• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1989

Slander, is a false spoken statement that damages another's' reputation. If a false statement is written, then that is called libel.
You accuse someone of slander who what, wrote something? That is a curious thing. So first off, you wrote something false that damages a reputation when you accused a writer of Slander. You are presuming what he wrote is false, so guilty because you have pre-judged him just assuming he was wrong, maybe you should wait to see where the evidence points. This does not sound like an impartial investigation, it sounds as if you are out to get even with someone for daring to state that there is something wrong with a teacher you like - or am I missing something here? If it turns out, that there is evidence that Joyce Meyer made these statements, or other ones which may come up, are you ready to apologize for what you are doing? Really, you should already apologize even if she is not a false teacher, because you are making your accusations before you have looked at the evidence. I believe what you are doing, is called sin.

If the evidence is not up to your standards, like citations of written materials, and voice recordings of Ms Meyer, you are now going to claim that they are doctored? Seriously wow! If video is produced, will you then claim they were crafted using CGI technology? Then, you go and assign motive [jealousy] to those who accuse her. Can you really know there hearts? Maybe examine your own heart and see what really is motivating you.

Still, here are some plausible sources of information, that readers may look at, because if she is a false teacher, that should be exposed. You have already set the bar very high for what you consider to be proof, others may have different standards, and find them credible, and not assume bad motives. By proposing bad motives, you are again [without knowledge] damaging reputations. That may not be false information, but it is certainly not something you know to be true.

youtube:

Is Joyce Meyer a False Teacher
The beat by Allen Parr

Joyce Meyer || False Teacher
Police Leader

Joyce Meyer: False Teacher? - 12 Concerns (w/ Voddie Baucham, Justin Peters, Todd Friel)
ReformedWiki

Did Joyce Meyer REPENT Of Her False Teaching?!
Fight For Truth

Joyce Meyer is a False Preacher Exposing her False Gospel Teachings
Berean Perspective Apologetics

websites:

https://www.equip.org/uncategorized/joyce-meyer/ (Christian Research Institute)

deliverd by grace
exposing Joyce Meyer
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/586c240e725e250e1dc73403/t/5aba6dd988251bc5b38f49ad/1522167257765/Exposing+Joyce+Meyer.pdf

https://carm.org/preachers-and-teachers/joyce-meyer/

https://broadoakpiety.org/2019/01/17/exposing-false-teachers-no-1-joyce-meyer/

https://www.equip.org/article/the-teachings-of-joyce-meyer/

https://the-end-time.org/2021/02/09/bullet-points-on-why-joyce-meyer-is-a-false-teacher/

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,147
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, GandalfTheWise said:

I fully agree.  I've been watching heresy hunters (as I think of them) flourish in some circles for decades.  It's a seductive thing and I spent a few years as a zealous heresy hunter myself.  You start off with sincere motives but it eventually turns into a dark obsession with finding false teaching in every ambiguous statement a person makes, especially if they are outside of your denomination or theological opinions.  At some point, you start looking at individual words and wondering what do they "really" mean when they say this and assume the worst.  It's ultimately a prideful trap where you think you are among the spiritual elite discerning enough to see false teaching that most others are missing.  And you see yourself as doing an indispensable service to the church.

What got me out of it was looking into original sources for myself.  There was a particular popular author and book (not named here) that had started me down this path of heresy hunting in the early 80's.  I didn't question what he said since the book was heavily researched and well-documented, and thought God had lead me across a critical situation in the church that everyone should be concerned about and do something about.  I didn't question a thing in the book for months until someone in a Sunday school class handed me a booklet written by a person I'd labeled as a false teacher on the basis of that book.  I enthusiastically tore into it to verify the accusations and to maybe find more.  Instead, I found that my go-to book and author  was full of cherry-picked, out of context,  and misrepresented material.  In the very first case I looked at, the original author had written a paragraph and in the next two paragraphs expanded on what he did and did not mean.  My go-to book ignored and did not quote this writer's paragraph on what he did not mean and made the claim that that was indeed what he really meant.  In other words, my trusted heresy hunter was putting the wrong words into the original author's mouth and accused him of teaching something he explicitly said was wrong.  I was shocked at this outright lie and assumed it was an oversight.  But then I found similar "oversights" in a few other cases I looked at.  I realized that this was indeed the modus operandi of this heresy hunting author.  He had reached a point where he was putting words into people's mouths about what they really were and were not intending to say.  Over the years, I've seen that same pattern in many heresy hunters.  There is simply the sincere belief that any ambiguous phrase is assumed to be hiding someone's actual beliefs and that it is okay to pull things out of context because they have something to hide.  

