Will Jews be saved?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Can I ask a simple question?- Will Jews (and all other Jesus-rejecters) go to heaven?

Or did Paul get it wrong when he said-
"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot,..it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:29-31)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Can I ask a simple question?- Will Jews (and all other Jesus-rejecters) go to heaven?

Or did Paul get it wrong when he said-
"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot,..it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:29-31)

Those who are not believers in Jesus Christ will not go to heaven. That includes the Jewish people who do not believe in Jesus Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Some Jews, like some of the rest of humanity, will die in their sins, unsaved or never born again.

Then again, some Jews, like some of the rest of humanity, will confess their sins to God when he calls them and will be saved by God through faith in Christ and be born again.

There are a HOST of saved Jews who have been born again.  And there are a host who have not.  It's not about their ethnicity or nation.

There are MORE Gentiles who are not saved than there are Jews in existence.

We should pray for Jews and Gentiles alike.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Jayne said:

..some Jews, like some of the rest of humanity, will confess their sins to God when he calls them and will be saved by God through faith in Christ and be born again..

So are you saying that when all nonchristians die and stand before God for judgement and he says-"Confess your sins or you'll go to hell", they'll be able to simply confess and save themselves, even though they lived their whole life on earth as Jesus-rejecters?

If that's the case, won't hell will be completely empty if people can easily avoid it like that?

Edited by Mick70

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

18 minutes ago, Mick70 said:
28 minutes ago, Jayne said:

some Jews, like some of the rest of humanity, will confess their sins to God when he calls them and will be saved by God through faith in Christ and be born again.

So are you saying that when all nonchristians die and stand before God for judgement and he says-"Confess your sins or you'll go to hell", they'll be able to simply confess and save themselves, even though they lived their whole life on earth as Jesus-rejecters?

If that's the case, won't hell will be completely empty if people can easily avoid it like that?

I hope you don't mind me butting in here.  I'm trying to follow your train of thought and I fall pretty short when it comes to me figuring out how you think Jane is talking about repentance after death.  Can you unpack your thoughts on this?

59 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  I said nothing about repentance after death.  There is no opportunity for repentance after death. 

The Bible says "it is appointed for man once to die and then the judgment."  We are either saved or not saved here in this life and then death comes and the afterlife - somewhere.

In THIS life - some Jews will be saved and some will not.  Some Gentiles will be saved and some will not.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Okay then I think we're all agreed that when Jesus rejecters die, there's absolutely no chance for them to avoid going to hell..:)

Can I digress slightly and ask about the 'purgatory' belief held by some people which claims hell has a "swing door" and that Jesus- rejecters will be let out after serving their "sentence".

Personally I regard it as nonsense, or am I wrong? 

2 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Okay then I think we're all agreed that when Jesus rejecters die, there's absolutely no chance for them to avoid going to hell..:)

Can I digress slightly and ask about the 'purgatory' belief held by some people which claims hell has a "swing door" and that Jesus- rejecters will be let out after serving their "sentence".

Personally I regard it as nonsense, or am I wrong? 

No, you are not wrong.

To be precise, those who believe in purgatory believe that this is a place in the afterlife for Christians only who have not confessed all of their venial sins [in their incorrect eyes, the little sins].  They need to suffer for a little while until those small sins are forgiven.

They believe Christians who have committed the mortal sins [in their incorrect eyes, the big sins] in this world LOSE their salvation and have to go through a long-term process here to get that salvation back.  So, they believe the Christian who dies with mortal sins not dealt with go to hell.

The reason that this idea of a purgatory in the afterlife is unbiblical is for two reasons:

• Believing that you can suffer for a while and your left-over sins can be forgiven is believing that the sacrifice, blood, and power of Jesus Christ is NOT enough.  And that's a lie.
  • Believing that certain sins make you lose your salvation and YOU can get it back through a "process" that YOU do is not only a lie, but a whack-a-doodle lie.

These unbiblical things put salvation in the hands of sinners and takes away the power of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, the "purgatory" idea has got satan's fingerprints all over it, he's basically saying "don't worry if you find yourself in hell, you'll be let out after a while, you can trust me, why would I lie?"

Jesus said "..there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies"- (John 8:42-44)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Simply asked, simple answer.

1 John 2:2 (AV)
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Timothy 4:10 (AV)
10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

This is not universal / unconditional salvation for all mankind. It declares salvation is available to all mankind. Or even more simply put:

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And with regard to the Jewish people:

Romans 11:23 (AV)
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.