• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

Romans 6:2 (NASB20)
Far from it! How shall we who died to sin still live in it..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This scripture is putting forth the absurdity of a believer still living in sin, for this is something that should not be….

But why fore…?

Because when a believer sees what their salvation in Christ consists of, they are set free from sin… There is no ambiguity in this truth, for scripture says ‘Far from it’, that being an absolutely not, and then puts forth the reason of the absoluteness of this truth….

That being the fact that one has ‘died to sin’, then the question, ‘how can we still live in it’…? The answer being; if one does not know they have died to sin… This is the truth being brought forth in this scripture, the absolute fact of this truth; ‘that he that has died is freed from sin’…. So therefore freedom from sin is tied directly to one knowing one has died to sin… So then knowing what the phrase ‘died to sin’ means, would make or break one being made free from sin… 

Scripture brings forth this truth, that sin is not the something that has died, it is the sinner themselves that is that something that has died… This is a most critical truth, sin is not the thing that has died, but the sinner…

For understanding that all sin needs a life form to respond to its promptings, for with no life form to respond to its promptings the desires of sin are left undone, this being, the understanding of how one is made free from sin… For consider this truth; that when one dies, all the influences of this world become powerless over that one…

This therefore is the meaning, that one has died to sin, the understanding being, a most critical truth if one would be made free from sin…

Be blessed in seeing into a most critical truth….

A fellow follower of His, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

37 minutes ago, Sower said:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" 
2 Corinthians 5:17

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
The life I now live in the body,
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" 
Galatians 2:20

"Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,
but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord" 
Romans 6:11

Hello, and thanks for the verses, may we all see the truths that unite them…

In His love, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

I ask out of curiosity what if a man STROUGLES with certain sin and earnestly prays every day to have his chains removed yet the war keeps overpowering. Im talking of years of habitual weakness.  Any thoughts

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Just now, Mike Mclees said:

I ask out of curiosity what if a man STROUGLES with certain sin and earnestly prays every day to have his chains removed yet the war keeps overpowering. Im talking of years of habitual weakness.  Any thoughts

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Yes, this is the purpose of this OP , to try to put forth and show what it means to be dead to sin… 

For the truth is ‘he that has died is freed from sin’.. 

It is not seeing and understanding this truth that keeps one in bondage to sin…

As it reads in the OP; 

‘Scripture brings forth this truth, that sin is not the something that has died, it is the sinner themselves that is that something that has died… This is a most critical truth, sin is not the thing that has died, but the sinner…

For understanding that all sin needs a life form to respond to its promptings, for with no life form to respond to its promptings the desires of sin are left undone, this being, the understanding of how one is made free from sin… For consider this truth; that when one dies, all the influences of this world become powerless over that one…’

You don’t have to believe me, but take these words before God and ask if there be  any truth in them…For if God confirms, you will be set free from sin by reckoning yourself dead to sin…

Before His throne on your behalf, a fellow believer, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

30 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

If a person is truly ready to be rid of the bondage, they should focus on Jesus, His grace and mercy, not the sin.  Give the problem to Him and keep walking forward, not looking back and dwelling on the problem.  Make a conscious decision not to think about it....the more one focuses and thinks about the sin and struggles with it, the worse the chains can get.....because of constantly thinking about it....sin begins in the thoughts so dismiss the thoughts.  And because condemnation brings bondage (curse of the Law) but forgiveness looses from bondage (sin no longer having dominion).  The child of God does not have sin imputed to them....we are not under condemnation but forgiveness and grace......His mercy is not earned, it is a free gift.

The battle is the Lord's so give it to Him.  Be still and know that He is God, keeping eyes and thoughts on Him.  Yield to His righteous will.  Rest in Him.  The opposite of struggling.  HIS strength is made perfect in our weakness.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Unfortunately sin is something we will always struggle with in this life. As we grow closer with Jesus, many sins lose their grip on us and of course we still have the choice to return to them. Paul said he struggled with sin, yet he was the best example of a Christian that has ever existed in my opinion. So let us be encouraged. Don't dwell on your sin. When you do it, simply repent and move forward.
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Robtay7123 said:

Unfortunately sin is something we will always struggle with in this life. As we grow closer with Jesus, many sins lose their grip on us and of course we still have the choice to return to them. Paul said he struggled with sin, yet he was the best example of a Christian that has ever existed in my opinion. So let us be encouraged. Don't dwell on your sin. When you do it, simply repent and move forward.

Hi, I appreciate and taste your relationship with Christ it was a joy to partake of….

If you wouldn’t mind me posing a thought for the pondering…

What truth is Paul putting forth with the words;

‘he that has died is free from sin’…?

May you be blessed in your pondering and in your relationship with our Lord…

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

18 minutes ago, Not me said:

Hi, I appreciate and taste your relationship with Christ it was a joy to partake of….

If you wouldn’t mind me posing a thought for the pondering…

What truth is Paul putting forth with the words;

‘he that has died is free from sin’…?

May you be blessed in your pondering and in your relationship with our Lord…

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

Hello there and I'm happy to meet you.  Here's my take on that passage.  When we are born again,  God gives us the strength to overcome sin.  However most of the time,  it doesn't happen instantly.  It takes a lifetime for most of us,  but as time goes on it does get easier.  I do think it's clear Paul never had the intent to say we could go without sinning. Not only was he himself never able to do that,  but as far as we know,  neither were the apostles.  The freeing from sin that Paul mentions is primarily free from the penalty of sin ( hence salvation and eternal life ) and in a secondary way,  the freedom to fight sin that we didn't have before. I hope I haven't further confused the issue.  I'm kind of good at that.  Let me know if you want to discuss this further. God Bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1