IGNORED

Why were the SACRIFICES NECESSARY BEFORE ... Will they be re-instituted again ... and if so WHY?

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I think this is also important to consider on that 'day'.

Notice verse 11. the author of Hebrews is quoting from Jer. 31 as well as referencing Ex. 19 and Deut. 5.

7 For if that first covenant had been free of fault, no circumstances would have been sought for a second. 8 For in finding fault with the people, He says,   BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD,    WHEN I WILL BRING ABOUT A NEW COVENANT   WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND THE HOUSE OF JUDAH,

9 NOT LIKE THE COVENANT WHICH I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS   ON THE DAY I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND   TO BRING THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT;   FOR THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT,   AND I DID NOT CARE ABOUT THEM, SAYS THE LORD.

10  FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT WHICH I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL   AFTER THOSE DAYS, DECLARES THE LORD:    I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS,   AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS.   AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD,   AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

11  AND THEY WILL NOT TEACH, EACH ONE HIS FELLOW CITIZEN,   AND EACH ONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, ‘KNOW THE LORD,’   FOR THEY WILL ALL KNOW ME,   FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hebrews is just amazing in its clarity! I can't get enough.

:-)

4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says,   “YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED SACRIFICE AND OFFERING,   BUT YOU HAVE PREPARED A BODY FOR ME;

6  YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN PLEASURE IN WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND OFFERINGS FOR SIN.

7  “THEN I SAID, ‘BEHOLD, I HAVE COME   (IT IS WRITTEN OF ME IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK)   TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.’”

Heb. 10:8 (NAS20S)   After saying above, “SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND OFFERINGS FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE IN THEM” (which are offered according to the Law), 9 then He said, “BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second. 10 By this will, we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.

• Well Said! 1

He quotes Psalm 40:6

Psa. 40:6 (ESVS)    In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted,   but you have given me an open ear.   Burnt offering and sin offering   you have not required.

Continuing on:

Hebrews

10:37  FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE,   HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY.

38  BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE WILL LIVE BY FAITH;   AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.

Is. 26:20 (ESVS)    Come, my people, enter your chambers,   and shut your doors behind you;   hide yourselves for a little while   until the fury has passed by.

Hab. 2:3 (ESVS)  For still the vision awaits its appointed time;   it hastens to the end—it will not lie.   If it seems slow, wait for it;    it will surely come; it will not delay.

“Blasted be the bones of those who calculate the end. For they would say, since the predetermined time has arrived, and yet he has not come, he will never come. But (even so), wait for him, as it is written, Though he tarry, wait for him “ (Tal Sanhedrin 97b).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, Alive said:

He quotes Psalm 40:6

Psa. 40:6 (ESVS)    In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted,   but you have given me an open ear.   Burnt offering and sin offering   you have not required.

And that same Psalmist affirms the GOODNESS of sacrifices (Ps.51:19).

Paul tells us to sing about (not cancel!) the Psalms (Eph5:19;Col.3:16).

So let's sing about the goodness of animal sacrifices, and how they point to the Messiah (Rom.10:4) who points us right back to ongoing Torah (Mt.4:4;5:19;7:21-23;13:41-42;23:2-3,23,34;Lk.10:25-28), even sacrificial offerings (Mt.5:24).

That's why 1st-century believers continued to sacrifice animals (Ac.6:7)...because it's commanded by God!

And it will happen again in the future, per God's requirements (Dt. 30:1-8;Zec.14;Is.66;Jer.33;Mal.3;Eze.40-47).

Blessings...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Heaven_Bound said:

How am I trying to convince myself when the Scripture [[BLATANTLY]] makes the same claim as I do?

In fact, the Scripture is so [[Crystal Clear]] I don't even have to interpret it, I just have to accept it and believe it.

How did you test your understanding of the specific scripture as your foundation. 

Did anyone said  anything to make you ignore and no to considered what the Rabbi in Hebrews wrote. 

Did the psalmist said anything to the contrary of Hebrews 12;21-22.

21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Edited by George
Removed personal attack in the post that was quoted

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Alive said:

My whole point these last couple years has been that regarding 'end times' stuff, we need to realize we cannot be certain our understanding is complete and without error.

This is dramatically evident when so many honest seeking brethren are convinced God has shown the 'the full truth' and yet differ widely from other brethren. So I repeat because it is really important. Important for unity and important for Love's sake.

Not all can be correct, but all can very well be wrong.

I am grateful for the example you set/humility shown.

God bless

2 minutes ago, B-B said:

I am grateful for the example you set/humility shown.

God bless

Thank you for the kind word, however, I am as prideful as the next guy and acutely aware of it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

Thank you for the kind word, however, I am as prideful as the next guy and acutely aware of it.

.... Not necessarily kindness...more gratitude, especially for The words : we cannot be certain that our understanding is complete and without error.

This shows humility....acknowledging that there is a chance that we could have misunderstood. 

This is an example to follow.

Edited by B-B
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, B-B said:

.... Not necessarily kindness...more gratitude, especially for The words : we cannot be certain that our understanding is complete and without error.

This shows humility....acknowledging that there is a chance that we could have misunderstood. 

This is an example to follow.

Amen!