• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

For this not being a discussion thread, it sure suddenly became one!
:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Yes, some times you post and get nothing and other times it takes off. :noidea:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, some times you post and get nothing and other times it takes off. 

Yeah, there is one I know of that has nothing special about it that I can see, it is not even really a discussion, not really any topic, yet in a years time or so, it has 145 pages of posts! :crosseyed:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yeah, there is one I know of that has nothing special about it that I can see, it is not even really a discussion, not really any topic, yet in a years time or so, it has 145 pages of posts! :crosseyed:

What about Is It Just Me? That is one strange thread but it is popular. Go figure. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

5 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Choice decides everything for everyone. You and I get the choice as well. We didn't choose it in the garden of Eden, but Adam's choice decided for us the options we have. God told Adam to not choose to eat, but he did. Later God told Israel what to choose and not to choose. And they did. Shalom

Deuteronomy 30:[19] I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

2 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I am a disciple of Christ drawn by God to Jesus and chosen.

it ain’t up for debate either, rock solid in my belief.of course he chooses,

Yeah, I was delighted once I came to grips with that myself. That He chose me, means there is nothing special about me, but it shows just how special God is, that He chose me, a sinner who in no way or manner, deserves His grace. If I did anything to merit His choice, even if it was just "deciding" to accept Him, then it is no longer grace, because He did it in response to something I did. God is sovereign, and that has a huge benefit:

Just as I did nothing to earn salvation, I can also do nothing to lose it. Not only is it not possible, but having a new nature which desires to please God, and His indwelling Spirit, and an understanding that I did not have before the new birth, it is totally unfathomable that me, with the mind of Christ, would choose to walk away into eternal separation from God. The notion is ridiculous! Thank you Jesus for saving me, thank you Father for drawing me in!

• Praise God! 1

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

What about Is It Just Me? That is one strange thread but it is popular. Go figure. 

No, but that one is one of those and the several follow up version of the same idea. If you want, I will be more specific in a PM, but not everyone has access to the topic, though you do, I just don't choose to publicize that part of the forum.

39 minutes ago, branchesofHim said:

Choice decides everything for everyone. You and I get the choice as well. We didn't choose it in the garden of Eden, but Adam's choice decided for us the options we have. God told Adam to not choose to eat, but he did. Later God told Israel what to choose and not to choose. And they did.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that predestination is something which applies to everything. In the context here, I am only referring to salvation. I think God's omniscient foreknowledge though, does in a fashion mean that everything is going to turn out just as God foresaw, so there is that sense in which I have no choice, I cannot change what God knows to be true.

Your examples, are good examples for consideration for a number or reasons. Adam and Eve knew God in a face to face sort of way, that I have never experienced, yet they still chose to disobey. I would submit, that the possibility exists, and now one since (except for sinless Jesus) has enjoyed free will that comes from not having a sin nature. What they did, seems to have affected mankind, through one man, death entered.

Israel, is many cases, also experienced God at times in ways that I have not, the events of Exodus, for example. Considering that, it would be easy to judge them for being so foolish, yet in reality, we cannot say we would not have made the same, dumb choices. It does go to demonstrate, how frail humans are in terms of the ability to victimize ourselves with what can be terminal stupidity.

In any case, I never posted that video in order to start a thread on the nuances of election, free will, etc. I just intended to post what I though was a good explanation of what predestination is and is not, from the reformed perspective.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

8 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

In the context here, I am only referring to salvation.

Understood. But doesn't salvation cover everything (spirit, soul, and body)? Shalom

4 minutes ago, branchesofHim said:

Understood. But doesn't salvation cover everything (spirit, soul, and body)? Shalom

Yeah, I'd say so. All I meant by that remark is that predestination does not mean you will have yogurt tomorrow for breakfast as opposed to bacon and eggs!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

13 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Just to be clear, I am not saying that predestination is something which applies to everything. In the context here, I am only referring to salvation. I think God's omniscient foreknowledge though, does in a fashion mean that everything is going to turn out just as God foresaw, so there is that sense in which I have no choice, I cannot change what God knows to be true.

Your examples, are good examples for consideration for a number or reasons. Adam and Eve knew God in a face to face sort of way, that I have never experienced, yet they still chose to disobey. I would submit, that the possibility exists, and now one since (except for sinless Jesus) has enjoyed free will that comes from not having a sin nature. What they did, seems to have affected mankind, through one man, death entered.

Israel, is many cases, also experienced God at times in ways that I have not, the events of Exodus, for example. Considering that, it would be easy to judge them for being so foolish, yet in reality, we cannot say we would not have made the same, dumb choices. It does go to demonstrate, how frail humans are in terms of the ability to victimize ourselves with what can be terminal stupidity.

In any case, I never posted that video in order to start a thread on the nuances of election, free will, etc. I just intended to post what I though was a good explanation of what predestination is and is not, from the reformed perspective.

It seems to me, and I cannot prove it, that Adam the first was neutral in a sense of choice. We, who are in Christ, are not idling in neutral. We are rather animated, by a New Life and the indwelling God Almighty.

Consider all that is said in scripture regarding His tabernacle. The tabernacle made by His own hand, in which He dwells.