Babbler

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

All my life I've tried to understand the name Christ. A couple of Historian I ran across said the name came from Macedonia. But they didn't know what it meant. I thought they were pretty bad historians. Eventually I found the truth. Messiah is Hebrew. Translated to English "the anointed one". Translated to Greek "Christos". Who abbreviated Christos to Christ? I'm guessing the Catholic Church. And in actuality the name The Anointed One fits prophecy. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Yes, from Greek to Latin Christus, from Latin Old English Crīst,  then in more recent English Christ.

Yes, it does just mean anointed one, anointing meaning (basically) to pour oil on the head. This was done ceremonially to prophets, priests, and kings, of which Jesus is all three!

I am surprised though Babbler, that this took you all your life, it is not like it has been kept secret, you should have asked ;) .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

The name Christ came from the spiritual word CHRISM, which is also an anointing ceremony performed in this world by religious leaders.

Since Christ exists in Eternity, the word originates in the Spiritual things of the Holy Spirits. Christ received His Chrism from the Perfect Father and was given the authority and power over all things. He received the CHRISM as the only one anointed with the things of the Father, thus He became the Author and Finisher of all things. The CHRISM of CHRIST is a spiritual anointing and it is copied here in our world. That is my understanding. 

Peace to you in Christ, M.