• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1984

I don't know where else to put this at this time. 

I am requesting permission to post youtube videos as educational aid, as I see fit. 

I may have done so about a year and a half ago, or longer, and had no problems.  I was flirting with something, and not trying too push to hard back then. 

I am requesting your permission to post Youtube videos, as education aids, towards whatever I feel compelled to post. 

Edited by Manonfire63

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

As one of those tasked with moderating the videos, I can tell you that you may post youtube videos as an educational aid, as long as they fit our requirements. Not sure what "as I see fit means" but we determine if it is fit or not. Videos are only to be posted in the video area, and they should fit into one of the topics created for videos. When a video is posted it was watched by one of our ministry team, and if suitable and valuable, and especially harmless, it will be approved and made publicly visible. generally. 

We are just volunteers, with real lives outside of Worthy, so if can take a while before someone can get around to the approval. Because of the time we have to spend previewing the videos, and the other things that we do on the forums, we ask there the videos be less than ten minutes in length, certainly less that twenty minutes. There are some videos here which are longer, but the chances of long videos being approved are minimal. 

Also be aware, that per the terms of service, and to be in compliance with U.S. law (where this site is hosted), copyrighted material cannot be posted without the permission of the owner of the  copyrighted material. Material is copyrighted, not when it is registered with to government, but at the time of it's creation, it is automatically copyrighted under the law.

The fact that other people have posted videos on other sites (like Youtube for example), does not mean that material is may be freely republished. If you want to submit a video for our video sections threads here are Worthy, be sure that you have the permission of the copyright owner BEFORE you submit a video. It is not the job of the staff of Worthy to do this, it is your responsibility to obtain permission.

Republishing of copyrighted material, with out the permission of the copyright owner, is a felony, subject to fine and imprisonment under U.S. law. Most other countries have similar law, but this is a U.S. site, and as Christians, we want to be subject to the authorities.

Romans 13:1
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

You may feel compelled to post things, just be aware that we may feel compelled to not allow their publication on this website. Content should also be restricted by keeping in mind that it should be non-offensive, family friendly, etc.

I hope this information was helpful.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like to post short five minute videos about Philosophy things, maybe, as they pertain to the Bible. 

Given I was posting a song......I would like to post a song towards someone has ears to hear and eyes to see. 

How do you feel about Bad Company?  Band Company Corrupts good character. Did you perceive Bad Company as 1 Corinthians 15:33, or Bad Company like the band or the song? 

To be engaging in spiritual warfare, there may be some funky things going on.  There were a lot of weirdo thing to begin with.  I would like your permission to continue. 

Examples: 

It was 2013 or so, in the Summer, and I was listening to Johnny Cash "When The Man Comes Around. "  There is a good Bible Study to be done there.  Do you understand the words? 

Johnny Cash “The_Man_Comes Around

And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder:
One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see."
And I saw.
And behold, a white horse.

There's a man goin' 'round takin' names.
An' he decides who to free and who to blame.
Everybody won't be treated all the same.
There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.

When the man comes around.
The hairs on your arm will stand up.
At the terror in each sip and in each sup.
Will you partake of that last offered cup,
Or disappear into the potter's ground.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers.
One hundred million angels singin'.
Multitudes are marching to the big kettle drum.
Voices callin', voices cryin'.
Some are born an' some are dyin'.
It's Alpha and Omega's Kingdom come.
And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
The virgins are all trimming their wicks.

The whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Till Armageddon, no Shalam, no Shalom.
Then the father hen will call his chickens home.
The wise men will bow down before the throne.
And at his feet they'll cast their golden crowns.

Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still.
Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still.
Whoever is filthy, let him be filthy still.
Listen to the words long written down,

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers.
One hundred million angels singin'.
Multitudes are marchin' to the big kettle drum.
Voices callin', voices cryin'.
Some are born an' some are dyin'.
It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.

And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
The virgins are all trimming their wicks.
The whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
In measured hundredweight and penny pound.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
And Hell followed with him.

What is a White Horse? A White Horse would be a conqueror. I saw that White Horse could be taken to be Male Thumos. Article: Thumos and Holy Fire. God has a righteous Anger. It burns. Someone full of God's Spirit may be able to feel his anger. A White Horse is a conqueror. When you were a child, and in school, did you ever see a boy who had to be first at everything? That is Thumos. He wants to win and be first. Your body is a temple. Jesus lives inside of you. Someone with God's Spirit learns to tune his thumos through trials. (James 1:2-4) The little boy that had to be first at everything learns patience and how to compete and play well with others. He reigns in his Thumos and learns how to apply it well with God.

Is someone a Dark Horse Katy Perry or more of a White Horse like King David, Jesus Christ, or Apostle Paul?

