Fading away from God’s Word

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

First off, I am NOT looking for condemnation here, or something telling me to just push through it.  I feel like I’m fading away from God’s Word.  Not the amount of time I spend with it, but I just feel really shallow.  Like it doesn’t  fulfill me like I think it used to.  It just feels….  Like I’m hollow.  Like it’s not getting deeply rooted in me.  BUT, at the same time, I feel it is.  So I’m bound to ask, is God’s Word deeply rooted in me or not?  And if it is, why do I just feel so hollow…. So utterly , almost to the point where it feels sinful… unfulfilled in my devotion to it lately?

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Sometimes the best way to comfort someone is just to sit and not say anything to let you know you aren’t alone

im praying that you find zeal again, I go through peaks and valleys in my own walk I try to over saturate myself till I overflow I won’t tell you to push through if that’s not what you want to hear

i will just tell you that my own experience has been to fill myself till I overflow, the Spirit will find something in the word to latch onto and then my valley becomes out of sight out of mind and I find a renewal comes forward

my Guide has me at this time focusing on the prophets major and minor 

connecting dots in a biblical sense

You aren’t alone Brother and seek prayer in the prayer request section so others can help pray it up for you

Never underestimate nor feel you are burdening anyone by prayer requests, we as believers are here to lift you up in times of need ?

it’s what we do

SHALOM❤️

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,966
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

First off, I am NOT looking for condemnation here, or something telling me to just push through it.  I feel like I’m fading away from God’s Word.  Not the amount of time I spend with it, but I just feel really shallow.  Like it doesn’t  fulfill me like I think it used to.  It just feels….  Like I’m hollow.  Like it’s not getting deeply rooted in me.  BUT, at the same time, I feel it is.  So I’m bound to ask, is God’s Word deeply rooted in me or not?  And if it is, why do I just feel so hollow…. So utterly , almost to the point where it feels sinful… unfulfilled in my devotion to it lately?

It's a test.

Call it the desert of discipline at this stage. Satan and his horde will do anything they can to stop you from flourishing in your spiritual walk, and God allows us to be tested in this way to help us grow in grace.

When we find ourselves in the wilderness, wasteplaces, and desert we should not fall for the tricks of Satan telling us we have been abandoned and forsaken but rather we should rejoice and praise the LORD and speak forth His truth, which is what Habakkuk did when God disciplined Israel and required them to endure many deprivations :

Hab 3:17-19  

• Though the fig tree may not blossom,
  • Nor fruit be on the vines;
  • Though the labor of the olive may fail,
  • And the fields yield no food;
  • Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
  • And there be no herd in the stalls—  (18)  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  (19)  The LORD God is my strength;
  • He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills. To the Chief Musician. With my stringed instruments.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Both of these answers are great advice when we are in these difficult situations.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  6,879
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It will wax and wane over the course of your life. Continue on, while praying to God to restore your hunger and joy for and in his Word. I would also discuss it with a trusted pastor or elder at your church.

Praying for God to restore you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

If you're asking this question at all it means your heart is in the right place. Like BK1110 said there's a certain waxing and waning that's normal, but if you feel convicted to do more in some fashion consider it. Examine yourself and consider whether or not you're where God might want to be, not just in your prayer and study life but also in general. Study is good, but ask yourself this: Are you putting what you learn into practice in your life? James 1:22-25 tells us to not just hear God's Word but to do it as well, which is a sentiment I find very similar to what's said about faith without works being dead.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

19 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

Sometimes a little conflict will wake your faith. For example, go to the Atheist annotated Bible online and see how insane their "contradictions" are. :)

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 12/14/2021 at 10:04 AM, Tyler22 said:

Are you following the Lord's rules?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/14/2021 at 12:04 PM, Tyler22 said:

I was blessed with a very old pastor when I was young. Some of the things he told me really helped me. Considering I'm a over achiever. And in hind sight it was good advise.

One important thing was. if I was studying and praying all the time how would I ever be quite enough to just spend time with God and listen for his voice?

Second thing he told me is.  We are a bit like trees. We have times when we are loaded with growth and leaves. Times we have so much fruit our branches feel like breaking and times there is no signs of life but our roots are stretching out in the darkness to stabilize us.

Third thing he said is read less, memorize and proclaim a verse for a week. meditate on it on it. Let the Holy Spirit teach you about it for the week.

Alot of people might say that's pretty low standards. But by the time I reached 30 I had memorized most the new testiment, psalms, proverbs, Isaiah and Jeremiah and the Holy Spirt had a lot to work with when I questioned things.

MOST IMPORTANT. Know Jesus is the one saving you. Don't waist your time trying to earn something you have already been given. Its like a new bike you just have to learn to ride it. You'll have falls, and thats ok. You learn from them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I used to figure that when the word dried up it was time for me to put into practice what I did know, or what God had already revealed to me.  He never let me get by with filling myself with "head knowledge" but forced me to make it truly my own by being a doer of the word.  

Then I would pray and ask God what He was trying to teach me in this trial.  Sometimes He was humbling me.  I always figured that God used the trials to keep me saved, keep my heart tender and teachable.  Still, few were harder for me to endure than the type you describe.   It was the not knowing why--if I had sinned, or what He was trying to tell me.  But then this would make me seek His face more diligently and "press in".  Eventually I discovered that He wants my fellowship most of all.  

• Loved it! 1