• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  1

https://biblehub.com/matthew/7-21.htm

Mathew7:21

Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my father who is in heaven. 

The two witnesses in Jerusalem come to mind when I read this verse. Because even though the scripture says thier dead bodies shall lay in the street where thier lord was crucified, they seem to do the opposite of everything Jesus taught in the gospel. 

Revelation shows these two prophets torment and kill people which Jesus would have never done. Jesus taught us to do unto others as we would have them do unto us. 

And even another statement Jesus said if anyone smites you on one cheek, to offer them the other. I understand this is sometimes a hard thing to do for many of us, but these two prophets don't seem to have any problem tormenting people. 

So the beast attacks Jerusalem and kills the two witnesses. They are resurrected three and a half days later which would be on the day of the Lord when the heaven shall burn with a fervent heat. The two witnesses then ascend into heaven in a cloud which also is a bad sign as the abomination that causetg desolation is placed in Jerusalem on that day. 

Now I've noticed these two prophets have been removed from the kingdom just before the kingdom becomes Christ's kingdom. 

If being removed from Christ's kingdom isn't bad enough, ascending into heaven where it burns with a fervent heat would be bad news for someone who did the exact opposite of everything Jesus taught. 

After they have been removed from the kingdom, the seventh trump sounds and the kingdom of this world becomes Christ's. 

https://biblehub.com/revelation/11-15.htm

• Group:  Royal Member

https://biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/13-41.htm

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out if his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity. 

https://biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/13-42.htm

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire, there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

PS, these two prophets also remind me of a beast with two horns. 

Better watch out people of Israel. The false prophet is not far away. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

13 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Revelation shows these two prophets torment and kill people which Jesus would have never done. Jesus taught us to do unto others as we would have them do unto us. 

Brother, I appreciate your zeal, but I fear you've completely missed why the Two witnesses are allowed to strike those with plagues.  It is so that the WORD is going forth UNHINDERED.

Rev 11:5  And if anyone will hurt them, fire proceeds out of their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone will hurt them, so it is right for him to be killed. 

Rev 11:6  These have authority to shut up the heaven, that it may not rain in the days of their prophecy. And they have authority over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire. 

Rev 11:7  And when they complete their testimony, the beast coming up out of the abyss will make war against them and will overcome them and kill them. 

Then you realize that these 2 witnesses are returning back to God!

Rev 11:11  And after three days and a half, a spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood on their feet. And great fear fell on those seeing them. 

Rev 11:12  And they heard a great voice from Heaven saying to them, Come up here. And they went up to Heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them. 

The context of the passage shows that these Two Witnesses were sent by God as a witness to the world ... A FINAL WITNESS and nothing will hinder their testimony, until their prophesying is completed.

Be blessed,

George

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,057
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

https://biblehub.com/matthew/7-21.htm

Mathew7:21

Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my father who is in heaven. 

The two witnesses in Jerusalem come to mind when I read this verse. Because even though the scripture says thier dead bodies shall lay in the street where thier lord was crucified, they seem to do the opposite of everything Jesus taught in the gospel. 

And even another statement Jesus said if anyone smites you on one cheek, to offer them the other. I understand this is sometimes a hard thing to do for many of us, but these two prophets don't seem to have any problem tormenting people. 

So the beast attacks Jerusalem and kills the two witnesses. They are resurrected three and a half days later which would be on the day of the Lord when the heaven shall burn with a fervent heat. The two witnesses then ascend into heaven in a cloud which also is a bad sign as the abomination that causetg desolation is placed in Jerusalem on that day. 

Now I've noticed these two prophets have been removed from the kingdom just before the kingdom becomes Christ's kingdom. 

If being removed from Christ's kingdom isn't bad enough, ascending into heaven where it burns with a fervent heat would be bad news for someone who did the exact opposite of everything Jesus taught. 

