• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,855
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

The Holy Spirit teaches me outside of scripture because the Holy Spirit is not the word (scripture), but the helper.

The Holy Spirit helps guide me through life in all manners of decision making by reminding me what the word says about my current situation.

John 14:26 (KJV)

[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The purpose of God Through The Holy Spirit
Prov 1:21
23 Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you. 
NKJV

John 16:14-15
14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.  15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. 
NKJV

John 15:26-27

26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.  27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning. 
NKJV

John 17:17 (KJV)

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

The Scripture is the objective truth of God to all people and by it all things must be brought into account with said Scripture... 

Acts 17:10 (KJV)

[10] And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

[12] Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

[13] But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

[14] And then immediately the brethren sent away Paul to go as it were to the sea: but Silas and Timotheus abode there still.

[15] And they that conducted Paul brought him unto Athens: and receiving a commandment unto Silas and Timotheus for to come to him with all speed, they departed.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

5 hours ago, Sower said:

"those without scripture throughout history, did fine. Why? Because of our Shepherd and Christ within and the Paraclete"

For sure. And also, those who had the scriptures written in their hearts who shared the word, mouth to mouth. Today, we, who have so much more, will be  required much, when our time comes to give an answer to our creator, for our testimony..

No, you were not clear Brother, not for me but here you were when you say" they would be lost without record of the Written Word"

Again in one accord & to Sower no curve balls

You do understand where Im coming from right? I hope so but I know youll let me know if not❤

5 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

John 14:26 (KJV)

[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The purpose of God Through The Holy Spirit
Prov 1:21
23 Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you. 
NKJV

John 16:14-15
14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.  15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. 
NKJV

John 15:26-27

26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.  27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning. 
NKJV

John 17:17 (KJV)

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

The Scripture is the objective truth of God to all people and by it all things must be brought into account with said Scripture... 

Acts 17:10 (KJV)

[10] And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

[12] Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

[13] But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

[14] And then immediately the brethren sent away Paul to go as it were to the sea: but Silas and Timotheus abode there still.

[15] And they that conducted Paul brought him unto Athens: and receiving a commandment unto Silas and Timotheus for to come to him with all speed, they departed.

Thank you for quoting all the Scripture Ive been referring to becsuse Im on my phone with bad reception & cannot copy/ paste!

And.... I was actually waiting as I knew you would- Praise Jesus!!!!

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

32 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Your saying Holy Spirit teaches you OUTSIDE.   of Scripture & then you said REMINDING me what THE WORD Says

What I mean is not everything I need help with is found in scripture as my exact circumstance l, but the helper guides me through my situation referring to scripture along the way. 

Also there have been times I didn’t know stuff was in the Bible but searched it out with help.

Edited by Hopefully
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Students complain about this so much there are even funny videos made about it.

When a student doesn’t understand something and asks the teacher for help, but all the teacher does is read the question again but slowly.

The helper doesn’t just remind me of scripture but gives me an understanding of it as it applies to my life situations.

Edited by Hopefully
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,298
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:
7 hours ago, Sower said:

"those without scripture throughout history, did fine. Why? Because of our Shepherd and Christ within and the Paraclete"

For sure. And also, those who had the scriptures written in their hearts who shared the word, mouth to mouth. Today, we, who have so much more, will be  required much, when our time comes to give an answer to our creator, for our testimony..

No, you were not clear Brother, not for me but here you were when you say" they would be lost without record of the Written Word"

Again in one accord & to Sower no curve balls

You do understand where Im coming from right? I hope so but I know youll let me know if not❤

Hi kwik.
If you look what I posted (above) you will see I did not say/post;

"here you were when you say" they would be lost without record of the Written Word"

I believe the word can be received through reading the written word, hearing the word, and even feeling the written word (Helen Keller through hand sign)
It's the hearing/understanding of what's written, God's word, that causes a change in the thinking, called repentance.
No matter the delivery method, eating the word gives life.

Hope that answers any confusion, and thanks for your reply, kwik.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Sower said:

Hi kwik.
If you look what I posted (above) you will see I did not say/post;

"here you were when you say" they would be lost without record of the Written Word"

I believe the word can be received through reading the written word, hearing the word, and even feeling the written word (Helen Keller through hand sign)
It's the hearing/understanding of what's written, God's word, that causes a change in the thinking, called repentance.
No matter the delivery method, eating the word gives life.

Hope that answers any confusion, and thanks for your reply, kwik.

Was talking to Brother Alive as he said something like" I thought I made it clear,.,,"

I answered?"No, not to me?.......

