Should I...?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I can think of a couple of times I have done this. The flesh is weak and I am human and I need grace, and salvation, and the holy spirit to convict me and lead me towards repentance. Yes, I have been in this situation. Blessings. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

47 minutes ago, love child said:

Yes...I know.  And I agree.  I'm not trying to pick a fight here...I was just stating.  Just so you know, I AM waiting on God.  I have not just gone off and did my own thing!  Was just asking???  That's all.

Wise choice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

13 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

Yes, I can think of a couple of times I have done this. The flesh is weak and I am human and I need grace, and salvation, and the holy spirit to convict me and lead me towards repentance. Yes, I have been in this situation. Blessings. 

Matthew 26:41

Watch and pray that you vmay not enter into temptationThe spirit indeed is willingbut the flesh is weak.”

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,771
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  222
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

A lot depends on what the problem is ... I am presuming that if it has been going on for a few years it is not harmful or dangerous to others that cannot defend themselves  ( if that is not the case then do something NOW ) 

If it is not harming anyone else then how do you know nothing is changing ? As my grand mother used to say " Gods time is not our time and you have to learn to hurry up and wait "

Praying that you have peace about whatever you choose to do ( even if it is nothing as you have handed it over to God )  :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

26 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Wise choice.

Yes.  I agree with you🙂🤗

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

18 hours ago, love child said:

Should I meddle in something that I prayed about and gave it over to God?  I don't want this to be a huge mistake, but it's been years and the problem is still there!  Has anyone else here, gave a problem over to God, only to pick it back up and made the problem worse because you didn't leave it in God's hands???  Anybody???

Sometimes a prayer might take months or years to kick in, so patience seems the best approach..:)

Example- I once lived high up in a tower block and was very depressed, and as I looked at the dull dreary cityscape from my window I mumbled "I wish I could see some water somewhere, a river or stream or even a duckpond".

About 10 years later I moved to another city and can now see the Atlantic ocean out my window, some "duckpond"..:) 

The amazing thing is that I never consciously decided to move, rather it was as if God "stage-managed" a string of events in my life to "engineer" me into moving and I'm not depressed any more..:)  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

55 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Matthew 26:41

Watch and pray that you vmay not enter into temptationThe spirit indeed is willingbut the flesh is weak.”

Yep. :t2:

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

13 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Sometimes a prayer might take months or years to kick in, so patience seems the best approach..:)

Example- I once lived high up in a tower block and was very depressed, and as I looked at the dull dreary cityscape from my window I mumbled "I wish I could see some water somewhere, a river or stream or even a duckpond".

About 10 years later I moved to another city and can now see the Atlantic ocean out my window, some "duckpond"..:) 

The amazing thing is that I never consciously decided to move, rather it was as if God "stage-managed" a string of events in my life to "engineer" me into moving and I'm not depressed any more..:)  

Blessings, dear brother!  It is glorious to hear that you are no longer depressed because of your immediate surroundings!🙂  I am happy to hear that God orchestrated your path for the desire that He placed in your heart!  I, too, am waiting.  For me, it has been years, and I'm still waiting and believing.  I'm just not sure if in my waiting, I had done all that I was supposed to do in this issue that I'm facing?!  I have prayed to God about it (what else am I supposed to do?), and am waiting for His answer.  Because if I haven't done all that I'm supposed to do, then maybe that's why it's taking as long as it is for things to turn around?!?  IDK?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Prayers have more power if we do our bit to help them along, for example a Christian acquaintance of mine believes in putting himself in God's hands 100 per cent of the time and his life is a mess because he won't lift a finger to help himself.

I've gently pointed out to him this verse that indicates God wants us to take control of our lives rather than leave it all up to him..:)

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline" (2 Tim 1:7)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  337
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,091
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

Shalom, my dear. 😊 

I've experienced hardships because of my lack of patience, so instead of waiting for His timing, I tried to figure it out by myself. I regret it deeply, as I got badly hurt and I hurt others, but the Lord forgave me and taught me to wait on Him. 

Nevertheless, it may be times where we, as you, really want to do His will, but we are not certain if the time is there. 

In those situations, I ask Abba Father to close the door which is not from Him, and open the door which is, and I trust that He will do it. 😊 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1