IGNORED

SANCTIFIED through Christ once and for all.

Light Bearer

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,281
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

19 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

You have to evaluate scripture with all of scriptures not just snippets of Paul's writings.  We deceive our selves if was just follow Paul snippets but reject the rest of scriptures.  Truth is established by multiple witnesses and not just the testimony of one.  Faith and works are both a part of salvation and not just faith alone.   You can not go around confessing your a follower of Christ and yet deny him in your actions.  We are told we must strive (labor/work fervently) to enter the Kingdom of God because many will seek to enter but only a few will be saved.  If we go around saying we know him yet live in disobedience to his teaching then we are liars and THE TRUTH is not in us. 

James Apostle and  Brother of Jesus:

What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? ... Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. - Jas 2:14, 17-24 KJV 

Jesus:

Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive [labor fervently] to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [ye] workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [yourselves] thrust out. And they shall come from the east, and [from] the west, and from the north, and [from] the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last. - Luk 13:23-30 KJV

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOETH the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (sin/wickedness/lawlessness). - Mat 7:21-23 KJV

Apostle John:

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. - 1Jo 2:3-4 KJV

Paul agrees:

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. - Tit 1:16 KJV

When this was stated (below) by God -He meant it:

Titus 3:5-7

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
KJV

The issue you are having is understanding essence 'the new life essence' being born from above...  If Jesus did a certain way in His Body when here now that He is in us won't He do the same? This is what all you have posted (Bible references) is referring to ~not initial salvation for then the verse quoted above not by works is clear... The Bible is clear that all works, all memory, everything completely will be done away with:

The prophecy Isa 65:17

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
KJV

The reference to the prophecy 1 Cor 13:8

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
KJV

The vision of there and then Rev 21:1-5

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
KJV

So knowing your insistence that one must work to be saved and now knowing God's not even keeping the record of such where does that leave your theology of this? You see we 'the born from above' do not hold anything of this world or flesh as anything of eternal value because God has told us He is not keeping it... thus we do not place eternal worth in that which passes away! May I suggest you do not either...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

So knowing your insistence that one must work to be saved and now knowing God's not even keeping the record of such where does that leave your theology of this? You see we 'the born from above' do not hold anything of this world or flesh as anything of eternal value because God has told us He is not keeping it... thus we do not place eternal worth in that which passes away! May I suggest you do not either...

No, you completely mischaracterized what I said and your scripture quotes are completely taken out of context and have nothing to do with this discussion.  Go back and reread what I said and quoted.  True faith has works that prove your faith.  Following Christ is more than a mental acknowledgment but of life devoted to Faith and Obedience to Messiah.  You would have to have a completely seared and reprobate conscience to over look the following scriptures where Messiah clearly said there are cost for following him and if any man was not willing to for go these cost he is not worthy of him.  The American gospel which you seem to follow is deduced to just having mental acknowledgement of Christ but you don't actually believe you have to follow him or obey him.  This is not true faith that saves.

Cost of Following Messiah:

Must deny ourselves and carry our cross:

Then He said to [them] all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost? "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His [own] glory, and [in His] Father's, and of the holy angels. - Luk 9:23-26 NKJV

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. - Mat 10:38 KJV

"He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. - Jhn 12:25 NKJV

Must Strive/Labor fervently to enter the kingdom:

Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive [labor fervently] to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: - Luk 13:23-25 KJV

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide [is] the gate and broad [is] the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. "Because narrow [is] the gate and difficult [is] the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. - Mat 7:13-14 NKJV

Must forsake sin(repentance):

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. - Isa 55:6-7 KJV

Again, when the wicked [man] turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. ... Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn [yourselves], and live ye. - Eze 18:27-28, 30-32 KJV

...Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel." - Mar 1:14-15 NKJV

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. - 2Pe 3:9 KJV

Must be born again with a new heart that is obedient to his teachings:

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. - Eze 11:19-20 KJV

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. ... Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. - Jhn 3:3, 5 KJV

But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. - Jer 31:33 KJV

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. - 1Jo 2:3-4 KJV

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 10/14/2021 at 4:22 AM, Light Bearer said:

These verses do state that our sanctification is done. As in past tense and we have been perfected forever. And this perfectness is byproduct of the new Covenant, the putting of God's commandments in our hearts and minds.

