• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

im trying to learn how to have a healthy relationship. ive only had toxic ones or ones where i used the other person for my own gain. im trying to learn from my mistakes and not repeat them but its proving to be hard because im not sure if im doing it the right way or not. there seems to be so much i have to unlearn. i want a relationship where i wont hurt the other person, ive done that to too many past relationships. im at a point where im not sure if im trying to find an excuse to go back to being alone or if i need this relationship to continue. maybe im being selfish again.

• Praying! 2

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,785
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Try TALKING  and even more important LISTENING   to the other person at least that way you have an idea of how your behaviour is affecting someone else   :th_praying:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Ghostdog said:

im trying to learn how to have a healthy relationship.

May I suggest that you look at what Paul says about a married couple. That each should seek the well being of the other and use that as a guide to how you behave and how your significante other behaves.

Key to all relationships is communication, which often means either asking precice questions or saying what one really wants.

example:- girl is concerned about her boyfriends behaviour so asks him ' How do you feel?'

Boyfriend hears the question and answers he feels hot/cold or is hungry/thirsty.

Girl should have asked' Are you alright? the way you behave/speak makes me think you are upset'

This problem is reversed when the girl expects the boy to know from her behaviour why she is upset, all he sees is shes not speaking to him, but does know why.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

im trying to learn how to have a healthy relationship. ive only had toxic ones or ones where i used the other person for my own gain. im trying to learn from my mistakes and not repeat them but its proving to be hard because im not sure if im doing it the right way or not. there seems to be so much i have to unlearn. i want a relationship where i wont hurt the other person, ive done that to too many past relationships. im at a point where im not sure if im trying to find an excuse to go back to being alone or if i need this relationship to continue. maybe im being selfish again.

I hope you have had this conversation with God. A healthy relationship includes honesty, trust, respect and an open communication. Compromise also comes in there somewhere.