• Days Won:  28

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

I'm sorry, but according to scripture, Amir is unfortunately mistaken, the same as I was until recently.  It only makes sense that  the last days are the last days, ie, no more days for this world once the LAST days are over.  And when Christ returns it is THE last day.  Certain things happen on the last day....one is the resurrection/rapture of the saints and the other is the judgment of this world including Israel.  Last means last, and that's why it's called the LAST day.  And how can there be a further 1000 years after even the elements of this world are burned up and gone anyway?

Jhn 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the LAST day.

Jhn 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the LAST day.

Jhn 6:54

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the LAST day.

Jhn 12:48

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall JUDGE him in the LAST day.

This world is judged and burned up on the last day including the people alive at that time who rejected the Lord and refused to repent......earth and heaven flee from His face, and that's why we the church look for a new heavens and new earth  AT THE RETURN OF CHRIST according to 2 Peter 3 (which agrees with what John wrote above).  Just put Revelation out of our head for a minute and try to read 2 Peter 3 standing on its own without trying to mix anything of Rev. in it.  Then know that how we understand Rev. needs to not contradict what Peter (and John and other scrips) are clearly saying.

I can't specifically parse everything in that book by any means, but when I reflect on how Revelation is a HEAVENLY vision....mind blowing and stupendous, and given to John years after the epistles were written, I reflect that visions can be very difficult to understand, because they can be SO 'heavenly'....speaking and showing mysteries that elude the grasp of 'earthlings' ordinarily.  If we want to try and understand Revelation at least partially, it makes sense that we need to first understand what the epistles and OT teach and then apply them TO Revelation.  Not try to work backwards FROM Revelation, because we NEED the scriptures which came earlier  to help us understand Rev......especially since so much of what Rev says is clearly a reiteration of scriptures already written. 

Edited by Heleadethme

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I'm sorry, but according to scripture, Amir is unfortunately mistaken, the same as I was until recently.  It only makes sense that  the last days are the last days, ie, no more days for this world once the LAST days are over.  And when Christ returns it is THE last day.  Certain things happen on the last day....one is the resurrection/rapture of the saints and the other is the judgment of this world including Israel.  Last means last, and that's why it's called the LAST day.  And how can there be a further 1000 years after even the elements of this world are burned up and gone anyway?

Jhn 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the LAST day.

Jhn 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the LAST day.

Jhn 6:54

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the LAST day.

Jhn 12:48

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall JUDGE him in the LAST day.

This world is judged and burned up on the last day including the people alive at that time who rejected the Lord and refused to repent......earth and heaven flee from His face, and that's why we the church look for a new heavens and new earth  AT THE RETURN OF CHRIST according to 2 Peter 3 (which agrees with what John wrote above).  Just put Revelation out of our head for a minute and try to read 2 Peter 3 standing on its own without trying to mix anything of Rev. in it.  Then know that how we understand Rev. needs to not contradict what Peter (and John and other scrips) are clearly saying.

I can't specifically parse everything in that book by any means, but when I reflect on how Revelation is a HEAVENLY vision....mind blowing and stupendous, and given to John years after the epistles were written, I reflect that visions can be very difficult to understand, because they can be SO 'heavenly'....speaking and showing mysteries that elude the grasp of 'earthlings' ordinarily.  If we want to try and understand Revelation at least partially, it makes sense that we need to first understand what the epistles and OT teach and then apply them TO Revelation.  Not try to work backwards FROM Revelation, because we NEED the scriptures which came earlier  to help us understand Rev......especially since so much of what Rev says is clearly a reiteration of scriptures already written. 

Thank you for your reply, we probably just have different opinions over the end times and that's ok ,I appreciated you commenting on the video  :)