commonly held as true?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Alive said:

@DeighAnn

You seem to be really worked up about this.

I just read through a bunch of the OP, but I do not understand what you are getting at.

Can you briefly, in your own words explain what is bothering you.

Precisely what are you seeing that is not commonly held as true?

Hi Alive,

Do I?  You are probably right.  What is bothering me, is the putting forth of words other than Gods like it was Truth while at the same time not even ACKNOWLEDGING the words of God that make them VOID.  

I believe we are 'angels' when  NOT LIVING ON EARTH AND when we are living on earth we are called 'man'  'earthy Hu mans'. 

THE PROBLEM
I have asked for Scripture to prove otherwise.  It has not been provided while at the same time I am coming under fire for stating such a belief.   

I have stated that WE, the sons of God, are IN FACT the same sons of God that were the sons of God when the earth was being created. 

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof  7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

I believe God created the earth to be inhabited and there was no CHAOS at any time during that creation.  

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars

I believe this then took place

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and t he dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

I believe this is how that made God feel

Jeremiah 4:19 My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.

I believe this is what took place because of that feeling

Jeremiah 4:20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.

Jeremiah 4:21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?

Jeremiah 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Jeremiah 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

Jeremiah 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Jeremiah 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jeremiah 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

I believe this is where 'this next part' the HERE and NOW earth age began

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

I believe this is what Peter is bringing our minds into memory of

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

2 Peter 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I believe that when God was speaking here it was not to HIMSELF alone BUT to those 'sons of God'  that were singing and shouting

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created He him
...The first man Adam was made a living soul... 
...the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy
male and female created He them.

I believe that without this understanding the words of God can not be understood.  I believe it makes everyone ADD their thoughts to what clearly needs no addition at all.  

Where did Satan in the garden come from?
When did he rule kingdoms?
How did God FOREKNOW someone?
Why are some 'preordained' and others not?
How can what I was born into be JUST?
Why can God use some and not others?
Why are some of the promises of God irrevocable to only some and not others?
Why are the children 'turned to their fathers'?
Why was there such evil upon the earth when the 'angels LEFT their habitation'?
How is it there is nothing new under the sun?
How is it fair that ALL will be judged when some never even spent any time here?
Why should I be rejoicing at a death and morning a birth?
Why wont we be in EARTHY bodies ever again?
Why was there a dream about the peoples of the earth made with angels going up and down a ladder?

And most of all WHY

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Brief??  Hope so.  I hope this clears it up.   I sure hope that if you have been led in another direction you will take all these verses and set them in the places you believe their truth is told.  I am so very tired of everyone beating down what I put out yet no one will ever put out their own.  Like everyone is great at tearing down but no one knows how to build.  I am starting to wonder if it is by design.  Would certainly seem so.   d

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Days Won:  12

21 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Hi Alive,

Do I?  You are probably right.  What is bothering me, is the putting forth of words other than Gods like it was Truth while at the same time not even ACKNOWLEDGING the words of God that make them VOID.  

I believe we are 'angels' when  NOT LIVING ON EARTH AND when we are living on earth we are called 'man'  'earthy Hu mans'. 

THE PROBLEM
I have asked for Scripture to prove otherwise.  It has not been provided while at the same time I am coming under fire for stating such a belief.   

I have stated that WE, the sons of God, are IN FACT the same sons of God that were the sons of God when the earth was being created. 

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof  7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

I believe God created the earth to be inhabited and there was no CHAOS at any time during that creation.  

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars

I believe this then took place

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and t he dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

I believe this is how that made God feel

Jeremiah 4:19 My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.

I believe this is what took place because of that feeling

Jeremiah 4:20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.

Jeremiah 4:21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?

Jeremiah 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Jeremiah 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

Jeremiah 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Jeremiah 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jeremiah 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

I believe this is where 'this next part' the HERE and NOW earth age began

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

I believe this is what Peter is bringing our minds into memory of

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

2 Peter 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I believe that when God was speaking here it was not to HIMSELF alone BUT to those 'sons of God'  that were singing and shouting

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created He him
...The first man Adam was made a living soul... 
...the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy
male and female created He them.

I believe that without this understanding the words of God can not be understood.  I believe it makes everyone ADD their thoughts to what clearly needs no addition at all.  