Awhile ago, I spent a fair amount of effort on this site trying to fact check the most egregious examples I was seeing (which in my mind were probably pushing being slander or libel and definitely at a level of falsely accusing the brethren), but ultimately it's tiring and exhausting, and a never ending task that takes away time from other things.  Unfortunately, the couple of seconds it takes to copy and paste or link to a false accusation often overwhelms the amount of time it takes to meaningfully research and address it.  This is especially true with elaborate and extensive accusations that pile together 101 Reasons so-and-so is a heretic where the sheer weight of "evidence" takes on a life of its own where showing the first 10 of the list of 101 reasons are wrong does not disprove the other 91 in some people's minds.

The Lord bless you for sharing your experience with us, brother. It's timely and worthy of our consideration. :)

There was a time when I, too, was rather consumed by "heresy hunting." It is indeed a trap to snare the unwary for in the process of rooting out the false, we lose sight of the one whom our Lord commands us to examine first: ourselves! This was how His Spirit taught me to focus upon my own conduct and cease from pointing fingers at others so hastily. I abandoned that unhealthy obsession because of His conviction:

Have I ever been mistaken about something before? Did I persist in that error for a time? What happened when correction arrived? Sometimes I received it immediately, but on other occasions there was a hard lesson to be learned so it took time. 

The Lord doesn't accuse us of our errors in the past (we learn from them instead), so why should we accuse others of their own? What's missing from matters such as these is faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and his power... discipline... love, and promise to lead us into truth. That doesn't happen overnight (usually). 

We were foolish, so God teaches us wisdom. We missed the boat, so the Lord kept us afloat so we could catch the next ship that sails by.

Does it matter that Joyce Meyer was mistaken about something in the past? There are brothers and sisters here who readily confess how they fell into error before, and this is the effect their honesty has upon me: I love them for it! They prove themselves trustworthy just like you have here, dear brother. It's good to see you around!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

18 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

The Lord bless you for sharing your experience with us, brother. It's timely and worthy of our consideration. :)

There was a time when I, too, was rather consumed by "heresy hunting." It is indeed a trap to snare the unwary for in the process of rooting out the false, we lose sight of the one whom our Lord commands us to examine first: ourselves! This was how His Spirit taught me to focus upon my own conduct and cease from pointing fingers at others so hastily. I abandoned that unhealthy obsession because of His conviction:

Have I ever been mistaken about something before? Did I persist in that error for a time? What happened when correction arrived? Sometimes I received it immediately, but on other occasions there was a hard lesson to be learned so it took time. 

The Lord doesn't accuse us of our errors in the past (we learn from them instead), so why should we accuse others of their own? What's missing from matters such as these is faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and his power... discipline... love, and promise to lead us into truth. That doesn't happen overnight (usually). 

We were foolish, so God teaches us wisdom. We missed the boat, so the Lord kept us afloat so we could catch the next ship that sails by.

Does it matter that Joyce Meyer was mistaken about something in the past? There are brothers and sisters here who readily confess how they fell into error before, and this is the effect their honesty has upon me: I love them for it! They prove themselves trustworthy just like you have here, dear t brother. It's good to see you around!

