• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, vic66 said:

God bless for informing me i wasn't fully aware, and i was hoping that Christians would only be to happy to have their godly articles shared especially when it's about promoting the peaceful  nature of christ and the gospel

freely have you received freely give. truth originates from God and he let us have his word with out any copy right or charge(not so with men sad) i'll be a bit more careful in future

This is not directed at vic66 specifically, but at the issues themselves.

Just as a consideration of the above. God inspired the original scriptures, and intended for them to reach people, and they they have.

That being said, things like research often require researchers, who need to feed their families, and make their mortgage payments. Building are required for files and book, and desks and computers. Field work needs to be funded. Christian music and bibles, require equipment and printing presses, you get the idea.

Most people here do not give their work away, but we expect those in fields that edify us, to give their labor and property away?

When we post here, we need to recognize that authors deserve credit for their writings, etc. Probably the pastors in our churches get salaries, not because the are greedy, but because they are needy, just like everyone else.

As was suggested we can rewrite information in our own words, and that gets us out of a legal technicality, but still it is nice to credit a source of information, if for no other reason than to add credibility to your own writings.

It takes a lot of resources to make, print, and distribute a Bible, for example. While God wrote the base material, He did not do the printing, the typesetting, the binding, the making of the paper, the packaging, the shipping, the paying of wages that makes these things happen (I know He owns everything and provided everything, but you know what I mean, this is not a theology topic, you know what I mean).

So, if we want to post a passage of scripture, can we do that without a copyright violation? Sometimes! The King James Bible, is copyrighted in the United Kingdom, but not in the U.S. Most modern Bibles have copyright information in them and often a section that informs us of what we are allowed to copy and redistribute, and under what conditions.

I have written to publishers of music and literature on several occasions to get permission to use there material. At a church I once attended, they got in trouble you using worship music for which they did not own the copyright or obtain permission. 

Bottom line, be aware of the issues and be considerate of those who go to the trouble to make these resources available. It is the right thing to do, legally and morally, try to give back to those who bless you in some fashion, and thank God for them and pray for them.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,295
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

This is not directed at vic66 specifically, but at the issues themselves.

Just as a consideration of the above. God inspired the original scriptures, and intended for them to reach people, and they they have.

That being said, things like research often require researchers, who need to feed their families, and make their mortgage payments. Building are required for files and book, and desks and computers. Field work needs to be funded. Christian music and bibles, require equipment and printing presses, you get the idea.

Most people here do not give their work away, but we expect those in fields that edify us, to give their labor and property away?

When we post here, we need to recognize that authors deserve credit for their writings, etc. Probably the pastors in our churches get salaries, not because the are greedy, but because they are needy, just like everyone else.

As was suggested we can rewrite information in our own words, and that gets us out of a legal technicality, but still it is nice to credit a source of information, if for no other reason than to add credibility to your own writings.

It takes a lot of resources to make, print, and distribute a Bible, for example. While God wrote the base material, He did not do the printing, the typesetting, the binding, the making of the paper, the packaging, the shipping, the paying of wages that makes these things happen (I know He owns everything and provided everything, but you know what I mean, this is not a theology topic, you know what I mean).

So, if we want to post a passage of scripture, can we do that without a copyright violation? Sometimes! The King James Bible, is copyrighted in the United Kingdom, but not in the U.S. Most modern Bibles have copyright information in them and often a section that informs us of what we are allowed to copy and redistribute, and under what conditions.

I have written to publishers of music and literature on several occasions to get permission to use there material. At a church I once attended, they got in trouble you using worship music for which they did not own the copyright or obtain permission. 

Bottom line, be aware of the issues and be considerate of those who go to the trouble to make these resources available. It is the right thing to do, legally and morally, try to give back to those who bless you in some fashion, and thank God for them and pray for them.

I appreciate that, @Omegaman 3.0. There is nothing wrong with sharing what we have read or encountered elsewhere, but we should take great care remembering the words of the Lord, 'be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.' We subject ourselves to the laws of men as it pleases God --- a scriptural admonition, no less. 

Many authors of godly material give permission for others to publish portions of their material; this permission will be found in the Copyright notification of books and websites. Let's not heap condemnation upon ourselves, then, and abide by the Copyright notice. 

For example, the NASB translation is a copyrighted work, but the Lockman Foundation permits portions of the NASB to be shared (published) publicly within specific guidelines which is to say, a passage is acceptable. Entire books of scripture are not authorized according to their Copyright notice. Hence whenever I quote from the NASB, I quote sparingly. :) 

Edited by Marathoner

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

53 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Many authors of godly material give permission for others to publish portions of their material; this permission will be found in the Copyright notification of books and websites.

Yeah, got questions dot org is very liberal with republishing their stuff. There I suppose their business model is donation based. Not the case for the Lockman Foundation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,295
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

15 hours ago, vic66 said:

God bless for informing me i wasn't fully aware, and i was hoping that Christians would only be to happy to have their godly articles shared especially when it's about promoting the peaceful  nature of christ and the gospel

freely have you received freely give. truth originates from God and he let us have his word with out any copy right or charge(not so with men sad) i'll be a bit more careful in future

My friend, you won't find me disagreeing with the Lord and the teaching of His apostles. This isn't a popular nor well-regarded position, but I wholeheartedly agree that the Lord commands us 

To love our enemies, blessing those who curse and hate us
To forgive those who trespass against us, just as He has forgiven us of much
To be peacemakers, treating others as we wish to be treated as ourselves
To love our neighbor as ourselves
To refrain from railing accusation, strife, and grumbling discontent
To rejoice when we are hated, accused, and oppressed for His sake

I do not ascribe to violence of any kind and this pleases the Lord who chose me from this world. As I have stated and written before, I would rather be killed than kill knowing that whatever befalls me is the will of God. The Lord has indeed sent me to places where murder, assault, and senseless violence are commonplace, places where no one in their "right mind" would travel without a firearm. 