Where did Satan in the garden come from?
When did he rule kingdoms?
How did God FOREKNOW someone?
Why are some 'preordained' and others not?
How can what I was born into be JUST?
Why can God use some and not others?
Why are some of the promises of God irrevocable to only some and not others?
Why are the children 'turned to their fathers'?
Why was there such evil upon the earth when the 'angels LEFT their habitation'?
How is it there is nothing new under the sun?
How is it fair that ALL will be judged when some never even spent any time here?
Why should I be rejoicing at a death and morning a birth?
Why wont we be in EARTHY bodies ever again?
Why was there a dream about the peoples of the earth made with angels going up and down a ladder?

And most of all WHY

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Brief??  Hope so.  I hope this clears it up.   I sure hope that if you have been led in another direction you will take all these verses and set them in the places you believe their truth is told.  I am so very tired of everyone beating down what I put out yet no one will ever put out their own.  Like everyone is great at tearing down but no one knows how to build.  I am starting to wonder if it is by design.  Would certainly seem so.   d

Matt. 22:29,30 (WEB)

29 But Jesus answered them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God. 
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like God’s angels in heaven. 

---Something that is like something else is, by definition, not that something else, but has similarities to it.  This means that our resurrected bodies will be similar to those of angels; however, it also means that we will still not be angels.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2021 at 12:30 PM, David1701 said:

Matt. 22:29,30 (WEB)

29 But Jesus answered them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God. 
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like God’s angels in heaven. 

---Something that is like something else is, by definition, not that something else, but has similarities to it.  This means that our resurrected bodies will be similar to those of angels; however, it also means that we will still not be angels.

Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

It was a vision.  A vision is not the real thing. 

This confirms what I posted!

3 hours ago, David1701 said:

It was a vision.  A vision is not the real thing. 

This confirms what I posted!

If that is where you find your peace...as for me, I just can't discard all the rest.  I have no reason for them to be 'of another kind'.  I know that when I die I will be like some who died before me while at the same time NOT like others.  Will I be like the angels?  I believe so.   

I believe in visions from God and I believe them to be real and I believe them to be truth whether shown in literal or figurative fashion.  

If being right is the object and you feel it coming in a vison to be the decisive factor, they yes, it is confirmed for you.  

d

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

biblehub

5613. hós ►
Strong's Concordance
hós: as, like as, even as, when, since, as long as
Original Word: ὡς
Part of Speech: Adverb
Transliteration: hós
Phonetic Spelling: (hoce)
Definition: as, like as, even as, when, since, as long as
Usage: as, like as, about, as it were, according as, how, when, while, as soon as, so that.

but as angels of God in heaven they are         
but like as angels of God in heaven they are                    
but about angels of God in heaven they are
but as it were angels of God in heaven they are              
but according as angels of God in heaven they are        
but how angels of God in heaven they are
but when angels of God in heaven they are
but while angels of God in heaven they are
but as soon as angels of God in heaven they are
but so that angels of God in heaven they are

c. ὡς makes reference to similarity or equality, in such expressions as εἶναι ὡς τινα, i. e. 'to be like' or 'equal to' one, Matthew 22:30; Matthew 28:3; Mark 6:34; Mark 12:25; Luke 6:40; Luke 11:44; Luke 18:11; Luke 22:26; Romans 9:27; 1 Corinthians 7:7, 29-31; 2 Corinthians 2:17; 1 Peter 1:24; 2 Peter 3:8; 

In for the resurrection
neither do they marry
nor are given in marriage
but like angels of God in heaven
they are

In for the resurrection  neither do they marry
but like angels
of God in heaven
they are

In for the resurrection
neither do they marry
but
like angels of God
in heaven they are

How does the Holy Spirit lead you?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/1/2021 at 12:21 AM, DeighAnn said:

Any thoughts on this?  Gonna be really hard, I am thinking, since we can't tell them apart from us now, imagine when we all have the same type of bodies.  They eat our food and we eat theirs.  They have free will and so do we.  They sin as we do. Some of them get condemned to death as do some of us.  In Jesus will God bring us with Him and Son of man with His angels comes in the glory of Father.  So much 'casual' overlapping of terms.  We must be born from above.  We return to the Father.  Angels ascending and descending on ladder vision and God speaking of the SEED to Abraham...and always that pesky angel...of thy brethren the prophets.  

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Mark 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mark 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Mark 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things that that of Abel.

Hebrews 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

(So definitely 'all in heaven' are not 'sinless' by any means).

Hebrews 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Hebrews 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Just read Michael Heiser's book, Angels.

"Angel" is a job title as well as a generic term for elohim. It's like calling a salmon a "fish". Or calling a human a mailman.