• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/24/2021 at 5:51 AM, Dennis1209 said:

This is the puzzle I am trying to piece together and distinguish. Jesus said, as in the days of Noe and Lot, before His second coming, people would be marrying and given in marriage. This begs the question: Why did Jesus have to go so far back in history to cite His example and comparison?

I do think you are over analyzing this. We are not going to know more than what has already been revealed in scripture. The rest is pure speculation. What Jesus was homing in on..... is NOT that there would be a change in the way people ate and drank, or how marriage is conducted, but that these things will still be taking place when he returns.

He didn't need to go into the every little minute detail of human activity, to explain that human life (as in going about our business or daily lives) would continue till the end. The disciples understood his meaning without him elaborating ..... people will still be planting, harvesting, eating, drinking, buying, selling, trading, sinning, etc.....right up to the last day.

People were marrying and being given into marriage before the disciples were alive 2,000 years ago... And People have been getting married ever since. And given into marriage since the beginning of mankind. That did NOT change.

Jesus points out that people in Noah's day were still conducting their lives right up to the day the flood came. People were still conducting their lives when God rained down sulfur on the city of Sodom. They made no preparations for the flood or the sudden disaster of Sodom. And people will still be going about their lives right up until the last day,  just like people did in Noah's day. People will still be going about their lives good or bad, when Jesus returns.

I don't think we will fully understand all of end times prophecy, just as Daniel did not, even though he had a good glimpse of the future ahead of him. He was told to live his life so to speak, because the exact day and hour of future events were not going to be known until that day has arrived.

The passage below shows us that these things will continue right up to the hour and moment Jesus returns. And no, it does not have to say that verbatim. But we get the picture being painted.

Revelation 22:11 (CJB)

Whoever keeps acting wickedly, let him go on acting wickedly; whoever is filthy, let him go on being made filthy. “Also, whoever is righteous, let him go on doing what is righteous; and whoever is holy, let him go on being made holy.”

In closing, the point is, that the flood came unexpectedly upon all without warning of the day and hour the flood would begin. God's judgment against Sodom came upon the people unannounced and without warning. They knew nothing about it until it happened. Neither were able to prepare for the sudden disaster. The comparison being made is that Jesus will return unexpectedly and without warning catching people unaware and off guard.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, appy said:

I do think you are over analyzing this. We are not going to know more than what has already been revealed in scripture. The rest is pure speculation. What Jesus was homing in on..... is NOT that there would be a change in the way people ate and drank, or how marriage is conducted, but that these things will still be taking place when he returns.

He didn't need to go into the every little minute detail of human activity, to explain that human life (as in going about our business or daily lives) would continue till the end. The disciples understood his meaning without him elaborating ..... people will still be planting, harvesting, eating, drinking, buying, selling, trading, sinning, etc.....right up to the last day.

People were marrying and being given into marriage before the disciples were alive 2,000 years ago... And People have been getting married ever since. And given into marriage since the beginning of mankind. That did NOT change.

Jesus points out that people in Noah's day were still conducting their lives right up to the day the flood came. People were still conducting their lives when God rained down sulfur on the city of Sodom. They made no preparations for the flood or the sudden disaster of Sodom. And people will still be going about their lives right up until the last day,  just like people did in Noah's day. People will still be going about their lives good or bad, when Jesus returns.

I don't think we will fully understand all of end times prophecy, just as Daniel did not, even though he had a good glimpse of the future ahead of him. He was told to live his life so to speak, because the exact day and hour of future events were not going to be known until that day has arrived.

The passage below shows us that these things will continue right up to the hour and moment Jesus returns. And no, it does not have to say that verbatim. But we get the picture being painted.

Whoever keeps acting wickedly, let him go on acting wickedly; whoever is filthy, let him go on being made filthy. “Also, whoever is righteous, let him go on doing what is righteous; and whoever is holy, let him go on being made holy.”

