• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

20 hours ago, wolly said:

I tried finding a bible verse about being mentally reduced(dumb) but all I could find is this:

1 Corinthians 1:26-29
26 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 29 so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
Proverbs 30:2
Surely I am too stupid to be a man.
I have not the understanding of a man.
Psalm 94:8
Take notice, you senseless ones among the people;
you fools, when will you become wise?
Psalm 92:6
Senseless people do not know,
fools do not understand,
Job 18:3
Why are we regarded as cattle
and considered stupid in your sight?
Job 11:12
But the witless can no more become wise
than a wild donkey’s colt can be born human.
Proverbs 15:21
Folly brings joy to one who has no sense,
but whoever has understanding keeps a straight course.

What is the role of stupidity in the Bible? How does stupidity help you?
Isn't intelligence more important than stupidity?
I mean if you're dumb and you feel that your intelligence is low how can you get smarter? Just by praying?

I don't know what your definition is of "stupid". Are you speaking of someone who is mentally challenged? A learning disabilty? Mentally ill? 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I don't know what your definition is of "stupid". Are you speaking of someone who is mentally challenged? A learning disabilty? Mentally ill? 

No, the original poster is NOT talking about the mentally challenged or those with mental illness.  To understand what the opster is speaking of .....

from your favorite website.  Got questions

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge or understanding. Ignorant people are either unaware or uninformed. Sometimes we are ignorant because we did not know there was a need to learn something. Other times, we are ignorant because we have chosen not to learn something we need to know. In Hosea 4:6, the Lord says, “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you.” Willfully rejecting knowledge that God wants us to have is sinful ignorance. While unintentional ignorance about earthly topics is understandable, intentional ignorance about spiritual matters can lead to eternal destruction (Romans 1:18–23).

The Bible makes a distinction between ignorance and innocence. We don’t have to be ignorant of the fact of sin; in fact, we can be highly informed about sin yet remain innocent of it. But we should all be ignorant about the practice of evil. Ephesians 5:11–12 says, “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.” In Matthew 10:16, Jesus warned us, “I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.”

To effectively fight the spiritual battle, we must know something of how our enemy functions. Believers are encouraged to forgive each other, “so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs” (2 Corinthians 2:11, ESV). Ignorance about what the devil is up to—and ignorance of the damage done by unforgiveness—is dangerous to our spiritual health. One of Satan’s basic tactics is to keep people ignorant: “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ” (2 Corinthians 4:4). Ignorant people are easy prey for those with wicked schemes (Psalm 1:1–2; Proverbs 7:6–7, 21–23).

God says that idolatry springs from spiritual ignorance: “Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood, who pray to gods that cannot save” (Isaiah 45:20). Ignorance of the true God is unjustifiable, because the knowledge of God’s existence and power is available all around us (Romans 1:18–23). People who substitute false gods instead of pursuing the real God are sinfully ignorant.

Hebrews 5:2 says that Jesus is “able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray since he himself is subject to weakness.” God has great patience, even with the ignorant. Even when we are willfully ignorant, He gives us a multitude of opportunities to learn (2 Peter 3:9). Paul said that God showed him mercy because, before Jesus saved him, he had “acted in ignorance and unbelief” (1 Timothy 1:13; Acts 3:17).

God commands us to repent of our ignorance and seek Him with all our hearts (Acts 17:30; Jeremiah 29:13). The opposite of spiritual ignorance is wisdom, and we are told to seek wisdom above all things (Proverbs 3:13–18). Fortunately, wisdom is readily accessible; the book of Proverbs personifies wisdom as a noble lady who is calling out to all publicly: “To you, O people, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind. You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, set your hearts on it” (Proverbs 8:4–5). Every time the Bible commands us to “listen” or to “hear,” God is giving us a chance to trade ignorance for His wisdom.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-ignorance.html

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, appy said:

No, the original poster is NOT talking about the mentally challenged or those with mental illness.  To understand what the opster is speaking of .....

from your favorite website.  Got questions

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge or understanding. Ignorant people are either unaware or uninformed. Sometimes we are ignorant because we did not know there was a need to learn something. Other times, we are ignorant because we have chosen not to learn something we need to know. In Hosea 4:6, the Lord says, “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you.” Willfully rejecting knowledge that God wants us to have is sinful ignorance. While unintentional ignorance about earthly topics is understandable, intentional ignorance about spiritual matters can lead to eternal destruction (Romans 1:18–23).