Who is The Man? The Man Coming Around would be Jesus? Jesus Christ is the Man. (1 Timothy 2:5) Jesus is in heaven. How could Jesus be on the Earth walking around? Your Body is a Temple. Jesus lives inside of you. Could The Man be a Prophetic character who serves Jesus Christ; a Bond Servant of Christ?

• Or disappear into the potter's ground.

"Or disappear into the potter's ground" is a really savage lyric. Judas hung himself in the Potter's Ground after betraying Jesus Christ. Given The Man Comes Around, some people who have been working against Jesus Christ and God's Kingdom may recognize their betrayal and wish to kill themselves?

• It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Mankind is like God's Vineyard. There are a lot of allegories or Metaphors in the Bible for farming. In Luke 20:9-19, Mankind is like God's Vineyard.

The part of the plow, the part that touches the ground and turns up earth, is the pricks or the goad. A farmer plows often in straight lines. It is hard to kick against the pricks. Jesus Christ is a farmer. During his ministry on Earth, he was sowing seeds. He planted seeds and it took some time for them to grow and mature. Someone working against Jesus Christ would be trying to kick against the pricks? Saul on his way to Damascus is confronted by Christ. "'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'" (Acts 26:14)

That is what I have for now. I found breaking down the song, and working to understand the lyrics to be a fun Bible Study. It also helped bring me closer to God and mature in understanding of God and Spiritual things.

Edited by Manonfire63

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

Just my two pennies, but I have found that secular music often twists scripture into vile things that don't in any way shape or form resemble the original intent. I know for example, artists like John Mellencamp and Jon BonJovi used a lot of scriptural references, but also elude to some pretty un-scriptural things in the same song. The song you referenced by Johnny Cash does reference scriptures but as far as I'm concerned, it syncretism. He also sings a song "God's Gonna Cut You Down".  Marylin Manson also sang this song. So if one were to look up the song, it would also lead to this unholy mess. And BAM! You have made your brother fall! Secular music should not be used to worship YHWH. By the same token, it should not be used to teach Bible Study. These things are of the world and we are not to be part of the world. There are plenty of Christian songs that can be used for this purpose if you search for them.

Edited by Bawb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

15 hours ago, Manonfire63 said:

Examples: 

It was 2013 or so, in the Summer, and I was listening to Johnny Cash "When The Man Comes Around. "  There is a good Bible Study to be done there.  Do you understand the words? 

Johnny Cash “The_Man_Comes Around

What is a White Horse? A White Horse would be a conqueror. I saw that White Horse could be taken to be Male Thumos. Article: Thumos and Holy Fire. God has a righteous Anger. It burns. Someone full of God's Spirit may be able to feel his anger. A White Horse is a conqueror. When you were a child, and in school, did you ever see a boy who had to be first at everything? That is Thumos. He wants to win and be first. Your body is a temple. Jesus lives inside of you. Someone with God's Spirit learns to tune his thumos through trials. (James 1:2-4) The little boy that had to be first at everything learns patience and how to compete and play well with others. He reigns in his Thumos and learns how to apply it well with God.

Is someone a Dark Horse Katy Perry or more of a White Horse like King David, Jesus Christ, or Apostle Paul?

Who is The Man? The Man Coming Around would be Jesus? Jesus Christ is the Man. (1 Timothy 2:5) Jesus is in heaven. How could Jesus be on the Earth walking around? Your Body is a Temple. Jesus lives inside of you. Could The Man be a Prophetic character who serves Jesus Christ; a Bond Servant of Christ?

• Or disappear into the potter's ground.

"Or disappear into the potter's ground" is a really savage lyric. Judas hung himself in the Potter's Ground after betraying Jesus Christ. Given The Man Comes Around, some people who have been working against Jesus Christ and God's Kingdom may recognize their betrayal and wish to kill themselves?

• It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Mankind is like God's Vineyard. There are a lot of allegories or Metaphors in the Bible for farming. In Luke 20:9-19, Mankind is like God's Vineyard.

The part of the plow, the part that touches the ground and turns up earth, is the pricks or the goad. A farmer plows often in straight lines. It is hard to kick against the pricks. Jesus Christ is a farmer. During his ministry on Earth, he was sowing seeds. He planted seeds and it took some time for them to grow and mature. Someone working against Jesus Christ would be trying to kick against the pricks? Saul on his way to Damascus is confronted by Christ. "'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'" (Acts 26:14)

That is what I have for now. I found breaking down the song, and working to understand the lyrics to be a fun Bible Study. It also helped bring me closer to God and mature in understanding of God and Spiritual things.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. You would be better off simply studying scripture rather than looking for 'hidden' meaning in secular songs. That sort of thing is not appropriate here at this forum. If you want to discuss scriptural topics then go ahead and do so in the appropriate areas. As Omega suggested, we simply dont have the time to view additional videos of questionable nature.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

40 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Try this book instead: "When the Man Comes Around." :D