Seeker1834

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

OK I have seen and heard people speaking in tongues and imo they are making up words that do not exist. In Acts 2: 3-8 it clearly explains tongues as other human language not made up words. How do others believe or not believe in tongues.  Also 1 Corin 14:27-28 says must be an interpreter.. and again imo one could only interpret another human tongue.  Thanks

Edited by Seeker1834
Add verse to post
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Seeker1834 said:

OK I have seen and heard people speaking in tongues and imo they are making up words that do not exist. In Acts 2: 3-8 it clearly explains tongues as other human language not made up words. How do others believe or not believe in tongues. Thanks

Its the manifestation of Holy Spirit.

@Seeker1834 @Sower

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, Seeker1834 said:

OK I have seen and heard people speaking in tongues and imo they are making up words that do not exist. In Acts 2: 3-8 it clearly explains tongues as other human language not made up words. How do others believe or not believe in tongues.  Also 1 Corin 14:27-28 says must be an interpreter.. and again imo one could only interpret another human tongue.  Thanks

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church first apostles,
second prophets, third teachers, then miracles,
then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and (last) various kinds of tongues.                    
Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all possess gifts of healing?
Do all speak with tongues?   Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the higher gifts.     1 Corinthians 12

And I will show you a still more excellent way.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Sower said:

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church first apostles,
second prophets, third teachers, then miracles,
then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and (last) various kinds of tongues.                    
Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all possess gifts of healing?
Do all speak with tongues?   Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the higher gifts.     1 Corinthians 12

And I will show you a still more excellent way.

I agree with these verses. I do think God give the gift of tongues. My belief is speaking tongues is only other language like an American speaking in tongues can speak Russian  or Japanese. 

• Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

4 minutes ago, Seeker1834 said:

I agree with these verses. I do think God give the gift of tongues. My belief is speaking tongues is only other language like an American speaking in tongues can speak Russian  or Japanese. 

I thought the same thing. Like having one voice speaking  that all those of different languages understood.
Instead, nobody understands anything, including those speaking. Sorta confusing, as scripture says a bad witness to the lost.

I do not speak in tongues. Did not receive the gift, as mentioned in the verse I gave above.
I have ask a few people I know who speak in tongues if they have an interpreter.
I ask if they ever had two interpreters and then compare their interpretations.
I never get an answer, as it is not important to them.
I talk to the spirit in English, a known tongue. He understands me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

20 minutes ago, Sower said:

I talk to the spirit in English, a known tongue. He understands me.

Sure God understands your English but Holy Spirit has His own language for His sacred purpose.

GLOSOLALIA IS BETWEEN YOU AND GOD TO STRENGTHEN FAITH.

1 Cor 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue (glosolalia) edifieth himself...

WE UTTER GLOSOLALIA WHEN OUR GROANINGS CANNOT BE UTTERED THAT IT HURT DEEPLY, WE THEN LET HOLY SPIRIT TAKE OVER AND PRAY FOR US IN THE BAD SITUATION.

Rome 8:26 .... for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:02 PM, R. Hartono said:

Its the manifestation of Holy Spirit.

@Seeker1834 @Sower

I'm not doubting the Holy Spirit indwelling. To me the Bible makes it clear tongues is speaking in other human language. And the Bible is also clear there must be an interpreter. I've seen many say they speak in tongues never seen them use interupter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

50 minutes ago, Seeker1834 said:

I'm not doubting the Holy Spirit indwelling. To me the Bible makes it clear tongues is speaking in other human language. And the Bible is also clear there must be an interpreter. I've seen many say they speak in tongues never seen them use interupter.

