IGNORED

Kill their men, women, children, and even their babies.

JohnR7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

8 hours ago, servant4christ said:

Yes, this directive still bothers me quite a bit. I wish I understood why God was ordering the death of innocents along with the guilty.

This was an issue with the Palestines. They did not drive them out and to this day they are still fighting with them over the land. All of the land: 1500 by 1500 by 1500 miles was given to Abraham and his descendants.  Revelation 21:16

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,291
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

Read the book of Joshua to understand why the Lord commanded His people to do these things. 

And as Israel of the flesh was a type and example of what was to come in Jesus Christ, understand who we strive against. Who do we strive against? Not flesh and blood.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/8/2022 at 1:53 AM, JohnR7 said:

We know why they were to kill every man, woman and child. But this is a big point of contention with Atheists. Why would God want mankind to destroy ourselves like this?  Jesus teaches us that as Christians we are to love our enemy and do good to those who abuse  and are evil toward us. So is there that much difference between the old and the new covenant?  1 Samuel 15:3 Moses also talks about this in Deut,

Deuteronomy 20:16
However, in the cities of the nations that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you must not leave alive anything that breathes.

You don't want to raise the children of deadly enemies do you?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

16 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

That is exactly what I did. I took in a china foreign exchange student for a school year and treated him like a son. We helped him with his english and he got into a university for engineering. Turns out his father use to deliver weapons to north vietnam.  Jesus tells us to love our enemy and do good for those who curse us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,291
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

We were all enemies of God. Look at what Jesus Christ did for us. :)

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

On 7/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, JohnR7 said:

We know why they were to kill every man, woman and child. But this is a big point of contention with Atheists. Why would God want mankind to destroy ourselves like this?  Jesus teaches us that as Christians we are to love our enemy and do good to those who abuse  and are evil toward us. So is there that much difference between the old and the new covenant?  1 Samuel 15:3 Moses also talks about this in Deut,

Deuteronomy 20:16
However, in the cities of the nations that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you must not leave alive anything that breathes.

Most atheists are looking for reasons to disbelieve God. Ask yourself why they are discussing God at all if they don't believe He exists?

They could argue the reason they don't believe God exists is because of the God of the bible seems wishy washy to them because of their studies mainly put out by those like them who have twisted the bible to suit a point.

The definition of an atheist is a person who does not believe in a god PERIOD. Even if they could disprove the God of the bible, they haven't proven no god exists. Of course, when the compared texts are fairly studied they don't have a pot to pee in.

The evidence ALL point to a creator and a creation. Why would I listen to anything such a blinded person would say? 

No matter what has been claimed, men can come nowhere near to understanding the complexities of even the most basic creations of God. They might be able to look at it and see how GOD made it, but they can't understand it enough to make it in any way that makes it a true creation.

A person who is an agnostic might credibly claim to use these kinds of arguments. The bible tells us the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. How can we look at any part of the magnificent creation, even in a fallen state, and not stand aghast of it? If a person has no concern to stand before such a being as this, then they don't even begin to get who He is. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Idolatry aside, look at every instance the Lord commanded every living thing to be killed. Is there anything peculiar and different about these people groups?

It is much too long to go into detail, but I submit these ‘people’ were not 100% human; they were Nephilim. Joshua started the purge of driving these ‘people’ out of the promised land, and King David completed it. Goliath and his brothers, Og, King of Bashan, and others were Nephilim (fallen ones – and giants). They were nonredeemable, just as fallen angels cannot be redeemed.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

That is my biblical worldview anyway.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

As fate would have it . . . my reading plan just covered the books of Jerimiah and Ezekiel. In them, you will see how God hates the practice of making sons and daughters 'pass through the fire'. It is child sacrifice in worship of Moloch a pagan god. According to secular history, they would heat the statute up until the hands glowed red hot, and put their babies into the statute's hands burning the babies alive. The pagan priests would play musical instruments and beat drums loudly so the mothers could not hear the screams of their babies while they burned to death. God abhorred this pagan practice and wanted it to stop. If you have issues with 'how' He did that, then talk to Him about it . . . 

