IGNORED

Why Have Conservatives Been Unable To Stop The Liberal Revolution That Threatens Their Culture?

JAG**

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

Let's face it - right, left & center are all just in Adam and manifestations thereof, and Adam is only worthy of the grave.

We Christians are all for one ---> the King! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Maybe, but I dunno. Nearing the end of the age (as it seems we are), I see things getting worse regardless, and again, from what I see, they will need to become fully manifested (i.e., the tree of good and evil/dark kingdom must be fully grown & manifested).  That doesn't mean that we shouldn't resist evil - as we are lead of the Lord* -  but the Spirit did lay things out in Revelation, stating what calamities will come upon ol' Adam's race.

At some point the "restrainer" will be taken from the earth and things will really cut loose! 

* concerning Christians being involved with politics - we must be careful, like in all worldly endeavors, to be led and act of the Spirit and not our own flesh, otherwise there is zero profit in it

Maybe, Things  "might" get worse no matter what, but I don't see the Church making any attempt to stop it. We are supposed to oppose evil and I see the Church compromising with it. The church fears man more than God. We have an abundance of prosperity preachers in the megachurches. We have a lack of powerful Christians willing to publicly condemn what is going on in  society. Churches are not condemning sin and lack of obedience to God's word. People don't witness their faith or preach the gospel. Parents don't tell their kids to minister to their unsaved teachers and friends at school. Pastors won't condemn certain sins in their sermons. Most Christians wont get involved in politics. These are a few of my many observations as the Church sits on its hands while the servants of Satan fill every hole in society that Christians refuse to fill. 1/3 of all Americans claim to go to Church, yet groups far smaller are making all the changes in our society because they are fighting for what they believe while we cower behind church doors waiting for the end to come. We have a very disobedient church here in America.

13 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Say what???  Christians have not withdrawn from the world nor have we sat on the sidelines and done nothing.

Liberal and Christian are not opposites.  I am both.

The church is not responsible for the state of society. 

Choosing to fight goes against the teachings of Christ to turn the other cheek and Paul's writing "Instead, “if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink, for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.”  Romans 12:20, quoting Proverbs 25:21-22

And Isaiah 59:7-8 says, "Their feet rush into sin;
    they are swift to shed innocent blood.
They pursue evil schemes;
    acts of violence mark their ways.
The way of peace they do not know;

there is no justice in their paths.
They have turned them into crooked roads;
    no one who walks along them will know peace.

Finally, read these words of Jesus and meditate on what He said!  Matthew 5:43-48, “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Fighting is not and never will be Christian behavior that is approved by God.  THE WAY OF PEACE YOU DO NOT KNOW.

Generally liberal and Christian ARE opposites, at least in the realm of politics. For the most part liberals are for gay rights, abortion rights, evolution, keeping God and prayer out of schools, etc. 

The church has far more numbers than the groups that are actually making the changes in our society. If the church got involved in every walk of life , we could make this country truly Christian. The bible should be taught in schools, prayer should be done in schools, adult shops should be shut down, Christians should be on judges benches, as teachers in schools, as the school boards, as mayors, governors, senators, President, We are NOT told to be passive in society, and God has greatly blessed societies willing to fight for him. What is the church doing to try to stop ANY of the evils you see going on in society?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The church has far more numbers than the groups that are actually making the changes in our society. If the church got involved in every walk of life , we could make this country truly Christian.

The Church is too busy arguing with itself and becoming a house divided against itself to do that.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

5 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Generally liberal and Christian ARE opposites, at least in the realm of politics. For the most part liberals are for gay rights, abortion rights, evolution, keeping God and prayer out of schools, etc. 

The church has far more numbers than the groups that are actually making the changes in our society. If the church got involved in every walk of life , we could make this country truly Christian. The bible should be taught in schools, prayer should be done in schools, adult shops should be shut down, Christians should be on judges benches, as teachers in schools, as the school boards, as mayors, governors, senators, President, We are NOT told to be passive in society, and God has greatly blessed societies willing to fight for him. What is the church doing to try to stop ANY of the evils you see going on in society?

Saying that for the most part liberals are for gay rights, abortion rights, evolution, keeping God and prayer out of schools, etc. is nonsense and clearly shows your lack of understanding.  Liberals are for the rights of all people, i.e., equal justice under law.  That means not forcing any religion on people!  Why do you oppose freedom?

Your statement that  liberal and Christian ARE opposites, at least in the realm of politics simply isn't true.  You want a perfect example?  Jesus Christ!  He opposed the conservative politics of His day and argued for the  rights of the less fortunate.

