• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

2 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

What does it mean that he knew us before we were born?  How long did he know us?  For thousands for years, for a few years.  Only God knows.

Truly only God knows.

2 hours ago, Not me said:

Seeing how we were all ‘in Adam’ when he was first created, it would have to apply to all his posterity…

We are getting into the deep things of God indeed.

43 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

It means that GOD knows the past, present, and future. Since GOD is outside of time, He knew us since before the beginning of time.

Truly God knew us before we existed in the earth because we each already existed in Him.

John 1:[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
[4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

3 minutes ago, branchesofHim said:

Truly God knew us before we existed in the earth because we each already existed in Him

He knew that we would exist in the future, which is always the present with GOD.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

2 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

He knew that we would exist in the future, which is always the present with GOD.

Yes. We already existed in Him. 

Revelation 20:[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

1 Corinthians 15:[21] For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
[22] For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

Sure, yes that's part of what the irony could be.  What if the truth is actually beyond that?  What if we truly our old souls meaning that our souls already preexisted for maybe thousands of year prior to coming to this planet?  The Bible kind of hints at that but doesn't say directly.  Of course, some mysteries we may not know in this life.  Just an interesting thought.

There is a lot of "what if's" there. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

23 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

what if all of us truly are old souls? 

Hello,

My takes is even if we are old souls in the manner you explain, it is being done fairly where nobody can remember to have an advantage over the test before us here.

God is good and fair in all his ways.

Edited by Hopefully
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/30/2022 at 11:43 AM, Amigo42 said:

In Christianity, this idea isn't focused upon in much detail, but what if all of us truly are old souls?  Let me explain.  Jesus had existed already prior to his incarnation as a human.  How do we know it wasn't the same for all of us? 

Follow my line of thinking here.  Imagine you are an eternal being or soul that has lived for thousands or millions of years.  You've maybe only seen perfect worlds, and maybe you wanted a challenge.  So you choose to incarnate in the toughest, most baddest planet in the universe, earth.  People who make it through this life are greeted as war heroes when they return home to God.

At the risk of eternity in hell?

No thanks!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

54 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Hello,

My takes is even if we are old souls in the manner you explain, it is being done fairly where nobody can remember to have an advantage over the test before us here.

God is good and fair in all his ways.

Right.  Those are my thoughts exactly.  If that is the case, then I think it is done intentionally.  If we had all the knowledge and secrets of the universe when we come here, then that's akin to cheating on the exam when everyone else has to learn by experience.  I think that's the point.  We're here to learn to love God and our fellow human here because this may be the only world where there is a clear contrast of what is not love.  I think that's the point of life.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

There is a lot of "what if's" there. 

True enough. 

3 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

Not sure where you are going with this?

It's a unique perspective that has some implications about the true purpose of our lives here.  For example, if earth is just a temporary pit stop in the path of eternity, then where else have we lived during our soul's existence.  Maybe some of us were living in other perfect worlds for millenia, and maybe some of us are newly created souls.  It's my understanding that earth is the toughest place to live in the universes, so souls that are like the green berets of spiritual beings choose to come here for the challenge.  Again, all of this is just speculation.  None of us knows all the answers that are beyond the veil.  If you've ever studied near death experiences, there are some very interesting case studies.  People report seeing Jesus and angels during the short time their souls depart from their bodies.  Some of them also report having a temporary state of being all-knowing not in the way God is but in a way because we are part of God.  After returning back to their bodies, the human shell simply cannot retain such knowledge, and some only retain a small portion of it.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 4/30/2022 at 11:43 AM, Amigo42 said:

In Christianity, this idea isn't focused upon in much detail, but what if all of us truly are old souls?  Let me explain.  Jesus had existed already prior to his incarnation as a human.  How do we know it wasn't the same for all of us? 

Follow my line of thinking here.  Imagine you are an eternal being or soul that has lived for thousands or millions of years.  You've maybe only seen perfect worlds, and maybe you wanted a challenge.  So you choose to incarnate in the toughest, most baddest planet in the universe, earth.  People who make it through this life are greeted as war heroes when they return home to God.

This bothers me. I'm sorry to say that.

Why did we not "exist already prior to our becoming human like Christ did"?  That is simple.  Christ is God.  We are not.  We are created things, like turnips.  Christ is the Creator.  To compare our existence with Christ's is not wise.

Yes, God said to Jeremiah - “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

Jeremiah was complaining and misunderstanding his youth and inexperience as an inability to serve God as a prophet.

God was telling him that Jeremiah was planned for and his life mapped out in the heart, mind, and pre-ordained plans of God before he was born.

NOT that Jeremiah was this immortal soul wandering from planet to planet looking for adventure and challenges.

If we existed as souls BEFORE Adam was created - 

• then why is Eve called the mother of all the living?
  • how did "one man's sin" [Adam's] infest us all if we existed - albeit souls, spirits, or what-not BEFORE Adam?

The Bible says that God "foreknew" us and "foreloved" us. That he had and has plans for us from before we are born.

I mean NO insult, but unbiblical speculations like this are not wise.

• Well Said! 1