IGNORED

Why were the SACRIFICES NECESSARY BEFORE ... Will they be re-instituted again ... and if so WHY?

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Heaven_Bound said:

If only 1 side represents the truth, and we're on a site that promotes the absolute truth, why would we desire for someone to possibly accept something that would mislead them.

I keep reading this is not a Salvation Issue when debates get heated.

But WHO do you think Jesus was talking about when He said, they will say we did great things in Your Name, cast out demons, etc etc etc...and Jesus replies to them, I NEVER KNEW YOU DEPART FROM ME!

I think many things are Salvation Issues and worth going to bat to correct anyone proposing something that is not the TRUTH!

Jesus was talking to people or said that to people who were still alive, and who were his own, people who were saved and had their sins forgiven in his blood. 

1 minute ago, Heaven_Bound said:

Jesus is talking about people who know of God enough to use His Name to see Miracles, Demons cast out, possibly people saved.  And He tells them to Depart from Me you workers of Iniquity!

What is a good example of worker of Iniquity in this discussion?

Presenting False Doctrine that someone might accept and cause them to lose their Salvation over?

This not a good example, no it is not. 

They were people of the faith and preached the Gospel and pray for miracles...they did not denied miracles and refused to pray and recognize the power in the name of Jesus Christ.

But doing some things which are defined as iniquity in the scriptures are things that do not define who Jesus Christ is, and this is that there is not iniquity in him.

He called them workers of iniquity not unbelievers or believers in God only but not Jesus Christ. People without Jesus Christ cannot have God.

There is no way that someone can be with God without first believe in Jesus Christ. 

There is no forgiveness of sins outside faith in the Lamb of God who shed his blood to free us from our sins.

There is no Eternal Life outside the forgiveness of sins in the blood of Jesus Christ...This is why Jesus Christ had to die first before he can give the eternal Life to anyone.  

Jesus Christ while they were alive he told them that he has removed their lam stand from his presence. 

38 minutes ago, Heaven_Bound said:

He said, Depart from Me!

So as they were doing good things in the Name of Christ, they clearly were doing things that Christ did not approve of.

False Doctrine could be exactly what Christ does not approve of.

So to say let people decide for themselves, if they don't know False Doctrine from the True Doctrine, we need to guide them, not let them fail.

Jesus said: Depart from me, I never knew you.

Jesus did not say that to them for the good things they were doing, but because of their works of iniquity. 

We can say that they wanted Jesus to reward them and recognize them, and Jesus informed them that they are not close to him, they are far away from him because of their works of iniquity. 

Jesus wanted to show them that he hates works of iniquity, and he was asking them to repent first before they can be closer to his light.

That their works of iniquity were the works of darkness and not the works of the light.

Jesus showed then where they were, so they can repent.

A work of iniquity is to Lord it over others, with intimations and threats of exocomunicating or shaming, because they are looking to fine their way. Or because they do not enrich the coffins of the Church the leaders do not welcome them or pray for them with their heart, perhaps only as their duty. And they distance themselves from them and are giving them the cold shoulder...

Perhaps the Lord was Judging them the same way they were Judging others.

Because he is the good Shepherd and they wanted to be close to the good Shepherd but their works of iniquity they are not the works of the light, of the good Shepherd. They did not love the brethren the way Jesus was asking them and he had to tell them so they knew it and repent. Before he accepts them as being close to him to his light they had to forsake and repent from those works.

Not all misunderstanding of scripture or doctrine is the same, and of the same degree. 

Some may be and some are not.

As the disciples said not all sins are of the same seriousness and not all misadventures are the same of the same degree.

Jesus called to his banquet those from the by ways and the hi-ways. 

He fellowship with the publicans.

But at the same time he had banquets with those who were closed to him. Closed doors banquets for them only. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

21 minutes ago, Heaven_Bound said:

But His Message was not just specific to the Disciples, it is for everyone.   And I am saying iniquity is many things including False doctrine but you want to go off onto other tangents.   So I must not be making myself clear because this began with your post to missmuffet about letting new Believers choose what they want to believe.   And I pointed out that is dangerous because False Doctrines seem like a truth when it is not.  It is iniquity.   But we ended up discussing the meaning behind what Christ was saying on Judgement Day, when we both agree those Verses mean and are intended for.

Anyway, to the original point, we cannot just let new Believers choose any Doctrine when we are aware which ones are Biblical and which ones are Deceptive.   Isn't that how Eve ate of the Tree of Knowledge?

I have to bring to your attention that I never said that we should let new believers choose their doctrines from the bucket. 

Please re-visit the post to missmuffet. 

What I said was that sooner or later they will hear about many things we may want to protect them from. 

That it is better to hear those things here, so they can also hear the truth and they learn to defend and be grounded in the truth and learn to help others around them to see the light...please revisit that first post. 

Not all our doctrines are perfect. 

And Jesus is invite us to believe before we get our doctrines perfect...even before we even understand in depth what we have believe because we believe by following the prompting of the Holy Spirit. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

@Heaven bound, we had a good conversation and we were able to communicate.

God bless 

1 minute ago, Heaven_Bound said:

Amen!

Yeah, no need for argument, we both want the same thing, God's Will to be done!

God Bless!

And again we need to search for what is the perfect will of God, and the Holy Spirit can help us. 

We are being corrected that's one way to know that we are grounded in the truth. 

Jesus disciples were believing that Jesus does not have to die, and they try to correct Jesus not say that soon he will die.

Did Jesus told them you are in darkness and far away from me. No he did not ,he was patient with them waiting until the right time. 

After the Penticost they were only preached the Gospel to the Israelites and they involved the water baptism at the beginning...till the Lord showed to Peter during his visit to Cornelius that the water baptism is not what he wants from people to forgive their sins, that he forgives their sins when they believe that he died for the forgiveness of their sins. 

And Peter was accused of heresy from others who questioned him...some they followed him and some did not... but the Lord saved them all. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, George said:

SIN will still exist during the 1000 year reign!  I made that point all too clear.  Did you not read it?

Shalom, George, and Chag Sameach!

There's also a PRACTICAL reason for the sacrifices: The Levi'iym will be reinstated in the Land and they will not be allowed to inherit the Land because their inheritance will be the work of the Temple and service to Adonai!

They will need food and seasonings, meat and vegetables and fruit. All these are also provided by the sacrifices of the people. Besides, God LOVES the smell of a good barbecue, the "burning fat!"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Alive said:

Not all can be correct, but all can certainly be wrong. Eschatology is a messy space and have have labored much on the forum to convince brethren to respect that and each other. There is far too much lack of love and maturity evident. Sad. It doesn't have to be that way.

Well said

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,794
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, George, and Chag Sameach!

Chag Sameach!  Pesach ... I love this feast ... amazing how we'll celebrate this for a LONG LONG TIME!  :)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,794
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

There's also a PRACTICAL reason for the sacrifices: The Levi'iym will be reinstated in the Land and they will not be allowed to inherit the Land because their inheritance will be the work of the Temple and service to Adonai!

They will need food and seasonings, meat and vegetables and fruit. All these are also provided by the sacrifices of the people. Besides, God LOVES the smell of a good barbecue, the "burning fat!"

Always the practical ... usually is most obvious is easily forgotten! :)