When I was a child, mid 60's, we were taught that Saturn had 9, or 7 i dont remember, rings. We were tested for it and any other answer was counted as wrong and a mark against the over all score. Now we are told there are over 1,000 rings. Some things are relative to our abilit to perceive. The sun still appears to rise and set, but I believe otherwise.  Personally I don't have the where with all to prove it sight seen, so I base my belief on the teaching of others. That's the world we live in.

How ever, when it comes to the spiritual we are not limited in this fashion. We have direct access to the Source of All Truth. Matt 16:15-17.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

4 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

That is usually the case regarding this type of thing. People do not like those who don't agree 100% with all their 'pet doctrines' and instead of taking their concerns to the Lord for His decision, they feel that they have to take matters into their own hands.

Frankly, we should investigate these things, but, also be aware, accusations and slander are traits much like the 'accuser of the brethren'. It is a very slippery slope, and Jesus has little patience for it . . . . unless they repent of it, they will have to answer for it at Jesus' Bema Seat.

Ray . . . 

This is Worthy! Well said. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Starise said:

Lines have been drawn here and I feel this post was made to prove someone's opinion instead of examining the data in an objective way.

I suggest we keep a few things in mind. Look at the person's LIFE  and LIFESTYLE as part of the things you take into account.

Don't let your love for a speaker blind you to the truth. 

Thirdly apostates fool a lot of people because they are good at what they do.They frequently mix a lot of truth with little lies.

Look at who they endorse,support and keep company with because these things all point to what they really are.

Uh I posted the claims people made about her, and then shared her own video that debunked two of those claims. 

Its not love of a speaker. I actually haven’t watched Joyce in years. I made it my duty to investigate heretical claims against her, to see if what lots of people said was true, because Scripture tells us slander is evil, 

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers.” (James 4:11) 

“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.” (Exodus 20:16)

To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.” (Titus 3:2) 

“So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.” (1 Peter 2:1) 

“nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:10) 

I take these verses very seriously as I do all Scripture, that slandering is evil. Again if you have concrete proof of heresy, and wish to fight it, then that is fine. 

But allegations against a sister in Christ, Joyce Meyer, have been made that have been proven to be unfounded by her own words on her own ministry: 

I believe the Church is tearing itself apart with slander, gossip, and accusing one another:

But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.” (Galatians 5:15) 

• Well Said! 2

17 minutes ago, Dan Knight said:

When I was a child, mid 60's, we were taught that Saturn had 9, or 7 i dont remember, rings. We were tested for it and any other answer was counted as wrong and a mark against the over all score. Now we are told there are over 1,000 rings. Some things are relative to our abilit to perceive. The sun still appears to rise and set, but I believe otherwise.  Personally I don't have the where with all to prove it sight seen, so I base my belief on the teaching of others. That's the world we live in.

How ever, when it comes to the spiritual we are not limited in this fashion. We have direct access to the Source of All Truth. Matt 16:15-17.

How often do some abandon merciful judgment, forgetting the mercy of God toward us all, casting shrill accusations upon their fellows? If anyone here can make the claim to be free of error, then let them be judged accordingly. 

Any spirit which confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God. That is the teaching of the apostle. Furthermore, mercy triumphs over judgment (James 2:13); judge not, lest you be judged (Luke 6:37). Knowing these things, we should beware that we aren't found to be an unrighteous judge before the sight of the Lord. The measure by which we judge shall be returned to us. 

As the Lord said to those accusers of the adulterous woman, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. The only one present without sin neither accused her not cast a stone. He forgave her instead. We are to be like Him. :) 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, MissTury said:

Slander, is a false spoken statement that damages another's' reputation. If a false statement is written, then that is called libel.
You accuse someone of slander who what, wrote something? That is a curious thing. So first off, you wrote something false that damages a reputation when you accused a writer of Slander. You are presuming what he wrote is false, so guilty because you have pre-judged him just assuming he was wrong, maybe you should wait to see where the evidence points. This does not sound like an impartial investigation, it sounds as if you are out to get even with someone for daring to state that there is something wrong with a teacher you like - or am I missing something here? If it turns out, that there is evidence that Joyce Meyer made these statements, or other ones which may come up, are you ready to apologize for what you are doing? Really, you should already apologize even if she is not a false teacher, because you are making your accusations before you have looked at the evidence. I believe what you are doing, is called sin.