In closing, the point is, that the flood came unexpectedly upon all without warning of the day and hour the flood would begin. God's judgment against Sodom came upon the people unannounced and without warning. They knew nothing about it until it happened. Neither were able to prepare for the sudden disaster. The comparison being made is that Jesus will return unexpectedly and without warning catching people unaware and off guard.

There are quite a lot of things that we should not ignore. 

When Jesus Christ died on the Cross the people in Jerusalem knew about it, but the people in Samaria and in other cities in Judea and Galilee would not know about that for quite some time.

Till those people got to know that Jesus had died on the Cross, Jesus was still alive to them, he had visited their cities before and they still looked forwards to visit their cities again. 

Later we read that Jesus visited their cities again after his death and his resurrection and his ascension but this time it was in another format.

After the Cross Jesus was with his disciples everywhere they went, he never left them alone. When one of them was in the East Jesus Christ was there, and when the other was in the west Jesus Christ was there the same with the rest of them and the other disciples after them.

Those who were in the East did not have to go to the West to find Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ the same one was in the East and the West and in any other place where his people were and in any other place where his people were not or not gone there yet.

This is to fulfilled the saying that if someone is telling that Jesus is hear or Jesus is there do not follow because they are misleading the people. 

Because after the Glorification of Jesus Christ he is every where with his disciples, where ever they are spread around the globe.

And every where they go  the Holy Spirit goes with them and also goes ahead of them and before  them to prepared the way and make people ready and thirsty about the Gospel of JESUS CHRIST. 

It is like the lighting when it strikes is every where from the East to the West as no one can contain the lightning in one place.  

And so is for the Son of Man when he spoke those things he spoke of how things about his presence will change.

That time the people were saying "Jesus is in Galilee in that city and they went and found him there, if they went to another city they will not find him there, they had to go to the city where he was.

Jesus Christ was telling how things will be ahead after his death on the Cross and his resurrection when he would be Glorified by the Father and the Holy Spirit will come to his believers and on earth. 

That's why he told them it better if I die first then I can be with anyone of you in different places ( he was telling them also that he will separate them in due time and they will follow him (should I write this in Capital Letters ) every where he would lead them in different places and cities all at the same time.

As when the Lightning strikes and his presence is every where and everyone can see it, so it will be in the days ahead after his death during their ministry. 

They will call upon his name from anywhere they are and just like the lighting when it strikes Jesus Christ will be with them all. It will never be in the way it was before the Cross, when to see Jesus someone had to go to where he was.

Now Jesus Christ is coming to everyone one to wherever they are just like the lighting everyone can see him everywhere they are all at the same time and they can also see him within their heart...

As he said that he will come and make his abode in your hearts, speaking to his disciples, so they can expect that to happen and not to be surprised and to all who would believe in him after them. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, appy said:

Good morning appy. I basically agree with your views, but I believe there is more in prophetic scripture to be studied. I believe scripture is multi layered and multi-faceted. 

Quote: I don't think we will fully understand all of end times prophecy, just as Daniel did not, even though he had a good glimpse of the future ahead of him. He was told to live his life so to speak, because the exact day and hour of future events were not going to be known until that day has arrived.

Using your example: True, and that day has arrived, wouldn't you agree? 

Daniel 12:4 (KJV) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

As you correctly surmise, Daniel didn't understand most of what he was inspired to write. It wasn't for him to know, but the generation that witnesses the above.

Are we witnessing the above in our generation? Is Dan. 12:4 only talking about bumper-to-bumper traffic jams, airline travel, the mega computer technological age, artificial intelligence, DNA tampering, and our knowledge now doubling every few weeks, etc.? Or is there more to this verse; such as:

The world is now falling apart at the seams, and going crazy. There is a convergence of everything prophetic, and the seven-year Tribulation seems on the horizon. With everything going on, people are panicking. More than ever, it appears people are looking to the Bible for answers. Would I be incorrect to paraphrase Daniel 12:4 this way also?

Daniel, stop writing about this prophecy, no one will understand it until that time arrives. Many will have questions about what is happening in their generation, and they will be flipping pages in the Bible for answers, and they will find them. Their end time knowledge and understanding will increase

Would I be reading something into this verse?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Would I be reading something into this verse?

