• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

33 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

What Im seeing some say is that in the very rare circumstance of a child being raped and getting pregnant, we should keep abortion legal, even though millions of abortions are performed for the sake of convenience to a woman. 

Smh

Well, as a mother who gave birth out of wedlock when I was truly a lost soul, I can say that pregnancy, birth and either raising the child without a father, or giving it up for adoption, is much much more than a mere inconvenience, and often it is even a long running tragedy and sorrow that one never recovers from.  I hope we can find it in our heart to extend some understanding and charity to young women who wind up facing that situation, especially in a society that is actively giving them the message that their chief value lies in being a sex object.

Actually I don't believe that we as the church really are in the business of making and enforcing laws.  That's not the mandate Jesus gave to us.   If the church was as busy spreading the gospel the way it used to, I can't help but think we'd be seeing less fornication and rape, hence fewer unwanted pregnancies and abortions.  Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, one.opinion said:

We know there are dangers because there have been examples. This type of information is not freely available. As I’ve said, children this young becoming pregnant is very rare. However, the most recent case has been headline news lately here.

Not at all, I am very interested in learning what other believe. It gives me something to think about, even if I happen to disagree.

You still haven’t supported this claim, nor defined when an abortion might be considered murder. Do you believe prevention of implantation is murder? Is abortion within a week or two of implantation still murder? Is there a particular sign of life that you consider being the line at what is murder and what isn’t? There is a lot of nuance around this issue that makes it difficult for me to see it as black and white.

I apologize if I misunderstood your intent, please understand when someone throws a question at me like that it is with the intent of tripping me up which is why I usually ignore them. So I'm sorry I reacted the way I did.

Though you still haven't really answered my question. You listed potential health risks, which I don't deny, there is potential risk, but what that site doesn't list is the potential side effects of an abortion, especially at that age which can be just as severe. 

And you listed an example of a woman who took her child to get an abortion. Doesn't really answer my question as there's no proof the child couldn't have carried the baby to term had the abortion not been performed.

As to the Bible, well I know you didn't mean it that way...but did you not go to Sunday school? I mean the 10 commandments lists murder as wrong....

Lol ok all kidding aside I know what your intent was. I'm going to side track a little bit here to define murder. Murder, according to OT law is the killing of innocent life. Killing by OT law was allowed, in certain cases. This isn't a contradiction, there's a difference. Killing is defined as taking of non innocent life. Such as in war, self defense or putting to death of a criminal under the law.

In each of those cases the "victim" isnt innocent. They're either a armed combatant or a criminal.

But murder is ending a life of someone who did nothing to justify lethal force being used against them. If I were to kill my neighbor because he didn't cut his grass, that would be murder. But if my neighbor were to kill me for trying to murder him, that is self defense and justified.

So now that we have defined murder, we need to define life. I could go into it in depth, but that would make for a very lengthy post, and quite frankly I don't have time for that as I'm sitting down to a concert with my family. However, as it is a valid question, as if life begins at conception then abortion, and that baby did nothing to justify killing it, would be murder. 

So what I am going to do is post a link to a very in depth article, which I believe answers the question both scientifically-and Biblically, far better then I could.

https://answersingenesis.org/sanctity-of-life/when-does-life-begin/

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  10,331
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Well, as a mother who gave birth out of wedlock when I was truly a lost soul, I can say that pregnancy, birth and either raising the child without a father, or giving it up for adoption, is much much more than a mere inconvenience, and often it is even a long running tragedy and sorrow that one never recovers from.  I hope we can find it in our heart to extend some understanding and charity to young women who wind up facing that situation, especially in a society that is actively giving them the message that their chief value lies in being a sex object.

Actually I don't believe that we as the church really are in the business of making and enforcing laws.  That's not the mandate Jesus gave to us.   If the church was as busy spreading the gospel the way it used to, I can't help but think we'd be seeing less fornication and rape, hence fewer unwanted pregnancies and abortions.  Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Indeed. It's not my place to embroil myself in the concerns of this world unless by doing so...

I'm looking after the needs of my neighbor (helping them bear a burden, providing food to the hungry, furnishing godly counsel as I'm able if invited/asked, visiting the sick and incarcerated, and so forth);

I stand in the place of a stranger in dire peril (the knife or bullet can strike me instead of them);

Or teaching someone how to grow food, mend a fence, wrangle livestock, and such things. I learned a few things the hard way. 

I will not interfere with their laws nor protest against anything. It's simply not my place. My place is to love others as Jesus Christ loves me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, The_Patriot21 said:

I apologize if I misunderstood your intent, please understand when someone throws a question at me like that it is with the intent of tripping me up which is why I usually ignore them. So I'm sorry I reacted the way I did.

It’s no problem - looking back on it, I understand the way it could have come across.

Doesn't really answer my question as there's no proof the child couldn't have carried the baby to term had the abortion not been performed.

I agree that hypothetically, she could have carried the baby to term. However, it would have involved considerable risk.

So what I am going to do is post a link to a very in depth article, which I believe answers the question both scientifically-and Biblically, far better then I could.

https://answersingenesis.org/sanctity-of-life/when-does-life-begin/

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 7/15/2022 at 10:31 AM, Deborah_ said:

but few women can cope psychologically with carrying such a pregnancy to term

Isn't that the whole message of Christianity, we can not do it on our own, we have to have God's help. I do know a girl who was raped. She did have a daughter and she raised her daughter. It was actually her twin sister that was more upset about the whole situation. She use to take her daughter to the prison for visitation so she could know who her father was. Last I heard the daughter was going to graduate from school and she was doing just fine. I was a single parent for 12 years so I do know what that is all about. 

7 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

throwing her in jail for it won't change her mind on the matter

The issue is getting into Heaven. The child goes to Heaven and if the mother wants to go to Heaven she will have to be reconciled with her child. I actually had a very vivid dream about my daughter in Heaven. 

10 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

the vast majority of women who are considering abortion

I do not think the vast majority are even old enough to be considered women. I picked an abortion clinic all summer and I was really amazed at how young they were. 

• Oy Vey! 1

12 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

If the child was raised in a good home, them the baby could be adopted by her parents as a sibling, and that has been done.

The situations I know of the parents end up raising the child. Although they will try to get the daughter to do as much as she can.  It is poetic justice because they should have educated her on how not to get pregnant. A lot of churches have programs to teach young girls how to avoid a situation like this. 

On 7/16/2022 at 8:35 PM, tim_from_pa said:

However, the society then was different in that women could not so much as make an oath stand if their father or husband disallowed it. 

It is the same today. Minors can not enter into a contract if their father does not approve. We have a situation today where a shooter was between 18 & 21 and they needed a parents signature to buy a gun. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

The issue is getting into Heaven. The child goes to Heaven and if the mother wants to go to Heaven she will have to be reconciled with her child. I actually had a very vivid dream about my daughter in Heaven. 

Well yes and no...we are saved by grace through faith. I don't see anywhere in the Bible where abortion is the unforgivable sin, so if a mother were to have an abortion and then come to Christ, the sin would be forgiven. And there are no tears or heartache in heaven....I'll admit Im not sure how it would work, but I don't really think reconciliation with the child in heaven would be the issue, just dealing with the trauma here on earth, which many post abortion mother's do struggle with.