• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, B-B said:

I could be wrong @Anne2 (please correct me if I am), but you seem to have taken folks' comments re: the RCC religion personally?

(I hope I'm wrong).

All you talk about is the ROMAN CHURCH. It just doesn't stop. Rome is not the only Church that is Apostolic, nor took council together as the one holy Catholic Church. It's frustrating, is all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

And the protestant Church teaches Holy laughter, Holy Barking. Hmm let me see what else I can think of that some protestants do and teach to rail against you all. When is this stuff gonna stop?

Two wrongs, do not make a right, does it?  It still does not justify, any false teaching from ANYONE or any denomination.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.25

1 minute ago, Anne2 said:

All you talk about is the ROMAN CHURCH.

....well...I'm guessing by the use of the word 'you', you don't mean me personally (as I'm not sure that I talk about Roman Catholicism all that much..?).

Within the Forum itself, there are a variety of threads, offering different topics of discussion, I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the majority are about the RCC.

6 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

It's frustrating, is all.

(Yes..I can sorta sense you are getting frustrated).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

22 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

And the protestant Church teaches Holy laughter, Holy Barking. Hmm let me see what else I can think of that some protestants do and teach to rail against you all. When is this stuff gonna stop?

That laughter and barking is a small very small segment of certain churches that are not associated with any denomination. I have not encountered anyone who has ever thought that was good or something that should occur. I have in the past here spoken against it. Since I do not encounter it, I have not commented on it in recent years. 

Currently in the us, there are horrible issues with mainstream protestant denominations and on this forum, those issues have been addressed. Things like acceptance of homosexuality etc. I recall one thread where I expressed outrage over an episcopalean church that had a pastor that stated she believes in islam. And the church did not remove her. 

I know some catholics are saved, just like some protestants are saved. I also know there are some things in catholic doctrine that is vile. Just like some things in various protestant churches are vile. They should not be ignored as they come up though. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

29 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Anne, what is Holy Barking and Holy Laughter mean?..

Those  are things some word of faith churches have done. Its way off. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

13 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

There was a movement in the Church, It was in the 90's I think. The Brownsville revival? Which stated with people being slain in the spirit, Then uncontrollable laughter, came in, then (this is disgusting) Holy vomiting. Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland etc. on Christian networks showed these things. I had become involved with Messianic Judaism at the time. Though I did know of Churches getting into it.

But I am not gonna lay that on everyone. It has died out. I think probably even those involved don't think much of it anymore. I don't know.

Benny Hinn has received a lot of valid and sharp criticism for what he preached including from his nephew Costi, who has been pleading with him to change.  The others, I don't know so much about, since I stopped watching any t.v evangelists back in the 1980's when scandal after scandal were happening to all of them.  False teachings and hypocrisy was exposed to the hilt.

And Scripture certainly teaches we are to expose the deeds of darkness

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.25

24 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Then uncontrollable laughter, came in, then (this is disgusting) Holy vomiting. Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland

Prosperity teaching and teachers/Word of faith teaching and teachers/so called 'movement's like the Toronto Blessing  etc. , I personally don't associate with true Protestantism - not the original meaning of the word anyway.

From Got Questions:

Protestant churches affirm the principles of the Protestant Reformation set into motion by Martin Luther’s 95 Theses in 1517. Protestants were first called by that name because they “protested” against the papacy and Roman rule within the Church.

Edited by B-B

13 minutes ago, B-B said:

....well...I'm guessing by the use of the word 'you', you don't mean me personally (as I'm not sure that I talk about Roman Catholicism all that much..?).

Within the Forum itself, there are a variety of threads, offering different topics of discussion, I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the majority are about the RCC.

(Yes..I can sorta sense you are getting frustrated).

No, they don't address Catholicism except to rail and divide over it. I simply am looking for my own way in the maze. That maze includes all the voices in the Church. So I have begun where it started. For now, I am leaning to traditional. Division weakens us, myself included. Which is to say I consider others to be operating in the spirit as well. So maybe Anglican. But not sure yet, since some of them are going into areas unhealthy in modern cultiure. Mazny of them are uniting with the Orthodox because of it as well as Rome. Just trying to find where I can fellowship in a sprit of unity is all. 

Edited by Anne2

22 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

There was a movement in the Church, It was in the 90's I think. The Brownsville revival? Which stated with people being slain in the spirit, Then uncontrollable laughter, came in, then (this is disgusting) Holy vomiting. Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland etc. on Christian networks showed these things. I had become involved with Messianic Judaism at the time. Though I did know of Churches getting into it.

But I am not gonna lay that on everyone. It has died out. I think probably even those involved don't think much of it anymore. I don't know.

If you read old threads here, that havent been lost in various software upgrades, you will see a lot of criticism of those preachers. 

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

If you read old threads here, that havent been lost in various software upgrades, you will see a lot of criticism of those preachers. 

Sure probably true. That is not my point. I can't see using them as a rule to measure THE PROTESTANT CHURCH.