Should I...?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Should I meddle in something that I prayed about and gave it over to God?  I don't want this to be a huge mistake, but it's been years and the problem is still there!  Has anyone else here, gave a problem over to God, only to pick it back up and made the problem worse because you didn't leave it in God's hands???  Anybody???

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, love child said:

Should I meddle in something that I prayed about and gave it over to God?  I don't want this to be a huge mistake, but it's been years and the problem is still there!  Has anyone else here, gave a problem over to God, only to pick it back up and made the problem worse because you didn't leave it in God's hands???  Anybody???

Yes, I think we as God's people can "meddle" in things that we have given to God to fix and handle.

Think about Abraham and Sarah.  God kept promising them a son and for decades, it never happened.  They meddled to the point of messing things up.

• Genesis 15 teaches that Abraham wanted to make his trusted servant his adopted son.  That's not what God had promised to Abraham.  Abraham was trying to hurry things up.  God told him no - that the son would come from Abraham's own body.
  • Genesis 16 teaches that Sarah wanted to use a surrogate mother.  Abraham agreed as that would be a child that was his biologically.

They were both wrong.  Now to add a little information to partially defend them.  Both Hebrews 11 and Romans 4 say that Sarah was beyond the time of women and Abraham considered his 100-year-old body as "good as dead".  But they had faith anyway.

I think they saw what their meddling had done with the birth of Ishmael.  Fourteen years later - they meddled no more. acknowledged their own worn out bodies, acknowledged GOD, and had Isaac.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Yes, I think we as God's people can "meddle" in things that we have given to God to fix and handle.

Think about Abraham and Sarah.  God kept promising them a son and for decades, it never happened.  They meddled to the point of messing things up.

• Genesis 15 teaches that Abraham wanted to make his trusted servant his adopted son.  That's not what God had promised to Abraham.  Abraham was trying to hurry things up.  God told him no - that the son would come from Abraham's own body.
  • Genesis 16 teaches that Sarah wanted to use a surrogate mother.  Abraham agreed as that would be a child that was his biologically.

They were both wrong.  Now to add a little information to partially defend them.  Both Hebrews 11 and Romans 4 say that Sarah was beyond the time of women and Abraham considered his 100-year-old body as "good as dead".  But they had faith anyway.

I think they saw what their meddling had done with the birth of Ishmael.  Fourteen years later - they meddled no more. acknowledged their own worn out bodies, acknowledged GOD, and had Isaac.

I am so very tempted to add to this and I do think you're right!  I don't believe we should sit around and do nothing, but we should do all we can on our end and let God handle what we can't!  Right?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

It hard to be patient.  This reminds me of something I posted a couple of times here, years ago.

On 5/18/2009 at 9:17 PM, OneLight said:

That is the problem we all face about certain issues, especially the ones we hold the closest to our hearts. Many years ago, I was told a story of then child who had been playing with his favorite toy truck. One day, the tire fell off. Crying because his favorite toy was broken, he picked it up and went to his father to fix it. His father reached down and wiped the tears away and asked his son what was wrong. His son told him that he had broken his favorite toy and ask his father if he would fix it. His father said he would. After waiting awhile, the son started crying once again. The father asked him what was wrong and his son asked him why he had not started to fix the toy. The father, after wiping the sons tears away once more, said to him, "Son, if you want me to fix your broken toy, you first must let go of it."

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, love child said:

I am so very tempted to add to this and I do think you're right!  I don't believe we should sit around and do nothing, but we should do all we can on our end and let God handle what we can't!  Right?

Seek God, seek his will, seek his Word, seek godly counsel, and do daily what you can to honor and bring glory to Him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

14 hours ago, love child said:

You can pray again, "Lord is it time for me to step in? Please give me clear biblical and other guidance."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

16 hours ago, love child said:

That is because you are not truly giving the problem to God. There can be consequences to our choices. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

27 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That is because you are not truly giving the problem to God. There can be consequences to our choices. 

Oh...I know, dear one!  That's why I'm asking???  I still believe that God wants us to do all we can on our end, and He will take care of the rest!  Right?  I know that my going out on my own can have dire consequences, I've done it before!!!  But now having prayed for God to "turn things around", I'm wondering if I have done everything in my power, to try and remedy the issue?  That's where I'm at with this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, love child said:

Oh...I know, dear one!  That's why I'm asking???  I still believe that God wants us to do all we can on our end, and He will take care of the rest!  Right?  I know that my going out on my own can have dire consequences, I've done it before!!!  But now having prayed for God to "turn things around", I'm wondering if I have done everything in my power, to try and remedy the issue?  That's where I'm at with this.

We need to give our lives, hearts and minds to God 100%. We pray to God and give Him control then we let the Holy Spirit work within us. To guide and direct us. We sit back and see what God will do. We don't pray to God and then the next minute go off and do what we want to do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We need to give our lives, hearts and minds to God 100%. We pray to God and give Him control then we let the Holy Spirit work within us. To guide and direct us. We sit back and see what God will do. We don't pray to God and then the next minute go off and do what we want to do. 

Yes...I know.  And I agree.  I'm not trying to pick a fight here...I was just stating.  Just so you know, I AM waiting on God.  I have not just gone off and did my own thing!  Was just asking???  That's all.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1