Practical answers to my anxiety

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

In myself I have peace with God.  I love God, I love His Son, Jesus.  I love His word and love to meditate on it.  My problem is that I allow other people’s bad behavior to affect me.  For example:  I have a Doctors appointment on Monday.  I already have white coat syndrome and have high blood pressure when I go to the doctor.  My work is a very negative place.  The lady that is in my department said she was taking the date 11/12 off so I felt ok about coming in late because of my doctors appointment.  She knew about my doctors appointment.  We have to write our time off on a white board.  She then tells me she is taking off 11/9-11/15.  I showed her the white board where our time off is shown and she shrugged her shoulders and said “The boss is going to be mad but it doesn’t matter to me.”  The boss will get mad at me because I will be the one there.  Which is no big deal, it just adds to my anxiety.  I know that this is satan’s work and no one else’s.  I so want to get rid of this issue.  Any practical advice?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Blue Lulu said:

Any practical advice?

Point out two things,

You booked your time off first.

That who ever approved her leave should have checked that there would be enough staff in the dept.

It is not your problem, it is who ever approved her leaves problem.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

You are in the right

you followed protocol and don’t let those spirits worry you

Pray that there will be understanding and don’t throw her under the bus either, just go about your day everything will be fine

in this time of the great resignation jobs are grateful to have people actually showing up to work

you will be fine

SHALOM❤️

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  6,888
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Even in these small situations, when you get through them, be sure to thank God for bringing you through. Build this habit of praising him even for these small helps and victories, and over time you may take the edge off of the anxiety by remembering those times, and it may help you to get through them better.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you all for your kind responses.  The Lord has spoken to my heart regarding this situation.  His first words were “come speak to me about your problems”.  1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care on Him, for He cares for you.  Also Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.  He also spoke to me about worrying about things that have not even happened and may not happen and what a waste of time that is.  Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about it’s own things. Sufficient for the day is it’s own trouble. Matthew 6:27 Who by worrying can add a single day to your life.  The Lord’s word is an amazing gift.

• Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Practical answers to my anxiety

• Php 4:6,7 -> "In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.".