I will never carry nor own a firearm.

The Lord sent me to this city to serve the needy and lost in a part of town where the majority of violent crime takes place. Lethal drugs are trafficked on these streets and so I will never forget the will and purpose of Christ, there was a time when I lived in the wilderness where the majority of these deadly narcotics are smuggled and created in clandestine labs. They are smuggled into the country by associates of the Los Zetas drug cartel of Mexico; the Sinaloa drug cartel also has a presence here. The wilderness where the Lord sent me back then is vast, rugged, and inaccessible to most vehicles except for horses, ATVs, and helicopters. The cartels use all three and they are armed to the teeth, my friend. They are infamous for their brutality, murders, and kidnappings. 

I have faced these before without a weapon in my hand. Vengeance belongs to the Lord.

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 3/3/2022 at 8:17 PM, vic66 said:

Jesus taught that the church which he was to build and the kingdom of heaven were one and the same.

They are not the same. We are to pray "Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done On Earth as it is in Heaven".

This is represented by the letter Alef. Earth is to become as Heaven is. 

download.png

Edited by JohnR7

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

13 hours ago, Marathoner said:

My friend, you won't find me disagreeing with the Lord and the teaching of His apostles. This isn't a popular nor well-regarded position, but I wholeheartedly agree that the Lord commands us 

To love our enemies, blessing those who curse and hate us
To forgive those who trespass against us, just as He has forgiven us of much
To be peacemakers, treating others as we wish to be treated as ourselves
To love our neighbor as ourselves
To refrain from railing accusation, strife, and grumbling discontent
To rejoice when we are hated, accused, and oppressed for His sake

I do not ascribe to violence of any kind and this pleases the Lord who chose me from this world. As I have stated and written before, I would rather be killed than kill knowing that whatever befalls me is the will of God. The Lord has indeed sent me to places where murder, assault, and senseless violence are commonplace, places where no one in their "right mind" would travel without a firearm. 

I will never carry nor own a firearm.

The Lord sent me to this city to serve the needy and lost in a part of town where the majority of violent crime takes place. Lethal drugs are trafficked on these streets and so I will never forget the will and purpose of Christ, there was a time when I lived in the wilderness where the majority of these deadly narcotics are smuggled and created in clandestine labs. They are smuggled into the country by associates of the Los Zetas drug cartel of Mexico; the Sinaloa drug cartel also has a presence here. The wilderness where the Lord sent me back then is vast, rugged, and inaccessible to most vehicles except for horses, ATVs, and helicopters. The cartels use all three and they are armed to the teeth, my friend. They are infamous for their brutality, murders, and kidnappings. 

I have faced these before without a weapon in my hand. Vengeance belongs to the Lord.

God bless with great respect from myself thank you so much

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

They are not the same. We are to pray "Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done On Earth as it is in Heaven".

This is represented by the letter Alef. Earth is to become as Heaven is. 

Amen. Well said. We are instructed to pray accordingly.

God can do nothing in the earth without man. And man cannot do anything without God in the earth. Shalom

James 4:[10] Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
[11] Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
[12] There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
[13] Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
[14] Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
[15] For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
[16] But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 3/10/2022 at 8:49 AM, AdHoc said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is a complex matter. There is no mention of the Church after Chapter 3, but as my scriptures show, there are people connected with Christ in Revelation 7, 12, 13 and 18. It is difficult to imagine Jewish converts not being part of the Church. And then again, I've never seen a scripture that says the gospel is taught during the Great Tribulation. You have the Two Witnesses in Revelation 11, but they do not preach the gospel. They call fire down from heaven. Men are killed - not saved. Then you have the angel in mid-heaven preaching the "everlasting gospel", but that is not to call men to belief in Jesus. It calls men to worship the God of Creation (Rev.14:6). Faith comes from hearing and there is just nobody preaching the gospel.

I think the scriptures from Zechariah concern Israel when He comes. He will cut idols from the Land. The Beast has his idol till the end of the Great Tribulation, so Zechariah 13 must happen after the Great Tribulation (see Rev.9:20).

As I say - complex.

the saints on earth, the two witnesses, the 144000 of the twelve tribe of Israel all refer to jews. the 2 witnesses are risen up by God to preach to the Jews to give them a second chance to receive the gospel after the rapture and first resurrection had began. Christ is now reaching out to his brethren that rejected him just like joseph

Edited by vic66

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,054
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

1 hour ago, vic66 said:

the saints on earth, the two witnesses, the 144000 of the twelve tribe of Israel all refer to jews. the 2 witnesses are risen up by God to preach to the Jews to give them a second chance to receive the gospel after the rapture and first resurrection had began. Christ is now reaching out to his brethren that rejected him just like joseph

O. K. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Go well bro.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

2 hours ago, vic66 said:

Matthew 10:[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.