After they have been removed from the kingdom, the seventh trump sounds and the kingdom of this world becomes Christ's. 

https://biblehub.com/revelation/11-15.htm

PS, these two prophets also remind me of a beast with two horns. 

Better watch out people of Israel. The false prophet is not far away. 

The Two Witnesses are not there to preach the gospel. The age has changed. The martyrs call for vengeance and the Lord promises it soon. The age of grace is OVER. Judgement and justice are about to be poured out on men and the earth the so polluted with their sins.

The Two Witnesses are there because they WITNESSED some things. Two leading thoughts are admitted:

1. The time when it did not rain for 3½ years. This was Elijah's time. And what Israel had done was introduce foreign gods into Israel's form of worship. The same happens in Revelation. Israel agree to have a Gentile king in their Temple. This Witness witnesses what God did - three and a half years of misery and then a slaughter of the false prophets.
  2. The time when Gentiles ruled and enslaved Israel. The time was the same as when Egypt, world power, ruled and enslaved God's people. Now,a Gentile king with universal power sits over the whole world and is about to be judged - Like Pharaoh. Egypt lost their "Firstborn". That is, they had no legitimate HEIRS left. It heralded the end of Gentile supremacy.

Thus, with Jerusalem's wold- religious and -political power about to be judged, the Two Witnesses come to testify that JUDGMENT is breaking lose. And the result of this JUDGMENT is that the world's government will be changing. Israel have chosen the Beast for their Temple, and the Gentiles trample the Temple. The world has chosen the Beast politically and are chastised for 42 weeks. The Beast, who did so many so-called miracles, is unable to stop the Kingdoms of this world becoming Christ's - just as Daniel predicted.

1 hour ago, George said:

Brother, I appreciate your zeal, but I fear you've completely missed why the Two witnesses are allowed to strike those with plagues.  It is so that the WORD is going forth UNHINDERED.

Rev 11:5  And if anyone will hurt them, fire proceeds out of their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone will hurt them, so it is right for him to be killed. 

Rev 11:6  These have authority to shut up the heaven, that it may not rain in the days of their prophecy. And they have authority over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire. 

Rev 11:7  And when they complete their testimony, the beast coming up out of the abyss will make war against them and will overcome them and kill them. 

Then you realize that these 2 witnesses are returning back to God!

Rev 11:11  And after three days and a half, a spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood on their feet. And great fear fell on those seeing them. 

Rev 11:12  And they heard a great voice from Heaven saying to them, Come up here. And they went up to Heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them. 

The context of the passage shows that these Two Witnesses were sent by God as a witness to the world ... A FINAL WITNESS and nothing will hinder their testimony, until their prophesying is completed.

Be blessed,

George

So you believe Christians are supposed to kill and torment anyone who doesn't believe as we do? That doesn't sound to me like anything Jesus had taught. 

I happen to understand these Gentiles who occupy Jerusalem for those 42 months are not doing as Jesus commanded them in the gospel. You can claim they are doing as Jesus commanded them but they are not. The king of the north who sent to there are not representing the Christian community nor does he represent Christ. 

The two witnesses give the command to fire and thier army shall fire as commanded. To me that's not representing Christ very well. Those who are representing christ will be persecuted in every city right up to the day christ comes. 

https://biblehub.com/matthew/10-23.htm

Those two witnesses are not doing as Jesus commanded. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

48 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

The Two Witnesses are not there to preach the gospel. The age has changed. The martyrs call for vengeance and the Lord promises it soon. The age of grace is OVER. Judgement and justice are about to be poured out on men and the earth the so polluted with their sins.

The Two Witnesses are there because they WITNESSED some things. Two leading thoughts are admitted:

1. The time when it did not rain for 3½ years. This was Elijah's time. And what Israel had done was introduce foreign gods into Israel's form of worship. The same happens in Revelation. Israel agree to have a Gentile king in their Temple. This Witness witnesses what God did - three and a half years of misery and then a slaughter of the false prophets.
  2. The time when Gentiles ruled and enslaved Israel. The time was the same as when Egypt, world power, ruled and enslaved God's people. Now,a Gentile king with universal power sits over the whole world and is about to be judged - Like Pharaoh. Egypt lost their "Firstborn". That is, they had no legitimate HEIRS left. It heralded the end of Gentile supremacy.

