SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.04
  • Days Won:  0

What may be a sensitive subject for one Christian, may not be a sensitive subject to another.  God doesn't want lukewarm Christians, but we should be able to have civilized conversations the majority of times.  Some subjects are just to sensitive to have an agreement or even respect for another's position, but that should be in the minority.  Here are some topics sure to raise diverse opinions:

• King James Version Only
  • Textus Receptus Only and all manner of other variations on what Bible translation is to be trusted
  • Abortion
  • Evolution and the interpretation of the Genesis Creation account (YEC vs OEC included)
  • Lucifer's Flood and Noah's Flood and the events leading up to and beyond
  • The Book of Enoch
  • Revelation
  • Baptism, infant and adult, full immersion, formula, etc.
  • The Trinity
  • Gifts of the Holy Spirit (healing, tongues, et al.)
  • The Rapture, timing and reality of the scripture supporting it
  • Canon of Holy Scripture
  • Denominations, The Roman and Eastern Orthodox Catholic faiths, et al.
  • The New Age Movement, pagan influence in the church, etc.
  • Qualifications for one to be called a Christian
  • Interpretation of Prophesies in Holy Scripture
  • Other supplemental texts mentioned in the Old Testament (Book of Jasher, the Book of Gad the Seer, The War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness, et al.)
  • The Deuterocanonical Books
  • Calvinism, T-U-L-I-P, Reformed Theology, free will, et al.

And all manner of other subjects.  These are just the tip of the iceberg.  These are positions I hold dear, on one side of the topic or the other as my posts have defined.  I apologize if anyone has taken what I've wrote on these topics personally.  I stand by my positions but make no accusations against other members on this forum who differ.  I respect the moderators of this forum greatly, it's a hard and sometimes thankless job.  I will personally try to make their jobs less stressful and watch more closely what I write so to be true to God's Word without being hurtful to others.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
changed right to write
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

What may be a sensitive subject for one Christian, may not be a sensitive subject to another.  God doesn't want lukewarm Christians, but we should be able to have civilized conversations the majority of times.  Some subjects are just to sensitive to have an agreement or even respect for another's position, but that should be in the minority.  Here are some topics sure to raise diverse opinions:

• Textus Receptus Only and all manner of other variations on what Bible translation is to be trusted
  • Abortion
  • Evolution and the interpretation of the Genesis Creation account (YEC vs OEC included)
  • The Book of Enoch
  • Revelation
  • The Trinity
  • Other supplemental texts mentioned in the Old Testament (Book of Jasher, the Book of Gad the Seer, The War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness, et al.)

And all manner of other subjects.  These are just the tip of the iceberg.  These are positions I hold dear, on one side of the topic or the other as my posts have defined.  I apologize if anyone has taken what I've wrote on these topics personally.  I stand by my positions but make no accusations against other members on this forum who differ.  I respect the moderators of this forum greatly, it's a hard and sometimes thankless job.  I will personally try to make their jobs less stressful and watch more closely what I right so to be true to God's Word without being hurtful to others.

The scriptures teach us to speak the truth in love. If we resort to condescending posts or replies, we disobey God. We are also admonished by scripture to "prefer others better than ourselves." What we need to remember is to "love mercy, and to walk humbly with our God." Being mindful of this should greatly affect how we treat others.

Gary

Edited by bropro
Punctuation error
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

• Abortion
  • The Book of Enoch
  • Revelation
  • The Trinity

And all manner of other subjects.  These are just the tip of the iceberg.  These are positions I hold dear, on one side of the topic or the other as my posts have defined.  I apologize if anyone has taken what I've wrote on these topics personally.  I stand by my positions but make no accusations against other members on this forum who differ.  I respect the moderators of this forum greatly, it's a hard and sometimes thankless job.  I will personally try to make their jobs less stressful and watch more closely what I right so to be true to God's Word without being hurtful to others.

Most of those above topics are hot topics and push the red button for many. The Holy Bible addresses most of the above topics but people sometimes can't see that or their Church tells them different. Christian discernment and wisdom also gives the born again Christ direction on the above topics.

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Most of those above topics are hot topics and push the red button for many. The Holy Bible addresses most of the above topics but people sometimes can't see that or their Church tells them different. Christian discernment and wisdom also gives the born again Christ direction on the above topics.

Then should we just stop sharing our understanding of the Bible with others?

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

There are hot button issues because Christians are discouraged from sharing their interpretations of Holy Scripture.  If places where Christians gather are not allowed to discuss these issues, ...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

So all the above list of sensitive subjects should be avoided because someone's feelings might be hurt?  Where do we go to discuss these issues?

14 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So all the above list of sensitive subjects should be avoided because someone's feelings might be hurt?  Where do we go to discuss these issues?

Those subjects should not be avoided. The best a born again Christian can do is give them information that God would want them to have. The literal truth of what the Holy Bible tells us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

There are hot button issues because Christians are discouraged from sharing their interpretations of Holy Scripture.  If places where Christians gather are not allowed to discuss these issues, ...

If an interpretation is not biblical that person needs to know the Christian truth. Some times a person will argue over and over again. That is when I know I have posted God's truth and I know their mind has digested that. It is then up to them. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Then should we just stop sharing our understanding of the Bible with others?

Sharing one's understanding of the Bible with others is one thing. We can discuss those things in a civil manner and it's not a problem. The problems start when one person begins judging, condemning, belittling, or other wise looking down on others who disagree with them. Probably one of the best examples of that is the line, "Well, you can't be a real Christian if ________ (fill in the blank with controversy of the moment.) That's where things go off the rails and the truth is no longer spoken in love. 

Most of the "controversies" listed are things the church (as in the body of Christ in general) has had questions about from the beginning. Many of those things have been worked out over the centuries and are settled (more or less.) Other questions remain and it might be because I'm older but I realize many of those questions won't be answered on this side of eternity. Others, like what Bible version is best, to me are endless arguments I will no longer bother with since they take away time, energy, and effort that is best used elsewhere, but that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I will personally try to make their jobs less stressful and watch more closely what I right so to be true to God's Word without being hurtful to others.

Good post. God does not like us to argue but to be of one mind. That is not difficult if we stick to likemindedness instead of trying to change people’s views. 

We can always edify those who believe as we do instead of being attracted to views we disagree with finding it boring to agree and edify others on the issues we do agree on.

Edited by Hopefully
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1