• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Paul told Timothy not to neglect the gift he was given, and later instructed him to stir it up.

Obviously stewardship of gifts is important. I won't labour the point but I know people who have moved in the gifts of the Spirit for a season as required by the Lord and then He has instructed them to rest from their engagement.

Evan Roberts and the Welsh Revival is an example of the anointed season of spiritual fruit being followed by spiritual rest and reflection.

This is interesting, but we should know more of the context to be in a position to better understand and not to be left with our own thoughts.

But I understand the comment you made "the season of the anointing".

If that it is what you call it I am not going to say anything against it but some examples can make "the season of the anointing" better understood...

You did not meant to say that the anointing was uplifted altogether...I understand that a period of rest it does mean a period of rest...and if we know how the power was manifested in the rest of their ministry and in their church...even that it cannot be used to stereotype...

I do not think it is fair for other people to try and explain their situation, because each situation is different from any other in the heart of the context even though they may have similarities..

They had the communion with the Holy Spirit and only they would be in a better position to talk about it..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

I'll just jump in here and make some quasi-random observations.  So we're talking about gifts and talents and I also saw mention of anointing. Anointing is easy to define as we born-again believers all have this inner "painting" or speaking as per 1 John 2:27. This inner teaching instructs us regarding abiding (remaining) in Him, and speaks guiding and teaching things to us to help us in our relationship with God.

Spiritual gifts also seems easy to define as we didn't have them by natural birth, and then the Lord gives them to us.  It is something we know we didn't have an ability in before, and then we receive a gift.

The natural inclinations and strengths are something, at least to me, that are a little confusing maybe.  But people usually gravitate towards something they have a natural talent/strength in.  That is, when doing a particular thing, it just seems to flow for the person who has that natural ability.  Time slips easily by as one using their strength just gets "into the zone."

Now the OP @Starise asked the question about differentiating between these (which I've attempted to do above) and also asked what should be done with natural strengths/talents - is that correct?  I've read things that say we should shun using natural talents as they need to be crucified, but I think one could drive themselves a little batty with that!  (If I remember, Watchman Nee talked about this in "The Release of the spirit") 

For instance, I have a natural inclination toward understanding electromechanical things.  If something of this ilk breaks on the church property, should I hold myself back from taking care of it?  The brothers would think I'd gone off the deep end!  And I don't think the inner anointing would be pleased either, but that's just my take . . .

Interesting topic!

Edited by Vine Abider
Clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 1/27/2022 at 12:20 PM, Starise said:

People who had an inclination to certain strengths before they were saved will carry those same things over into their saved lives.

If God uses these abilities for His kingdom I don't think we can necessarily say these are spiritual gifts. A person who is a wonderful host will continue to be a wonderful host. Possibly those gifts will be redirected to something else more edifying.

If a spiritual gift is something we get AFTER we are saved clearly it's a new addition. 

When a gift is given from the Lord the intended purpose is to glorify Him and edify His people in some way. A gift is never to be directed inward. Gifts are always directed outward. When we use our gifts we are edified in the use of those gifts and often feel a sense of satisfaction and completion as a person.

Do you differentiate strictly spiritual gifts from innate abilities you have always possessed or honed? God gives us abilities yet we can take no credit for any of it.

Probably most important is what FRUITS have been produced through the use of the gifts you think the Lord has given you? What has this gift accomplished?

The bible informs us that we will one day be held accountable for how we used what was given to us. Are we productive? The first step is to recognize your gift or gifts if you haven't already.

Great question and discussion there Starise,

We also need to remember that Christ is the HEAD of the Body and thus overseeing the gifts and ministries He has given. Sometimes we can think that they only operate in the public meeting or other activities organised by people. Whereas God owns everything and made everything. Thus, His sphere is not limited to what man would organise.

I believe that wherever the believer is in daily life especially relating to others that the Christ life will be evident. This goes against the world`s way and thus will be quite evident to others. The spiritual gifts will operate as the Lord desires in that arena, for the building up of other believers and also for a demonstration of God`s care, to those who are being drawn to the Lord.  

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1