At the cross Jesus said: "It is finished". Yet I had not been born and He had not even begun to do a work in my life. God declares the end from the beginning and He watches over His Word to see that His plan and purpose is accomplished. We have to choose if we want to be a part of the life He declares for us. David tells us in Psalm 139:16 that God writes the book of our life at conception before we even make it to the womb. I had a dream once about a daughter I have in Heaven that never made it to the womb. She is in Heaven now becoming the person that God intended for her to be. There are angels there watching over and helping her. I saw one of the angels reading a book that I later found out was the book of her life that God wrote at her conception. Like I said this was a very vivid dream that I had so people can take it for what that is worth to them. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/30/1966

One can not be saved by works.

We are Sanctified through the blood of Jesus. A purged conscience, our inner man from dead works; sin, acts that cause death. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for he had said before of this perfectness. For God has said He will put His laws in our hearts and in our minds, His Word in our hearts and mouths. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. That we may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know Jesus whom God sent. Christ in us the Hope of Glory. For He is Love and as he is, so are we in this world.

Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Heb 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Ezek 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Ezek 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

YOU have given us all things that pertain to life and godliness. LORD we believe thank you helping our unbelief; AMEN!

• 1 year later...

On 10/16/2021 at 10:04 AM, JohnR7 said:

At the cross Jesus said: "It is finished". Yet I had not been born and He had not even begun to do a work in my life. God declares the end from the beginning and He watches over His Word to see that His plan and purpose is accomplished. We have to choose if we want to be a part of the life He declares for us. David tells us in Psalm 139:16 that God writes the book of our life at conception before we even make it to the womb. I had a dream once about a daughter I have in Heaven that never made it to the womb. She is in Heaven now becoming the person that God intended for her to be. There are angels there watching over and helping her. I saw one of the angels reading a book that I later found out was the book of her life that God wrote at her conception. Like I said this was a very vivid dream that I had so people can take it for what that is worth to them. 

God had not yet begun a work in your life?  It is a certainty that in Him we move, live and have our being. For He has given all things to us that pertain to live and godliness. And all good things come down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variance. For it is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. That which may be known of God is manifested to us, for God shows us. The invisible things are clearly shown, from the creation of the world so we are without excuse.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, Light Bearer said:

God had not yet begun a work in your life?  It is a certainty that in Him we move, live and have our being. For He has given all things to us that pertain to live and godliness. And all good things come down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variance. For it is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. That which may be known of God is manifested to us, for God shows us. The invisible things are clearly shown, from the creation of the world so we are without excuse.

We are without excuse.....if we have excuses for not doing this or that I suppose we must reconsider where we are positioned, hadn't we?

Y'ever see someone in need and you still drive by? Then you just can't get their image out of your head,you swing a U-turn ,go back and ask the person" how can I help,Jesus Loves you" and you do whatever they ask- then you are " at Peace"-

The Will of God cannot be ignored,Christ Abides in us...His Command/ His Law of Loving others is indeed Written on our hearts and there's no denying Him.... If there is that's not good,it just can't be ...or beware of a hardening heart

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.99
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Sanctification: The Lord's Chosen Fast

Isaiah 58:

6 Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’

If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as noonday.

5 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Sanctification: The Lord's Chosen Fast

Isaiah 58:

6 Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’

If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as noonday.

Exod 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Light Bearer said:

Exod 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

A subtle way of suggesting that I stopped too soon? :)

13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/20/2021 at 2:04 AM, Light Bearer said:

One can not be saved by works.

We are Sanctified through the blood of Jesus. A purged conscience, our inner man from dead works; sin, acts that cause death. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

We are sanctified by obedience to the One who purchased us with His own blood.

Hebrews 5:8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” 11 of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.