Fading away from God’s Word

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,576
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Be filled with the Holy spirit.  Being filled with God's spirit needs to happen everyday. We never lose the Holy spirit but we can be empty. When we are filled with God's spirit the word will be very alive. Jesus said to ask for the Holy Spirit. Pray for him to fill you with his spirit and believe it true. God's word is spirit and you have to be filled with the holy spirit to be filled with the word of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 12/14/2021 at 10:04 AM, Tyler22 said:

First off, I am NOT looking for condemnation here, or something telling me to just push through it.  I feel like I’m fading away from God’s Word.  Not the amount of time I spend with it, but I just feel really shallow.  Like it doesn’t  fulfill me like I think it used to.  It just feels….  Like I’m hollow.  Like it’s not getting deeply rooted in me.  BUT, at the same time, I feel it is.  So I’m bound to ask, is God’s Word deeply rooted in me or not?  And if it is, why do I just feel so hollow…. So utterly , almost to the point where it feels sinful… unfulfilled in my devotion to it lately?

Simple answer.

You know there is more than you have known already and your spirit is longing for it. Press on. Shalom.

Phillipians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Romans 8:[22] For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
[23] And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
[24] For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
[25] But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, Willa said:

I used to figure that when the word dried up it was time for me to put into practice what I did know, or what God had already revealed to me.  He never let me get by with filling myself with "head knowledge" but forced me to make it truly my own by being a doer of the word.  

Then I would pray and ask God what He was trying to teach me in this trial.  Sometimes He was humbling me.  I always figured that God used the trials to keep me saved, keep my heart tender and teachable.  Still, few were harder for me to endure than the type you describe.   It was the not knowing why--if I had sinned, or what He was trying to tell me.  But then this would make me seek His face more diligently and "press in".  Eventually I discovered that He wants my fellowship most of all.  

Amen, Willa. It's the relationship he desires. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/14/2021 at 10:04 AM, Tyler22 said:

First off, I am NOT looking for condemnation here, or something telling me to just push through it.  I feel like I’m fading away from God’s Word.  Not the amount of time I spend with it, but I just feel really shallow.  Like it doesn’t  fulfill me like I think it used to.  It just feels….  Like I’m hollow.  Like it’s not getting deeply rooted in me.  BUT, at the same time, I feel it is.  So I’m bound to ask, is God’s Word deeply rooted in me or not?  And if it is, why do I just feel so hollow…. So utterly , almost to the point where it feels sinful… unfulfilled in my devotion to it lately?

Why do you feel so hollow? Maybe that is a question you should ask God.