• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Sorry if I sound bitter but the world needs to make their aid made known publically.

The United States has always stepped up to the plate to help the world.

The tsunami, starvation all over the world, earthquakes, aids etc. We send aid and volunteers everywhere to help but WHERE is our help now? I hear blame from Germany that the hurricane was Bush's fault for his failure to sign the kyoto papers. Ridiculous!

Stop criticizing America and be grateful that we are always there to help. Regardless of whether or not these ungrateful self serving countries do anything to help US!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

Should we be so surprised that there has been no real efforts from other nations to ask the US if we need assistance?

France, Germany, where are you?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

We get criticized for not giving enough money even after we give more than any other country in the world!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

The army core of engineers knew those two Levey's were weak and the money for strengthening them was allotted by congress a year or two ago. It is my understanding that the money was not spent and was used for the war in Iraq and Homeland Security.

I'd like to hear the source for this because I've only heard it from rabid liberals who are anxious to blame everything, including the hurricane itself, on George W. Bush. (or, what he stands for, which is the real place they put their hatred)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

actually people are rallying to help you guys from all over the world ,my country is a very small one but even we are donating.you guys may not know it but you are getting help from all over the place,its just that other countries do not publish our donating as much as you guys do, but you guys have helped the world alot,dont you think you're gonna get help in return?  :noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank-you for posting this!

Many of you are saying that this is punishment from the Lord, and I am still not convinced of this.  Most of the damage in New Orleans came from the two Levey's that have broken and that is mainly the result of stupidity.

Hey!

No thread hijacking!!!! :noidea::noidea:

Politics . . . gotta love it! :noidea:

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Title of topic: Q:

"Where is the aid?"

A: In George Bush's pocket.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

And of course, some big-wig in Kuwait says it is Allah's punishment on the U.S.. (We pulled their fat out of the fire because..........?)

Actually today the extreme militant homosexuals were to be having a bizarre and lewd celebration of their most vile depravity in New Orleans; an annual event praised by the last three mayors. Guess that won't happen! In retrospect, maybe that Kuwaiti guy is on to something.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

At this point, I don't think money or additional humanitarian aid is an answer any more. They are showing corpses holding letters for their family on the news in and around the area where people are waiting on help.

The news said Bush is very angry over what I guess is our government's seemingly inability to cope with the massive need there right now. I think he needs to start passing some executive orders and have the marines/army/navy/anybody they can draft to come in and start commendering anything and everything they need from surrounding areas to get people out of there.

If I had the money right now, I'd drive down there myself despite the high gas prices in our area. I thought about calling around and seeing if we couldn't get some kind of convoy going out of our city.

I'm starting to grow very tired of watching people die on tv who are just 600 miles away while it seems that no matter how many non-profit organizations and government aid is heading there, it's simply not enough.

The university in our town has their initial football game for the year that brings in over 100,000 people and is having everyone bring in a dollar for donations which is awsome....but that money won't do anybody still traped in the new orleans area any good if they're all dead by the time they see anything from it.

Guess I'll watch the Presidents speech this morning and see what he says before I do something drastic...like start calling people and see if we can't collectively organize some sort of action. I know I can't sit here in good concience through labor day weekend with this stuff going on.