• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, AdHoc said:

If one applies the evidence - as a good detective is wont, the facts indicate that;

1. There is a resurrection and following rapture for the ALL the Church at the end of this age
2. It is ONE harvest with multiple gatherings
3. A pre-tribulation resurrection is conditional. It must be ATTAINED TO
4. A pre-tribulation rapture is a PRIZE. It is conditional
5. Only SOME, called "Overcomers", and/or FIRSTFRUITS qualify
6. The POSITION is with Christ in the clouds
7. This position only helps if one misses the HOUR of the earth's trial
8. This explains why there are multiple scriptures with believers passing through the Great Tribulation while multiple scriptures indicate SOME don't. 

Thanks for your explanation. I agree we are close in what we've seen from scripture. I think the one area I differ is in the pre-tribulation view just because I can't really find that. I used to hold the pre-trib view a while back until I started digging myself, but I'm always open to being wrong. I like your reference to the three harvests and I think they fit with a pre-wrath view of the catching away.

When it comes to the firstfruits, I only see reference to Christ in terms of the resurrection and being the firstfruits of it, which makes sense as He was the first resurrected into His glorified body and indeed even rose on the feast of firstfruits in 30 AD.

I agree there is a catching away for all the faithful church, but all the references to it seem to be tied to the sudden arrival of the day of the Lord or the day of Christ after the unparalleled time of Jacob's trouble and the signs of the sixth seal.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [G726 harpazo] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53

Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Matthew 24:36-41

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 17:24, 26-30

For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one [part] under heaven, shineth unto the other [part] under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. ... And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed [them] all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

You know the scriptures, I just always see a sequence harmonized with an obvious arrival of Christ after the tribulation and our catching away to Him after the apostasy, revealing of the man of sin and this unparalleled tribulation but before the wrath of God that comes when Yeshua does to gather His bride. I am interested in passages I may be missing or interpreting wrong that don't align with this common thread though. I'm looking to understand God's plan from His Word and am by no means a scholar or even as diligent a studier of His Word as I should be.

As we can see in Matthew 25:1-13, half of those at the time of the bridegroom coming to gather His bride, are not prepared and are shut out of the marriage. Furthermore we see some are cast into tribulation and there are clearly what are commonly called tribulation saints who refuse to worship the beast both under the altar in Revelation 6:9-11 and in Revelation 20:4.

So I really like what you presented from Leviticus and the harvests as it makes a lot of sense so thank you for that! I love learning new insights from learned people cause it really helps me grow in faith and in knowledge of His Word.