Hi,

I don't think so.  I think THE HOLY SPIRIT leads and guides the FINAL GENERATION differently than He has ALL OTHERS because we are facing what no others ever have before and that is GOD casting him to earth. 

Never in the history of mankind has there ever been a time when BEING PREPARED BY the whole gospel armor has EVER been EASIER.  We have the HOLY SPIRIT.  We have communication that is as close to telepathic as will ever be as earthly.  We have ALL the information GOD has given to ALL His servants.  WE have His words in OUR OWN language.  We have the original words simply clicked on with ALL we would ever need to know, again, in our own language.  It is intense how POSSIBLE it is to be TOTALLY PREPARED AND DRESSED WITHOUT A CHINK IN OUR ARMOR to STAND UP FOR GOD.  

What do we say those who want us to REMAIN in the knowledge known from the first century as the only knowledge THERE CAN EVER BE?

Try to mention how Gods words THOUGH the same words written ARE for all generations BUT the Holy Spirit is OPENING OUR EYES to what has never been OPENED BEFORE because it is THE LAST generation and we should be OPEN AND READY for that guiding of the Holy Spirit the ONLY WAY in which WE can receive former and latter rain and we know knowledge is increased.  

Did God open eyes to end time things to those it didn't matter to?  I don't think so. Daniel kinda proves it I think.  Where they were needed to spread the GOOD NEWS and the LOVE OF GOD 

WE NEED to withstand and endure to the end.  SO we need to OPEN ourselves up to the LEADING AND GUIDING OF THE SPIRIT so as we can BE GIVING WHAT IS NEEDED to do just that -  withstand the fiery darts.  God is sending the two witnesses so you can bet the Holy Spirit is going to be working right here on the earth with us during the last days.  

Satan and HIS ANGELS are coming to earth. 
His angels came to earth before. 
There is NO OTHER generation (except the second influx in which the information is less) for LIKE events. 
Fallen angels then, cast down angels coming. 

WHY do women need to keep their heads covered?  Because of the angels.  

ALL THE REST of life has always been the same for all generations so SPECIFICALLY calling out the time of Noah MUST BE THE ANGELS.   

Again, In my opinion...d

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/26/2021 at 8:30 AM, appy said:

I do think you are over analyzing this. We are not going to know more than what has already been revealed in scripture. The rest is pure speculation.

I can't agree with 'what has already been revealed' as being all we will know.  
I personally have found myself when reading over the same scriptures dozens of times before suddenly MY EYES have been opened to something new.  Most likely I had picked up a piece of something needed to unlock it while in study somewhere else.  Only takes a couple hundred times of that happening until ones entire perception about what is going on is truly realized.  And once 'opened', like almost all of them, another mind blowing simplicity is revealed and how it was never seen before HAS to be a miracle.    But all in Gods good timing.

The former and latter rain.  
Building upon the foundation.
Knowledge increased.
Sons and daughters to prophecy
Old men dreaming dreams.  

Look at these last 70 plus years.  There is no way that our knowledge can remain the same as always.  They DIDN'T live long enough to take even 1/2 of it all in.

All I know is the more I am given,  the more I realize I know like nothing.  

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Isaiah 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

Isaiah 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Isaiah 40:6 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:

Isaiah 40:7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 40:9 O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!

Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for Him: behold, His reward is with him, and His work before him.

Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Isaiah 40:12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

Isaiah 40:13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?

Isaiah 40:14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

Isaiah 40:15 Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

When did Satan come from?  What does the scripture reveal?

What took place when INIQUITY was found in that one created the full pattern trusted to cover?  Is there a higher place than actually being God?  WHAT HAPPENED at that point?  NOTHING?  With all God has told us on how He reacts to those who ARE deceived, what has scripture revealed took place at that time.  One third.  One third of Gods people.  An entire 1/3 of all those God had created for HIS PLEASURE.  Do you really think He just demoted him from covering cherub who protects aka king to prince and then said 'here, into the garden with you'?  

d