The Bible makes a distinction between ignorance and innocence. We don’t have to be ignorant of the fact of sin; in fact, we can be highly informed about sin yet remain innocent of it. But we should all be ignorant about the practice of evil. Ephesians 5:11–12 says, “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.” In Matthew 10:16, Jesus warned us, “I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.”

To effectively fight the spiritual battle, we must know something of how our enemy functions. Believers are encouraged to forgive each other, “so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs” (2 Corinthians 2:11, ESV). Ignorance about what the devil is up to—and ignorance of the damage done by unforgiveness—is dangerous to our spiritual health. One of Satan’s basic tactics is to keep people ignorant: “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ” (2 Corinthians 4:4). Ignorant people are easy prey for those with wicked schemes (Psalm 1:1–2; Proverbs 7:6–7, 21–23).

God says that idolatry springs from spiritual ignorance: “Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood, who pray to gods that cannot save” (Isaiah 45:20). Ignorance of the true God is unjustifiable, because the knowledge of God’s existence and power is available all around us (Romans 1:18–23). People who substitute false gods instead of pursuing the real God are sinfully ignorant.

Hebrews 5:2 says that Jesus is “able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray since he himself is subject to weakness.” God has great patience, even with the ignorant. Even when we are willfully ignorant, He gives us a multitude of opportunities to learn (2 Peter 3:9). Paul said that God showed him mercy because, before Jesus saved him, he had “acted in ignorance and unbelief” (1 Timothy 1:13; Acts 3:17).

God commands us to repent of our ignorance and seek Him with all our hearts (Acts 17:30; Jeremiah 29:13). The opposite of spiritual ignorance is wisdom, and we are told to seek wisdom above all things (Proverbs 3:13–18). Fortunately, wisdom is readily accessible; the book of Proverbs personifies wisdom as a noble lady who is calling out to all publicly: “To you, O people, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind. You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, set your hearts on it” (Proverbs 8:4–5). Every time the Bible commands us to “listen” or to “hear,” God is giving us a chance to trade ignorance for His wisdom.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-ignorance.html

I will wait for their response.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/5/2022 at 6:17 AM, wolly said:

I tried finding a bible verse about being mentally reduced(dumb) but all I could find is this:

1 Corinthians 1:26-29
26 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 29 so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
Proverbs 30:2
Surely I am too stupid to be a man.
I have not the understanding of a man.
Psalm 94:8
Take notice, you senseless ones among the people;
you fools, when will you become wise?
Psalm 92:6
Senseless people do not know,
fools do not understand,
Job 18:3
Why are we regarded as cattle
and considered stupid in your sight?
Job 11:12
But the witless can no more become wise
than a wild donkey’s colt can be born human.
Proverbs 15:21
Folly brings joy to one who has no sense,
but whoever has understanding keeps a straight course.

What is the role of stupidity in the Bible? How does stupidity help you?
Isn't intelligence more important than stupidity?
I mean if you're dumb and you feel that your intelligence is low how can you get smarter? Just by praying?

Rely on God, not on IQ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

Rely on God, not on IQ.

A 'no brainer' for me.....default_cool2.gif.c7dc1c896a98c6cac89b6f95ad44c0b9.gif

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

HARD  LESSONS  THAT  ARE  MOSTLY  IGNORED  BY  MANS   -- iq? --

ECCLESIASTES 5:3  for a dream cometh through the multitude of business --- and a fools voice is known by multitude of words ---

--5:7--  for in the multitude of dreams and many words ---there are also diverse vanities--- but fear thou  GOD

ACTS 4:29  and now  LORD  ---behold their threatenings--- and grant unto thy servants ---that with all boldness they may speak thy word---

ACTS 5:20  go stand and speak in the temple to the people ---all  the  words  of  this  life---

LUKE 4:4  and  JESUS  answered them saying ---it is written that man  --shall not live--  by bread alone   --but by every word of  GOD---

1 PETER 4:11  --IF--  any man speak-- let him speak as the oracles of  GOD--- if any man minister let him do it as of the ability which  GOD  giveth that  GOD  in all things may be glorified  ---through  JESUS  CHRIST--  to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever---   AMEN 

1 CORINTHIANS 1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST   ---that you all speak the same thing--- and that there be  ---no divisions among you--- but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement 

MATTHEW 12:36  but I say unto you that every idle word that men shall speak they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement 

--12:37--  for by thy words thou shalt be justified and by thy words thou shalt be condemned--- 

ACTS 3:22  for moses truly said unto the fathers a prophet shall  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD  raise up unto you of your brethren like unto me ---him shall you hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you---

--3:23-- and it shall come to pass that every soul ---which will not hear that prophet  ---  shall be destroyed from among the people---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST