IGNORED

First Resurrection, is it of Time Place or Rank?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

No one has been judged yet, D.  There is only one GWTJ, and that takes place after the Millennium.

Then why is there a mansion?   Why are there graves?  How can anyone be immortal before the GWTJ?  Who rules and reigns with Christ for the 1000 years.  

THAT makes no sense.  

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

Again, your have not answered. You have posted some verses without comment.

The Beast and the False Prophet are first in the Lake of Fire, followed by the goats of Matthew 25, followed those who took the mark of the Beast, followed by those at the White Throne who are first raised from the dead - Hades having given up her dead. ALL go to the Lake of Fire ALIVE.

Yes, I did.  And the answer is the SMOKE of their torment.  

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  11

18 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Then why is there a mansion?   Why are there graves?  How can anyone be immortal before the GWTJ?  Who rules and reigns with Christ for the 1000 years.  

THAT makes no sense.  

Please post the scriptures for me.  I'm pretty busy and don't have time to try and find all the scriptures you're referring to.  ....and, if you don't mind, could you just quote around three scriptures at a time.  I'll answer each one, and then we'll progress from there.   Thx, D.

Edited by Selah7
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Please post the scriptures for me.  I'm pretty busy and don't have time to try and find all the scriptures you're referring to.  ....and, if you don't mind, could you just quote around three scriptures at a time.  I'll answer each one, and then we'll progress from there.   Thx, D.

Ok

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Except the common sense the study of Gods words give us.  We are taught to discern are we not?   We are so often fighting against false doctrine it starts to chip away at what having the Holy Spirit lead and guide us through gets questioned.  We start to fight mans way WHICH DISCOUNTS what we are given LIKE IT ISN'T REAL.  

The attacks come from every way possible to SEPARATE us from GOD.  Being led by the Holy Spirit IS pushed aside for the logic of men. Common sense has no place.  BUT common sense if from GOD especially when in His words.  

WHAT you are saying is 'illogical' ask yourself IS IT?  IS IT illogical to see a ROBE being given to some one as to being given to a someone who has a body? 

NO IT ISN'T ILLOGICAL AT ALL. 

THAT is what they want us to think.  TO question even the most basic of things.  Like I said, ONLY WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORDS OF GOD DO WE HAVE DISCUSSIONS THAT ANYWHERE ELSE WOULD BE LAUGHED AT.  

We are so busy with being 'meek' we have no idea how to be BOLD.  And does it cost?  ABSOLUTELY it does.  Because the flesh of this world, the prince of this world, the ways of this world.  They MAKE you look a fool with the ways of this world.  

Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Don't you think God uses these things for us to SEE their connection or do you think it is given to show DISconnection?  

Still says 'souls'. That's the personality, not a body. I'm not saying the robes aren't meant to be worn, they are, but it's a priori and that can lead to sort of seeing blindness. The souls are told to wait till a time in the future. They are 'given' robes which is a promise as didomi isn't the wearing of the robe, it's a offer. Maybe like set on a table, "Here's your robe when the time comes." 

In any case it's souls under the altar which is the personality, not physical bodies.  

• This is Worthy 1

YOU DID IT.  You proved it.  I am going to keep calm and not write a big old thing but keep this chill, and say Thank you.  Thank you very much.  

3062. loipos 
Strong's Concordance
loipos: the rest, the remaining
Original Word: λοιπός, ή, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: loipos
Phonetic Spelling: (loy-poy')
Definition: the rest, the remaining
Usage: left, left behind, the remainder, the rest, the others.

NOT ALL OF THE DEAD, JUST the REST OF THEM.  

Where did 'the others ' go?

Can't have THE REST of the dead without having SOME OF THE DEAD resurrect BEFORE the millennium the only other time for 1000 years THANK YOU LORD.

And it's back to the resurrection of the just and unjust  aka  the dead in Christ rise first. 

Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

5The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection! The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

"The first resurrection is of the ones who held the testimony of the world of God and Jesus and were killed for it, they reign with Christ. These are the only dead resurrected at this point. The the rest of the dead, those not resurrected to reign with Christ, wait till the 1000 years ends. 

FOR US TO RULE AND REIGN OVER.  ok, not as chill as I was hoping but I LOVE THIS.  Some will find their names in the book of life, some will find themselves in the lake of fire.  But the dead LIVED NOT as in did not receive immortality until judgment.  Cognate: 2198 záō – to live, experience God's gift of life.  AKA IMMORTALITY

It's these little 'details' that make ALL the difference.  What a wonderful miraculous work the heavens and the earth are, BUT WHAT an insanely miraculous work the WORDS OF GOD ARE.  Definitely purified 7 times.  Once it really grabs ahold of you that the words of God are perfect, PURIFIED 7 times  AND   Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

According to Paul and Jesus the 1st resurrection is one of righteousness to reign with Christ. 

The nations are not all wiped out according to Zech 14.

The righteous reign with Jesus over the nations for 1000 years till the resurrection of death.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

What about when the angels took Lazarus and the rich man was buried?  What about you will follow?  He told him and if it wasn't so would he have said so?  I go to...you follow after....IF there is a delay UNTIL He returns then there is no 'follow after' at all there is a 'wait till I return'.   

WHAT makes you think there is a delay?  And what would be the purpose?  Don't you feel the sense of urgency in the conversation with Peter?  Why can't I stay with you.  I will die now if if means I go where you go when you go.  But he still had a job to do but Jesus assured him YOU WILL FOLLOW ME.  I will come to you and bring you to the Father so you can be where I am.  Son of man talking to a son of man.  Jesus isn't talking like it isn't going to be in some form unknown.  It will be Peter in a heavenly body.  It isn't mystical,  it is just unseen right now.  

We have to aware at all times the context is eternity, one of the contexts. But eternity is a reality that's over everything written. The central preaching of Jesus is life over death, and that life is eternal. So whatever short chaotic life we lead on earth is not the pov we should have concerning the promises of God. We must perceive everything He says concerning prophecy from the pov of the eternal God. 

Now or later the promises of eternity are sure and reliable.

18 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

1Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

THAT is how long it takes.  Is it always that fast?  I don't know.  

Yes, the transition from corruption to incorruption takes a mere moment, that doesn't speak to how long the body had been in the ground.

Lazarus came out in the same body.  He was still wrapped.  He died, but he didn't RISE.  BUT that is not OUR example for what happens at death that is an example about JESUS having POWER OVER death  itself. 

He did rise from the dead. The text says he was dead and probably stinking. Jesus command him to come forth from the dead, and he did.

Should we take examples that are clearly meant for one purpose and ascribe them as being 'what happens' even in the face of Scripture that is clearly put forth for that specific purpose?  I personally don't believe we should.  I think we are given enough wisdom and knowledge to be able to discern that what is specifically written on the subject of death and resurrection,  should be the go to,  and not Jesus showing of His Power from of the Father.  I think that brings about confusion and makes me think of how we are not to put linen with wool.  It just doesn't work out well for Gods Truth.  

I hope this helps clear up 'the point',  in some manner.  

I think I was pointing out that time isn't a factor, eternity is. An eternal God is in control so no matter what the passage of time is to us God is not so bound. We are slaves to time, God is outside time, timeless. And so are our spirits as our spirit comes from Him.

The 'imperishability' isn't immortality.  Imperishable still faces 2nd death.  

It is impossible to be give LIFE ETERNAL and then to be FOUND DEAD.  If this were ANY OTHER SUBJECT either than the words of GOD we would never even be having this conversation.  

EX.  I am going to ADD a million dollars to your bank account every time it drops one cent below 5 million dollars,  for all eternity.  

When I come to see you, you haven't a dime.  

IS THAT POSSIBLE?  

Well, I don't know what not perishable or not corruptible means to you but generally it means not perishable and not corruptible.

aphtharsia: incorruptibility

Original Word: ἀφθαρσία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: aphtharsia
Phonetic Spelling: (af-thar-see'-ah)
Definition: incorruptibility
Usage: indestructibility, incorruptibility; hence: immortality.

HELPS Word-studies

Cognate: 861 aphtharsía – properly, no-corruption (unable to experience deterioration); incorruptibility (not perishable), i.e. lacking the very capacity to decay or constitutionally break down. See 862a (aphthartos).

The usage and sense here is immortality. Clearly Paul is saying this is immortality. The dead in Christ rise imperishable and immortal.

The only CHANGE that comes at the last trump FOR THE SAVED is the alive and remaining being changed.  

Do you understand why 'the dead' rising  AT THAT TIME CAN'T become IMMORTAL?

Do you understand why you've misread the text?

1 Cor 15

"For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable"

indestructibility, incorruptibility; hence: immortality.

HELPS Word-studies

Cognate: 861 aphtharsía – properly, no-corruption (unable to experience deterioration); incorruptibility (not perishable), i.e. lacking the very capacity to decay or constitutionally break down. See 862a (aphthartos)