Why would we want to make this country "truly Christian" and defeat the separation of church and state. People must have the freedom to worship according to their faith, even if it doesn't agree with ours. If the bible should be taught in schools then should should the books of other religions.  That is called "freedom".  he Constitution calls for the separation of church and state.  Period.  And the comment about "adult shops" is nonsense.

Christians should be on judges benches, as the school boards, as mayors, governors, senators, President only if they are elected to serve.  

What is the church doing to try to stop ANY of the evils you see going on in society?  Preaching the message of Jesus Christ and salvation for those who believe.  That is the only way people can be saved.  Forcing people to accept Christianity is contrary to God's plan.

Edited by JimmyB

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

Do you want to know who were conservatives, i.e., opposed freedom/  Two groups: the Romans, who controlled the people through government, and the Pharisees, who controlled people through the OT law.  As Jesus pointed out, both groups were guilty of mistreating people and denying them their rights and freedom.  They even were responsible for killing the Savior.

Jesus, because of His love for all people, is a perfect example of liberal thinking.  

Edited by JimmyB

On 8/14/2023 at 8:10 AM, JimmyB said:

Saying that for the most part liberals are for gay rights, abortion rights, evolution, keeping God and prayer out of schools, etc. is nonsense and clearly shows your lack of understanding.  Liberals are for the rights of all people, i.e., equal justice under law.  That means not forcing any religion on people!  Why do you oppose freedom?

Your statement that  liberal and Christian ARE opposites, at least in the realm of politics simply isn't true.  You want a perfect example?  Jesus Christ!  He opposed the conservative politics of His day and argued for the  rights of the less fortunate.

Why would we want to make this country "truly Christian" and defeat the separation of church and state. People must have the freedom to worship according to their faith, even if it doesn't agree with ours. If the bible should be taught in schools then should should the books of other religions.  That is called "freedom".  he Constitution calls for the separation of church and state.  Period.  And the comment about "adult shops" is nonsense.

Christians should be on judges benches, as the school boards, as mayors, governors, senators, President only if they are elected to serve.  

What is the church doing to try to stop ANY of the evils you see going on in society?  Preaching the message of Jesus Christ and salvation for those who believe.  That is the only way people can be saved.  Forcing people to accept Christianity is contrary to God's plan.

Your attempt to label everything you don't like as "conservative" makes no sense. But its irrelevant. Wrong is wrong, no matter what affiliation a person has.

I would want this country to return to a Christian nation because that's when people have freedom to live their lives. Today people are being sued and fired simply for having opinions. Christians have always supported freedom as long as it doesn't conflict with what God says is wrong.

The so called "separation of church and state" was invented by the courts, NOT by the founding fathers or the people. Freedom of religion was SO important to our founding fathers that they made it the very FIRST of the protected freedoms we are supposed to have. The bible SHOULD be taught in schools as it was 200 years ago. Christians DO get elected to positions of power when they run, but so few run, we aren't making much difference. Too many Christians are scared to run for office, so things only get worse. 

Of course preaching the gospel is extremely important, but so is effecting change in the world. The american church seems lazy. I know MANY people who call themselves Christians, but not a single one volunteers time, or money, to make anything outside their time better for others. It just makes me sad to see a lukewarm church in America. 

• Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

23 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Your attempt to label everything you don't like as "conservative" makes no sense. But its irrelevant. Wrong is wrong, no matter what affiliation a person has.

I would want this country to return to a Christian nation because that's when people have freedom to live their lives. Today people are being sued and fired simply for having opinions. Christians have always supported freedom as long as it doesn't conflict with what God says is wrong.

The so called "separation of church and state" was invented by the courts, NOT by the founding fathers or the people. Freedom of religion was SO important to our founding fathers that they made it the very FIRST of the protected freedoms we are supposed to have. The bible SHOULD be taught in schools as it was 200 years ago. Christians DO get elected to positions of power when they run, but so few run, we aren't making much difference. Too many Christians are scared to run for office, so things only get worse. 

Of course preaching the gospel is extremely important, but so is effecting change in the world. The american church seems lazy. I know MANY people who call themselves Christians, but not a single one volunteers time, or money, to make anything outside their time better for others. It just makes me sad to see a lukewarm church in America. 

That will be a complete and abject failure this side of the Second Coming. That you think this would work is contrary to all examples of human nature.

The US never was Christian nation outside of a generally homogenous cultural version. Even at inception, less than 10% of the population were regular church attendees.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.70

10 hours ago, teddyv said:

Even at inception, less than 10% of the population were regular church attendees.

Where can I find a verification of that statistic?

• Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

2 hours ago, FJK said:

Where can I find a verification of that statistic?

I'll have to do some looking online. A former pastor who is also a professor of Christian worldview relayed that. I recall looking it up once and verifying it myself and did find some historical research to support it.