IGNORED

Why is it so difficult to see a true conversion?

Leonardo Von

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Why is it so difficult to see a true conversion? Where are believers in Christ full of gritty like Paul?

I was mulling over on how easy we get angry and lash out at someone, being that, in the New Testament, people was more sternly told off (Galatians 2.14) or even belabored or beaten up (Acts 5.40,41; 16.23,24) and they didn’t hold a grudge against anyone, nor denied Jesus Christ.

And what about the gospel that we preach today? A selfish gospel, trying to pamper the sinner and promise prosperity in this world apart from repentance and conversion. Lamentably, many times we are making the same mistake that the Pharisees:

•    Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you compass sea and the dry land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, *you make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves*.” (Matthew 23.15).

We are heartening people to go to Christ in order to have sorted out the problems which were ensued by their sin. Compare with the gospel preached by Peter:

•    “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God made this same Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” (Acts 2.36).

Although many people rule out this preaching, those who truly belonged to Jesus allowed this word to ingrain in them (see Acts 2.37) e become fervent believers:

•    “But I desire that you should understand, brothers, that the things which happened to me have fallen out rather to the furtherance of the gospel; so that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places.  And most of the brothers in the Lord, *becoming confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the Word without fear*.” (Philippians 1.12-14).

Observe how the bonds of Paul encouraged the brethren to preach the gospel more confidently and boldness. Even at stake of being whacked, they preached without giving up the truth. And the outcome is the generating of faithful believers who fight for the nobility of the Creator's Kingdom.

I was to write about other subject, but I felt the necessity of cheering myself and everyone that reads this message so that we seek out in Jesus walk in novelty of life (Romans 6.7), moved by the power of Jesus (1Corinthians 2.4,5; 4.19,20), contemplating the heavenly regions (Ephesians 1.3; 2.6; 2Peter 1.3) above the mediocrity of the earthly life.

Have a sweet weekend pondering about this.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Leonardo Von said:

Why is it so difficult to see a true conversion? Where are believers in Christ full of gritty like Paul?

I was mulling over on how easy we get angry and lash out at someone, being that, in the New Testament, people was more sternly told off (Galatians 2.14) or even belabored or beaten up (Acts 5.40,41; 16.23,24) and they didn’t hold a grudge against anyone, nor denied Jesus Christ.

And what about the gospel that we preach today? A selfish gospel, trying to pamper the sinner and promise prosperity in this world apart from repentance and conversion. Lamentably, many times we are making the same mistake that the Pharisees:

•    Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you compass sea and the dry land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, *you make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves*.” (Matthew 23.15).

We are heartening people to go to Christ in order to have sorted out the problems which were ensued by their sin. Compare with the gospel preached by Peter:

•    “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God made this same Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” (Acts 2.36).

Although many people rule out this preaching, those who truly belonged to Jesus allowed this word to ingrain in them (see Acts 2.37) e become fervent believers:

•    “But I desire that you should understand, brothers, that the things which happened to me have fallen out rather to the furtherance of the gospel; so that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places.  And most of the brothers in the Lord, *becoming confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the Word without fear*.” (Philippians 1.12-14).

Observe how the bonds of Paul encouraged the brethren to preach the gospel more confidently and boldness. Even at stake of being whacked, they preached without giving up the truth. And the outcome is the generating of faithful believers who fight for the nobility of the Creator's Kingdom.

I was to write about other subject, but I felt the necessity of cheering myself and everyone that reads this message so that we seek out in Jesus walk in novelty of life (Romans 6.7), moved by the power of Jesus (1Corinthians 2.4,5; 4.19,20), contemplating the heavenly regions (Ephesians 1.3; 2.6; 2Peter 1.3) above the mediocrity of the earthly life.

Have a sweet weekend pondering about this.

" wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove"

I do not recall much or any Hellfire and brimstone as I came to the knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At a funeral my wife and I heard an old Baptist preacher say to us sitting in the pews that we must be born again we must be saved. That one seed brought light into my heart and mind and many many questions later, the light of the Gospel. When I try to sow the seeds of the good news, I do not condemn the person I'm witnessing to, but I try to draw them to the truth, how I was lost and then I was saved. And I never push for a decision, for fear of creating a lost Pew sitter. I push for them to read the Bible that I give them, and allow God to speak to them through it. I can save nobody, only share the seeds of life. I do pray for boldness, but mostly ask the holy spirit for words. I do not examine the soil upon which I sow the seed, hoping one seed at least will fall upon the good soil.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, it does seem hard to see a true conversion at times. So many professing christians live just like everyone else in the world. I pray God will open our eyes, reveal if we are unsaved or backsliden. May we have more faith, boldness, and dedication, drawing others to Christ instead of away from Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Matthew 7:16

You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/9/2021 at 12:30 PM, Leonardo Von said:

Perhaps you need to get out more.

Still happening in Pentecostal churches.