I believe every single thing you Believe & it seems to me so does every Brother & Sister who has been in this discussion with us

Its very difficult for me to understand that if someone says sonething exactly HOW someone else would express it they give them kudos( which is great) but then have to insert thst no one else Understands Gods Word..... It hurts my heart, and then you agree with someone which they misunderstand as you have not ( eg: now my Sister thinks I was saying shes emotional, Calvinist & I better Never say whstever_ it was edited quickly & Im glad)

See the constant confusion? Now becsuse I quoted whst my Sister wrote(,because we were in one accord) now I must explain to her I was repeating where Brother Steven was coming from....& no one ever accused her of not having a Spiritual experience even though she didnt say " Spiritual"...... Im just not nit picky so I immediately assumed she did mean " Spiritual".... Brother Steven made sure to specify, I thought that was good stuff

This is whst wears me out

Btw, loved thr dialogue between you & Brother Alive👍

Oh & Sis please excuse thr million typos( Inhope its readable) Im on the stupid phone now becsuse laptop msking me cuckoo

Just read your post( you type way to fast' lol) it posted before mine.  Anyway, I wish you were here too, I know Id have help and thank you for all your support & encouragement- it arrived just in time- Gods Perfect Time

Glory to God- in Christ

xoxoxo ❤💋🤗

• Praying! 1

47 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Unfortunately,Brother Enoob And I have history, I’ve been here  under different names, i was never banned, just got fed up with being called many names in the past, I wasn’t strong enough in the Lord or studied enough to  have the right wording to answer back.

Not getting personal just explaining, Most of what enoob posts I don’t understand, his interpretation of scripture is very ,very different to how I interpret the word of God....not saying mine is right, but in honesty, it’s extremely the opposite to his most of the time, he can’t “ force” me to read into scripture what he reads, sorry it ain’t happening,I’m led by the Holy Spirit, not enoob....don’t get me wrong I listen, but that’s as far as it goes,..any confusion,I’m out,God Never ever confuses me, he just pulls me out of confusion.

Now I’m back and make no mistake I know who I am in Christ Jesus, sorry if that sounds “ Arrogant “ I can assure you it’s not meant to, on saying that Sis, I used to be a “ People Pleaser”......now I’m a “ God Pleaser.

I stand by God’s word, if it upsets people,well I’m sorry, God is number one!.he ain’t second best no more or ever again.

He Is Above All Other Names And His Name,Rules For All Of Eternity!...Amen!

Another thin kwik, I am from the UK, I haven’t a clue what a lot of you Americans are saying, what on earth is a Kurve balls?

enoob, without getting personal, has questioned my faith many times in the past, but we won’t go there....

God is ALIVE and Active...he can do whatever is pleasing to him...from what I read of enoob posts, he “restrains” the Lord...I don’t think enoob understands that , God can do what ever pleases him.

ennob is strictly concentrated on the bible, and can’t see outside of it, that is my opinion.....

He can’t see that God can do what ever is pleasing to him....I may be wrong, but that’s what I see, you must read your bible to be saved, that’s enoob belief.

my belief is the polar opposite, to his....

in the end it’s Gods word that counts...not ennob  or mine.

Brother Steven wont mind whst I say in the least.....

I know " enoob" can be hard to read, when I first came to Worthy I thoughy " man that fellow is deep, cant quite follow along" Lol- he certainly does march to a different drum but after really really listening to him did I realize he is on a whole different Spiritual level than I( & most) Hes got a single focus( not teally, hes also a total goof ball! )But that focus is fixed on Above, Heavenly, Spirit...very far from physical..... What I aspire to be like actuslly

So the funny thing to me is you both are similar more than you know.... he is most definitely NOT a people pleaser .... Pleasing & acceptable to God is what matters

Sometimed Id be gobsmacked when my Brother would talk about how wonderful it'll be to leave this life while I was/ am battling cancer and clinging to life.... He loves me and he speaks Truth when I want to hear"its okay Sis, God will heal you, you are gonna remain in this body a long time"..... You see, hes more than ready, Im not quite where he is

Anyway, enough about him- we are do far off Topic it aint even fumny😀And a curve ball means a remark snuck in to throw you off, easily missed, came out of nowhere.... The expression comes from Americas sport" Baseball"... Thr pitcher throws the ball to a batter & uses different styles so he strikes out....   Thats why I reacted with " ha ha"

Love you- lets get back to business?🙏

Never! A blue god with short legs and a huge head? Nah:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

• Haha 3