So glad we don't do that today, right?  Ummmm . . . well I won't derail this thread talking about methods of abortion and the implications thereof . . . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Idolatry aside, look at every instance the Lord commanded every living thing to be killed. Is there anything peculiar and different about these people groups?

It is much too long to go into detail, but I submit these ‘people’ were not 100% human; they were Nephilim. Joshua started the purge of driving these ‘people’ out of the promised land, and King David completed it. Goliath and his brothers, Og, King of Bashan, and others were Nephilim (fallen ones – and giants). They were nonredeemable, just as fallen angels cannot be redeemed.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

That is my biblical worldview anyway.

And I agree with this as a premise for a partial solution to that problem. Thanks Dennis for bringing it up.

When I look at this more, I see God separating His people out from the rest of the world. As you bring up , I don't think He wanted those bloodlines mixed. He could have relocated the populations He told them to eliminate. My guess is it would have been similar to digging up a weed and replanting it somewhere else. These peoples had arrived at the height of decadence. God seen the future and He seen all of their hearts. They had long ago forsaken any attempt to know the true God and instead were ruled by demons posing as gods. Those arrangements were mutual ones. Why didn't God save the babies to be raised by the Israelites? Only God knows for sure.

If we say there was justification for this even if the bloodlines of the enemy were clean, then we can't say it was only the bloodlines that motivated it. I believe in some cases there was tainted blood, but probably not in all cases. I tend to think it was also a sinful corrupted culture that precipitated God's decisions. God did not want Israel SPIRITUALLY defiled.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

1 hour ago, Starise said:

And I agree with this as a premise for a partial solution to that problem. Thanks Dennis for bringing it up.

When I look at this more, I see God separating His people out from the rest of the world. As you bring up , I don't think He wanted those bloodlines mixed. He could have relocated the populations He told them to eliminate. My guess is it would have been similar to digging up a weed and replanting it somewhere else. These peoples had arrived at the height of decadence. God seen the future and He seen all of their hearts. They had long ago forsaken any attempt to know the true God and instead were ruled by demons posing as gods. Those arrangements were mutual ones. Why didn't God save the babies to be raised by the Israelites? Only God knows for sure.

If we say there was justification for this even if the bloodlines of the enemy were clean, then we can't say it was only the bloodlines that motivated it. I believe in some cases there was tainted blood, but probably not in all cases. I tend to think it was also a sinful corrupted culture that precipitated God's decisions. God did not want Israel SPIRITUALLY defiled.

Top of the morning to ya!

As you're aware, I am very opinionated, and my views are not necessarily the correct ones. The first prophecy in the Bible:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

It is unmistakable the literal meaning of the Hebrew word "seed." There is a spiritual and physical "seed" war going on. Satan tried to prove God a liar by attempting to exterminate the Hebrew – Jewish race many times. He tried to prevent the coming of the Messiah by contaminating the bloodline in which the Messiah would come.

By the providence of God, the Jewish race is the only race in history to have gone into diaspora globally and preserved their religious and national identity. Every other culture bred itself out.

We serve a merciful God that has compassion and is not willing that anyone should perish. Is there possibly an exception to that? What about the "kind" barrier of the original creation, what makes us human, and what makes us eligible or ineligible for redemption? Who did Jesus die for, humanity or a Heinze 57 mixture? Precisely what makes those who take the Beast's mark ineligible for forgiveness and redemption? Is it possible it is DNA altering?

In several instances, the Lord commanded the death of every man, woman, child, and animal, to leave none alive. Today we name that genocide. I believe the primary reason for the great deluge was the contamination of God's creation, as described in Genesis 6:1-5. Peter and Jude also briefly comment on it. The Jews back then knew and understood their history and didn't need a detailed explanation.

The Cain/Seth view does not hold water and is a relatively recent interpretation that dismisses the supernatural aspects of the Bible. All the literature and pseudepigrapha of the time reject that interpretation.

Anyway, based on the genealogies, migrations, and descriptions in my studies, where the Lord showed no mercy and commanded extinction, Nephilim (non-redeemable) were involved.

• Thumbs Up 1