IGNORED

Does anyone personally know any prophets?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I have heard some really great forthtelling under strong annointing. That Spirit within reacts with a sort of resonant harmony.

Slightly off topic, but may be helpful.

When I was still young in the Lord, He taught me about hearing Him, byt using the illustration of tuning my guitar.

As you tune from string to string, you are experiencing a sympathetic tonal vibration...it becomes the same note.

My spirit is witnessing to the Holy Spirit in the same way. When something is 'wrong' or as I say 'a wrongness' exists--there is a very different sense.

I believe this is that  this is akin to:

Heb. 5:14 (NKJVS) But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  337
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,091
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brother...

I do too ,I also know a few that do assume the Title of "Prophet",I believe Who me gave a very good description of the ones I am speaking if......the are teaching & preaching Gods Word & the prophetic message therein-challenging the listener.Still I find it problematic they call themselves "Prophet" and would prefer they did not                       Glory to God,Kwik

I also find it problematic when people who are not an Apostle or a Prophet, call themselves so, but if a genuine brother in the LORD is an Apostle or a Prophet called and anointed by the Lord, I don't find it problematic that they call themselves what they are, did not the Apostle Paul do so? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, TreeFivew said:

Does anyone know any modern-day prophets?

I don't support prophets for today. We have the book of Revelation and that is all we need. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  337
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,091
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

I feel really sorry for those of my brothers in the LORD whom the Lord has called to be Apostles and Prophets nowadays, and especially here in the western world, as there is no room for them. 😔 The "congregations" simply don't want them! Have you heard something like that?! They welcome Evangelists, Bible teachers and Pastors, but not Apostles and Prophets. Can it be that they only want to hear what is itching their ears? 

It is no strange that the congregations has gone astray, without the Apostles and Prophets. 

And the enemy is clapping their hands and 🎉 celebrates..... 

The Lord is crying 😢..... 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, MonicaWife said:

Interesting question! Unfortunately the Apostle and Prophet are mostly around the western world NOT WANTED in the congregations today, as also here in Norway, but it shouldn't be that way, should it? 😔 Could it be that it is the last days with the great falling away? 

True

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Alive said:

I have heard some really great forthtelling under strong annointing. That Spirit within reacts with a sort of resonant harmony.

Slightly off topic, but may be helpful.

When I was still young in the Lord, He taught me about hearing Him, byt using the illustration of tuning my guitar.

As you tune from string to string, you are experiencing a sympathetic tonal vibration...it becomes the same note.

My spirit is witnessing to the Holy Spirit in the same way. When something is 'wrong' or as I say 'a wrongness' exists--there is a very different sense.

I believe this is that  this is akin to:

Heb. 5:14 (NKJVS) But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

True

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

The gifts of prophecy are part of the Spirit-filled church and are to be operated decently and in order as outlined in 1Corinthians 14.

While various members of our church do operate the voice gift of prophecy none of them would label themselves as a 'prophet' for the gift is dispersed amongst those who most often operate the other voice gifts > tongues and interpretation.

1Cor 12:27  Now ye are Christ’s body, and severally members thereof. 
28  And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then powers, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, kinds of tongues.

Ephesians 4:11  And HE gave some as apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, shepherds and teachers; 
4:12  for the perfecting of the saints, unto a work of ministry, unto a building of the body of the Christ:

1Cor 14:3  But who prophesies speaks unto men edification, and exhortation, and consolation. 
14:4  Who speaks in a tongue builds up himself; but who prophesies builds up the church. 
14:5  Now I would you all to speak in tongues, but rather that ye prophesy: and greater he that prophesies than who speaks in tongues, except he interpret, that the church receive edification. 

1Cor 14:29  And let prophets speak by two or three, and let the others discern. 
14:30  But if a revelation be made to another sitting by, let the first be silent. 
14:31  For ye all can prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be exhorted; 
14:32  (and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets; 
14:33  for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace), as in all the churches of the saints. 

And this is how we do it in my Pentecostal church according to the word of God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1