No interpritation is given or needed when speaking in tongues in personal prayer life ,it is H0ly Spirit speaking directly Spirit to spirit  by passing our understanding,it is perfect prayer edifying us and helping with our infirmities.In a fellowship interpritation is given to edify and build up others ,a word of prophecy is the same if not more,again for the people prescent.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  283
  • Content Count:  1,020
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

On 2/14/2022 at 8:38 PM, Seeker1834 said:

The Gift Of Tongues Taken To Far In The Milk

1 Cor 12:7-11
7    But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8    for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9    to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10    to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11    But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
1 Cor 12:28-31
28    And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.
29    Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
30    Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
31    But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.
1 Cor 13:1
1    Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
1 Cor 13:8-11
8    Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9    For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10    But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11    When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Cor 14:1-3
1    Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
2    For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
3    But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.
1 Cor 14:5
5    I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.
1 Cor 14:6-13
6    But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?
7    Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8    For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
9    So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air.
10    There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11    Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
12    Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
13    Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.
1 Cor 14:14-24
14    For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15    What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.
16    Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say "Amen" at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say?
17    For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.
18    I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;
19    yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.
20    Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
21    In the law it is written: "With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; and yet, for all that, they will not hear Me," says the Lord.

22    Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.

23    Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
24    But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all.
1 Cor 14:27-28
27    If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret.
28    But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.
(NKJ)

xxx Tongues are a sign not to believers, but to unbelievers. That they have received the Holy Spirit. But it is limited to their walk in the milk understanding. If they want to go into the meat understanding the tongues will cease. Now it is true some will abide in the milk understanding their whole lives. They will become lukewarm. While one is in the milk understanding they will still be enfluenced by their emotions(unclean spirits). But that is why we all need to go into the meat understanding to purge out the wrong beliefs, and all our emotions. If we dont do this we will never come to the revelations of Jesus Christ. Which is being born again. Tongues are a sign for unbelievers, not believers. Believers receive one of eight of the other gifts. To get them through the milk. But all must walk after the verses from the Holy Spirit to purge their minds and bodies in the meat.

1 Cor 13:8-12
8    Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9    For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10    But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11    When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12    For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
(NKJ)
xxx If you have the gift of tongues that is good. But remember there are 8 better gifts and your still in the milk understanding. So your still under the enfluence of the devil. So dont go challenging one of the other gifts for superior importance. 

1 Cor 4:6
6    Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

• Well Said! 1

19 minutes ago, grahampaul said:

No interpritation is given or needed when speaking in tongues in personal prayer life ,it is H0ly Spirit speaking directly Spirit to spirit  by passing our understanding,it is perfect prayer edifying us and helping with our infirmities.In a fellowship interpritation is given to edify and build up others ,a word of prophecy is the same if not more,again for the people prescent.

(Jeremiah 14:13)  Then I said: “Ah, Lord GOD, behold, the prophets say to them, ‘You shall not see the sword, nor shall you have famine, but I will give you assured peace in this place.’”
(Jeremiah 14:14)  And the LORD said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.
(Jeremiah 14:15)  Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who prophesy in my name although I did not send them, and who say, ‘Sword and famine shall not come upon this land’: By sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed.
(Jeremiah 14:16)  And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem, victims of famine and sword, with none to bury them—them, their wives, their sons, and their daughters. For I will pour out their evil upon them.
(Jeremiah 14:17)  “You shall say to them this word: ‘Let my eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease, for the virgin daughter of my people is shattered with a great wound, with a very grievous blow.
(Jeremiah 14:18)  If I go out into the field, behold, those pierced by the sword! And if I enter the city, behold, the diseases of famine! For both prophet and priest ply their trade through the land and have no knowledge.’”
(Jeremiah 14:19)  Have you utterly rejected Judah? Does your soul loathe Zion? Why have you struck us down so that there is no healing for us? We looked for peace, but no good came; for a time of healing, but behold, terror.
(Jeremiah 14:20)  We acknowledge our wickedness, O LORD, and the iniquity of our fathers, for we have sinned against you.
(Jeremiah 14:21)  Do not spurn us, for your name's sake; do not dishonor your glorious throne; remember and do not break your covenant with us.
(Jeremiah 14:22)  Are there any among the false gods of the nations that can bring rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Are you not he, O LORD our God? We set our hope on you, for you do all these things.  [ESV]

God doesn't appreciate those that prophesy in His name that are speaking of their own knowledge, not directed by God.  The Old Testament provides some guidance.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1