IGNORED

Thou shalt conceive and bear a son...or not?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

Did Mary conceive or was the Lord 'implanted' in the womb?  And what does that do to Scripture?  

When the angel of the LORD appeared and told the woman this did anyone question what took place?  Or was 'what is written' simply taken as the truth?  

Judges 13:3 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son.

Judges 13:4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

Judges 13:5 For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.

Judges 13:6 Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

Judges 13:7 But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death.

Isaiah 7:13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

Isaiah 7:16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

Could Jesus have NOT been born of Mary's flesh FOR any reason whatsoever once the angel said unto her,

Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God and, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son....

If Mary is not the BIOLOGICAL mother of the Lord,   HOW would/should THE SCRIPTURES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN compared to how they are?

If Mary IS the biological mother of the Lord then How would/should the scriptures have been written compared to how they are? 

Can the truth be found by one of them making other verses void and the other not?  lots of questions there.  

Could the words of God claim 'SON of Man' if he was not  in fact,  THE SON OF ANY (wo) MAN?  And just God implanted in a womb?

Could the word 'conception' be used?

Does being born in 'flesh' even sinful flesh IF ONE HAS NEVER SINNED, make on a sinner or sinful or spotted or with blemish?  

Would being in a flesh that 'had never seen sin' create the lust of our flesh?  If not, how would walking in that flesh be tempting?  How would one receive what was needed to judge?  

Not worried about 'staying on topic' just looking to find Gods truth,  how ever that comes.  So no post is to long, no post contains to much scripture.  If it was posted before elsewhere, please post again, I don't want to say I am being lazy but I am being lazy.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Sounds like you're wishing we had some way to DNA test Jesus to see what's what. That's a modern POV. Does it really matter if Jesus was or was not genetically the son of Mary? Would that knowledge change anything?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Did Mary conceive or was the Lord 'implanted' in the womb?  And what does that do to Scripture?  

When the angel of the LORD appeared and told the woman this did anyone question what took place?  Or was 'what is written' simply taken as the truth?  

Judges 13:3 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son.

Judges 13:4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

Judges 13:5 For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.

Judges 13:6 Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

Judges 13:7 But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death.

Isaiah 7:13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

Isaiah 7:16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

Could Jesus have NOT been born of Mary's flesh FOR any reason whatsoever once the angel said unto her,

Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God and, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son....

If Mary is not the BIOLOGICAL mother of the Lord,   HOW would/should THE SCRIPTURES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN compared to how they are?

If Mary IS the biological mother of the Lord then How would/should the scriptures have been written compared to how they are? 

Can the truth be found by one of them making other verses void and the other not?  lots of questions there.  

Could the words of God claim 'SON of Man' if he was not  in fact,  THE SON OF ANY (wo) MAN?  And just God implanted in a womb?

Could the word 'conception' be used?

Does being born in 'flesh' even sinful flesh IF ONE HAS NEVER SINNED, make on a sinner or sinful or spotted or with blemish?  

Would being in a flesh that 'had never seen sin' create the lust of our flesh?  If not, how would walking in that flesh be tempting?  How would one receive what was needed to judge?  

Not worried about 'staying on topic' just looking to find Gods truth,  how ever that comes.  So no post is to long, no post contains to much scripture.  If it was posted before elsewhere, please post again, I don't want to say I am being lazy but I am being lazy.

Jesus Christ was conceived by God. 

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Jesus Christ was conceived by God. 

Absolutely, He is the Father.  

10 minutes ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Sounds like you're wishing we had some way to DNA test Jesus to see what's what. That's a modern POV. Does it really matter if Jesus was or was not genetically the son of Mary? Would that knowledge change anything?

Yes, how Scripture was written.

• This is Worthy 1

52 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Yes, how Scripture was written.

How so?

It  never occurred to me that you were yelling at me. :)

Regarding Mary, I am certain we can declare her mother of Jesus in all ways: she conceived him, she bore him, and she raised him. Joseph is another matter. It seems reasonable to say Joseph is the adopted father of Jesus. He raised him. He loved him, but he is not the genetic father, that is unless God took Joseph's genetics and miraculously implanted that in Mary while she was still a virgin. 

Edited by LearningToLetGo
Corrected name of Jesus' father.
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

11 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

If Jesus didn't walk in the SAME FLESH AS US, then HE COULD NOT KNOW the same temptations and lust of the flesh as us.  If He doesn't do that then what's the accomplishment  in not sinning or being tempted?  What happens to ALL THOSE VERSES that state He was?

Amen

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1