Thus, with Jerusalem's wold- religious and -political power about to be judged, the Two Witnesses come to testify that JUDGMENT is breaking lose. And the result of this JUDGMENT is that the world's government will be changing. Israel have chosen the Beast for their Temple, and the Gentiles trample the Temple. The world has chosen the Beast politically and are chastised for 42 weeks. The Beast, who did so many so-called miracles, is unable to stop the Kingdoms of this world becoming Christ's - just as Daniel predicted.

Jesus commanded his disciples to preach the gospel up to the very day of his coming. They will not have gone over all the cities of Israel till the son of man is come. 

But these two witnesses of christ are not preaching the gospel. They spend all thier time tormenting and killing people. 

https://biblehub.com/matthew/10-23.htm

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Steward

17 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you believe Christians are supposed to kill and torment anyone who doesn't believe as we do? That doesn't sound to me like anything Jesus had taught. 

When Jesus is coming back ... He's coming back to rule with a rod of iron.  How do you think Jesus is coming back?  To slaughter his enemies.

Rev 19:19  And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth and their armies, being gathered to make war against Him who sat on the horse, and against His army. 

Rev 19:20  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet doing signs before it, (by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast), and those who had worshiped his image. The two were thrown alive into the Lake of Fire burning with brimstone. 

Rev 19:21  And the rest were slain by the sword of Him who sat on the horse, it proceeding out of His mouth. And all the birds were filled from their flesh.

Honestly, when you start assigning to the prophets of God as messengers of the enemy ... you are playing with fire.

The prophets are prophesying with God's Power!

Rev 11:3  And I will give power to My two witnesses, and they will prophesy a thousand, two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth. 

Be blessed,

George

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, George said:

When Jesus is coming back ... He's coming back to rule with a rod of iron.  How do you think Jesus is coming back?  To slaughter his enemies.

Rev 19:19  And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth and their armies, being gathered to make war against Him who sat on the horse, and against His army. 

Rev 19:20  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet doing signs before it, (by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast), and those who had worshiped his image. The two were thrown alive into the Lake of Fire burning with brimstone. 

Rev 19:21  And the rest were slain by the sword of Him who sat on the horse, it proceeding out of His mouth. And all the birds were filled from their flesh.

Honestly, when you start assigning to the prophets of God as messengers of the enemy ... you are playing with fire.

The prophets are prophesying with God's Power!

Rev 11:3  And I will give power to My two witnesses, and they will prophesy a thousand, two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth. 

Be blessed,

George

Yes God has given the north Great power that the gospel should be spread around the world. But Jesus didn't say his dis iples should slaughter men women and children just because they can. 

And Jesus doesn't have to slaughter anyone. He is the word of God which says this man will slaughter everyone who needs to be slaughtered. 

https://biblehub.com/daniel/11-44.htm

I predict the US military will kill at least hundreds of millions of Muslims then. 

The promised land will be pretty desolate once they are through with it. Who is going to be left for Jesus to kill? Anyone who even drinks the water there will die. Unless they are saved. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Steward

4 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Yes God has given the north Great power that the gospel should be spread around the world. But Jesus didn't say his dis iples should slaughter men women and children just because they can. 

Nobody is saying this.  :)

Again, I'm not sure if you are avoiding the context of the passage you referenced.  :)

The two witnesses are a picture of Moses and Aaron before Pharoah as a testimony against their gods.

These 2 prophets will be doing signs and wonders just as Moses and Aaron did in Exodus to show the world that the LORD is most High over all the earth.  

Be blessed.

• Thumbs Up 1