• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,608
  • Content Per Day:  3.90
  • Days Won:  21

10 hours ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

The Amazing things we learn from reading the Torah/Tanakh!!

Singular or plural. In Hebrew it is the same word. Context is king.

"..in the midst of the elohim.."  You cannot be in the midst of one.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  783
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,969
  • Content Per Day:  3.02
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, Justin Adams said:

the first verse hit me like a bolt of lightning:

The God of Israel isn’t part of a group of idols. But I couldn’t picture him running around with other real gods,

Imho what hit you like lightning is your own accusation that the verse written by David showed there are many Gods.

Psalm 82:1 God/Elohim standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods/elohim

That verse written by David doesnt mean that David saw there are many Elohim in heaven equal to Yahwe, but that means God as the judge to other "elohim".

Because David wrote that Yahwe is above other "elohim".

Psalm 95:3  For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

https://biblehub.com/text/psalms/95-3.htm

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Singular or plural. In Hebrew it is the same word. Context is king.

"..in the midst of the elohim.."  You cannot be in the midst of one.

But this is a different form of god, not the God, but god(s), like a Council Designed by the GOD for His Purpose.

17 minutes ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

But this is a different form of god, not the God, but god(s), like a Council Designed by the GOD for His Purpose.

Exactly. "In the midst of the gods Elohim (the God of all gods) passes judgement". That is what psalm 82 is all about.
It is a Divine Council scenario.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Psalm 82:1 God/Elohim standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods/elohim

Poor translation.

He stands in the midst of His Heavenly Host (or gods little 'g'). He is displeased at how they did not cause the nations (Deut 32) to do good as he had commanded them after He disowned the Babel people. He scattered Babel under the auspices of those lesser gods and He pronounced judgement when they disobeyed and said, 'ye shall all die like men and fall like any prince'.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

God's advice to Moses (via Jethro):

Exodus 18:21-22

English Standard Version

21 Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe, and place such men over the people as chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties, and of tens. 22 And let them judge the people at all times. Every great matter they shall bring to you, but any small matter they shall decide themselves. So it will be easier for you, and they will bear the burden with you.

Is there any reason why God wouldn't follow his own advice?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Is there any reason why God wouldn't follow his own advice

These are earthen things and not heavenly - if that is what you mean?

There is physical (earthen) and spiritual - heavenly. The heavens subsume all others but man, in the 'Image of God' has its own realm of determinism.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

These are earthen things and not heavenly - if that is what you mean?

No. I meant simply that since Moses was advised to build a "management structure" with him at the top and to delegate lesser tasks to those under him in that structure, would it not also make sense for God to also build such a structure? If God did build such a structure, what would it look like? 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, LearningToLetGo said:

No. I meant simply that since Moses was advised to build a "management structure" with him at the top and to delegate lesser tasks to those under him in that structure, would it not also make sense for God to also build such a structure? If God did build such a structure, what would it look like? 

As we are made in His Image, it is a fair assumption that like Him we have councils to decide stuff. The Divine Council is all thru the scriptures in many forms. Read about the Divine Council if you will. Unlike God's council, ours depend on cooperation. God's Council is there because He wants others to enjoin Him in decisions and the carrying out of tasks. He does not 'need' other council members but He likes it that way. Thus we share in the running of the Cosmos and when the end occurs and Eden is again established, that is what we shall do for all eternity. He has carved out a place for every last one of us to enjoy ruling and reigning with Him for ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  9.52
  • Days Won:  149

I agree Justin.

I arrived at the same conclusions as you coming from another angle. I looked at historical findings of ancient peoples who were far beyond the building technology we have even today. I never bought into the ancient astronaut theory or ancient aliens, yet here were these huge structures made to ultra tight tolerances. We had true to life carvings in stone and writings that indicated something unusual had happened in these cultures. For me, a very feasible answer was direct involvement by the Elohim. They had territories. They were charged with governing them. Most believe this was only the spiritual realm. I think it highly likely there was a breach of dimensions. 

This all lines up with there being a heavenly host charged with responsibilities who failed the Lord in their duties. 

What to we do with this? I think it's helpful to know some of what did happen. Some of what can happen. When we might see certain things happening we will know what the source of it is.

I read Hieser's book. I was convinced long before that because even with my lack of Hebrew language training I picked up on those same Psalms. I can't say for sure that everything he says in that book is the way all of it really is, but I think he has probably documented as thorough a study as any on the subject.

I don't believe it in any way waters down what God is or who God is. It merely shows there are holes many of us have never been down in knowing things are much more complicated on the other side than we might have assumed. We are the late comers compared to them.

• Thumbs Up 1