• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Perhaps the point here is that the phrases are a kind of idiom that is frequently used throughout scripture.

Paul, was surely aware that the gospel hadn't been preach in all the world. Paul was a very intelligent man and the Romans of that day had been far and wide, as had the Greeks before. They knew of the far east. This is clear if you study up on the 'silk road'. Evidence of trade goes back at least to 200 BC.

So MY point was that there is some question about precisely what is meant in these passages--especially eschatologically--and projecting into modern times.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Your point @Alive is a good one and true in many places.  However, I believe that when speaking about what will happen at the battle of Armageddon, pertaining to the kings of the earth, we find included within that statement the words "and of the whole world," bringing more weight to meaning of all nations of the time it will happen.  Remember, this prophecy is not meant for the times of those who wrote it, but of the times of when it will happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Your point @Alive is a good one and true in many places.  However, I believe that when speaking about what will happen at the battle of Armageddon, pertaining to the kings of the earth, we find included within that statement the words "and of the whole world," bringing more weight to meaning of all nations of the time it will happen.  Remember, this prophecy is not meant for the times of those who wrote it, but of the times of when it will happen.

Thanks for a gracious response. The truth is, frankly, I do not know. Like so much, it is speculation. I give it a 75/25 leaning toward the nations surrounding Israel and historically relevant to Israel.

:-)

Unless something entirely different is going on here.

54 minutes ago, Alive said:

Thanks for a gracious response. The truth is, frankly, I do not know. Like so much, it is speculation. I give it a 75/25 leaning toward the nations surrounding Israel and historically relevant to Israel.

Unless something entirely different is going on here.

Now that this matter has been discussed, what do you think about what Joe Biden is proposing?

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Now that this matter has been discussed, what do you think about what Joe Biden is proposing?

Regarding what?

14 minutes ago, Alive said:

Regarding what?

Oh, I thought you viewed the video.  From the OP:

"This video is just a recap and is only 5:14 long discussing how Biden is offering close to $1m dollars to non-prophet organization to de-ligitimize Israel."

18 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Oh, I thought you viewed the video.  From the OP:

"This video is just a recap and is only 5:14 long discussing how Biden is offering close to $1m dollars to non-prophet organization to de-ligitimize Israel."

Got it. I watched it just now. Slow work day, as I am ahead of schedule.

In principle, I think it is simply wrong as Israel is a recognized nation, democratic and prosperous. Also a nation that contributes much in food production, natural resources and technology. All helpful.

Its hard for me to understand that the so-called squad has enough clout to infect the white house with anti-semitism, so  I suspect a bigger picture and is probably linked somehow to a 'globablist agenda'.

I believe that our current president is much influenced by Obama and his group still in the dark halls of DC. And there is evidence that such want to see the USA diminished.

How that connects to the video's content, I do not know.

There has long been a hatred of Jews, so there is that.

I suppose, as I think about this--one would have to give some consideration as to how Israel might hinder plans?

Its also possible this has something to do with oil and NG.

There is also the possibilty it has to do with the world intelligence networks. Israel is known to have been quite good at that game, and perhaps they have a great deal of dirt on major players. I would venture to say--that is a certainty.

Who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  20

Just a couple of humble opinions from me. 

The rulers on earth these days will do whatever they possibly can to rule as they want and in any way they want.  They will cast down whomever and whatever they feel is unworthy.  These rulers are puppets of satan.  Nothing should surprise us as these end times approach day by day.  

Matthew 6:34 (KJV) - Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

The other thing is that Father God is the author of the entire bible we read today.  He knew exactly what all the world was and is and He knew and knows exactly how far the heavens stretch.  We have people today who believe in a flat earth because some of mankind has gotten stuck on the God breathed words "the four corners of the earth".  It matters not what each of the writers thought about each word they wrote but only that they wrote the word of God, the Creator of all of it.

We can be silly people of God and banter back and forth about what this means or what this doesn't mean but the bottom line is that we preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost souls in our own personal world today.

My :soapbox:in love. :wub:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

19 hours ago, Alive said:

Morning kwik---I opened my bible to Col. this morning and began to read to find verse 1:6.

Col. 1:3 (NAS20S)    We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, 4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have for all the saints; 5 because of the hope reserved for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel 6 which has come to you, just as   in all the world also it is bearing fruit and increasing,

23 if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a  minister.

Difficult to start reading in Col. and not continue.

Also: Acts 2:5 (NAS20S)   Now there were Jews residing in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven.

If you do a few logical searches in bible software at home or online with words like--every, all, nation, peoples, creation, world, etc. you will find this all over the bible. Logical meaning this as an example: every <and> nation.

So I was pointing out that all and every, etc. doesn't necessarily mean, in all scriptures what it is made out to be by some folks.

Good Morning to you too!!!Halleluyah we get to see yet another day,by His New Mercies!!!!Praise Jesus!   Okay,now I'm ready to speak,lol

Thank you for that,I wanted to understand  the context of YOUR thinking & that did explain where you are coming from.....but "logic",well we can leave that for another time-lol

I do agree with you regarding the Scriptures you referenced for that specific time & place,yes -However,I don't agree within the context of the Scripture referenced regarding Armageddon and I dont believe I could have said it as well as One Light explained ....."for such a time as this"   Oh my ,we must Give God ALL the Glory for the Word He Has Given us for TODAY -I never in a million years would have thought I would still be alive to see Prophecies Fulfilled & unfolding in my time....WOW!

Again,thanks for coming back to continue,I do wish everyone would participate in this way instead of those hit & run posts    We dont always have to agree but we really should UNDERSTAND each other,be courteous enough to LISTEN ....I certainly understand WHY you posed your question,HOW you came to believe as you do and still,I disagree and you know WHY etc etc ....If only folks would realize these are non Salvational issues & not the end of the world(the ENTIRE world-lol)

Have a Blessed Day <Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Good Morning to you too!!!Halleluyah we get to see yet another day,by His New Mercies!!!!Praise Jesus!   Okay,now I'm ready to speak,lol

Thank you for that,I wanted to understand  the context of YOUR thinking & that did explain where you are coming from.....but "logic",well we can leave that for another time-lol

I do agree with you regarding the Scriptures you referenced for that specific time & place,yes -However,I don't agree within the context of the Scripture referenced regarding Armageddon and I dont believe I could have said it as well as One Light explained ....."for such a time as this"   Oh my ,we must Give God ALL the Glory for the Word He Has Given us for TODAY -I never in a million years would have thought I would still be alive to see Prophecies Fulfilled & unfolding in my time....WOW!

Again,thanks for coming back to continue,I do wish everyone would participate in this way instead of those hit & run posts    We dont always have to agree but we really should UNDERSTAND each other,be courteous enough to LISTEN ....I certainly understand WHY you posed your question,HOW you came to believe as you do and still,I disagree and you know WHY etc etc ....If only folks would realize these are non Salvational issues & not the end of the world(the ENTIRE world-lol)

Have a Blessed Day <Kwik

Morning sister Kwik. I reckon it comes down to a measure of uncertainty, that I think, ought to be faced squarely. I think sometimes when facing a measure of uncertainty, we remove the uncertainty by fitting it into a chosen construct, rather than waiting for and looking for additional information. Those constructs, whether true or not are then strengthened….in our minds.

True information always results in uncertainty reduction.

Christ, the Logos, actually means the logical reason for all things.

He made us capable of logic. It is how we are to think…if healthy.