• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Thanks so much for the encouragement, and it's always very refreshing to finally hear something other than how it's all my fault and i deserve whatever happens to me, even if it's mostly true. But still why do so many people feel the need or desire to belittle others right in the midst of all the crap they are going through??

Anyway as far as all this unexplained dream phenomena, i am beginning to think that God or the Holy Spirit does at times intervene in our dreams much more than we realize, even if it may seem like some random person saying something, we still need to pay attention and i believe if any one thing or message is from God then HE will always help us to remember it. And since you mentioned mental health, i was diagnosed with  severe depression due to a chemical imbalance when i was about 15 and was taking some very strong anti-depressant meds for it which seemed to do the job. Not sure if that would still be of any significance now but just thought i would mention it?

I agree we do need to listen.    Most nights I sleep with earbuds on listening to different things from my phone.  I find that I get more deep realm sleep doing so.  Restful relaxing type of sleep music is the best.    I have to use earbuds for it keeps my wife awake.  LoL       It also helps with covering the noise of the C-pap machine.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

On 2/13/2022 at 11:27 PM, Warrior of truth said:

When they say "chemical imbalance" it means they don't really know. LoL. They don't can't measure your chemicals so they don't know. First chemical they try to adjust is serotonin.

The anti depression meds may have played a part in your case but you cant do anything about it now. 

Actually i realize that now, but was just too young at the time and believed whatever the doctors or "shrinks" told me. But now i pretty much know the reason for my own depression, which i truly believe was more subconscious than anything else, and not only feeling sorry for myself but for everyone else who was suffering like i was, and not wanting to accept the fact i could do nothing at all to help myself or anyone else going through the same thing i was. And I think i was just starting to realize than even if i could do something about it that it would never amount to much, since HE is the one allowing it and there is only so much we can do because it's really all part of His so-called "plan"...or however you want to say it?? THAT is how i would define true "depression", period.

Edited by CaptWalker
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

I think i was just starting to realize than even if i could do something about it that it would never amount to much, since HE is the one allowing it and there is only so much we can do because it's really all part of His so-called "plan"...or however you want to say it??

Well said. I think that is 100% true and it's an excellent reminder to me. I get frustrated at things that I can't control and I often get depressed about the state of the world or at the low moral standards of society or at the plight of sick and disabled people. But as you said, God is in control, He has a plan and we don't fully understand it so we have to trust in our Lord.

I believe the evil one is behind mental illness. Satan tries to make us depressed, fearful, anxious. Actually, almost every emotion comes from Satan apart from love and acting from those other emotions often results in sin.

But thanks for sharing your testimony and thoughts, I really enjoyed your insights

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I believe dreams tell us a story from personal feelings and emotions and future prospectives.