If the evidence is not up to your standards, like citations of written materials, and voice recordings of Ms Meyer, you are now going to claim that they are doctored? Seriously wow! If video is produced, will you then claim they were crafted using CGI technology? Then, you go and assign motive [jealousy] to those who accuse her. Can you really know there hearts? Maybe examine your own heart and see what really is motivating you.

Still, here are some plausible sources of information, that readers may look at, because if she is a false teacher, that should be exposed. You have already set the bar very high for what you consider to be proof, others may have different standards, and find them credible, and not assume bad motives. By proposing bad motives, you are again [without knowledge] damaging reputations. That may not be false information, but it is certainly not something you know to be true.

youtube:

Is Joyce Meyer a False Teacher
The beat by Allen Parr

Joyce Meyer || False Teacher
Police Leader

Joyce Meyer: False Teacher? - 12 Concerns (w/ Voddie Baucham, Justin Peters, Todd Friel)
ReformedWiki

Did Joyce Meyer REPENT Of Her False Teaching?!
Fight For Truth

Joyce Meyer is a False Preacher Exposing her False Gospel Teachings
Berean Perspective Apologetics

websites:

https://www.equip.org/uncategorized/joyce-meyer/ (Christian Research Institute)

deliverd by grace
exposing Joyce Meyer
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/586c240e725e250e1dc73403/t/5aba6dd988251bc5b38f49ad/1522167257765/Exposing+Joyce+Meyer.pdf

https://carm.org/preachers-and-teachers/joyce-meyer/

https://broadoakpiety.org/2019/01/17/exposing-false-teachers-no-1-joyce-meyer/

https://www.equip.org/article/the-teachings-of-joyce-meyer/

https://the-end-time.org/2021/02/09/bullet-points-on-why-joyce-meyer-is-a-false-teacher/

I didn’t say writings weren’t concrete. Voice recordings bother me because on News channels I have heard them doctored. My issue is only with sound bytes. 

Writings depends. If its someone’s blog who quotes her, I am less inclined, if itd in ine of her blogs, books, tracts and etc from Joyce Meyer’s Ministries, that is more concretw proof. The quality of sources matter, there are people who try to discredit anc destroy and use texts and etc out of context. Its best to have the person’s actual words in their own book or video to prove they really said that, “horse’s mouth,” rather than someone claiming they said that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

In response to @Fidei Defensor's OP, I have nothing against Joyce Meyer. I have no reason to doubt her growth in the Lord over time, for isn't that what His work accomplishes in us all? While we're in this world, we are conformed to the image of Christ from glory to glory by the Spirit of God. This infers change on our part. 

So, at one time she adhered to the so-called prosperity gospel. Okay... does she continue to preach this now? No? We weren't given a suspicious, fearful spirit by the Lord of Sabbath. There is a teaching from New Testament scripture which applies to the excoriation (nit-picking) of Joyce Meyer: to the pure all things are pure, so I rejoice with my brothers and sisters who profited from her teaching. But to the defiled all things are defiled, so there will be some who find fault with whatever crosses their path. Evil lurks everywhere and because they are fragile, suspicion and fear are the means by which they seek to purify themselves. 

If Joyce Meyer offends you, then pay her no mind. There is no commandment which requires your attention. 

If you profited from her teaching, then give glory to God!

For those who judge Joyce Meyer and accuse her of evil, then take heed and beware. Who are you to judge the servant of another? "Do not slander a servant to his master, or he will curse you and you will be found guilty." (Proverbs 30:10). 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

This is to continue a conversation on Joyce Meyer.

Claims against her as a false teacher are:

1) She claims Jesus is no longer The Son of God (heresy)

2)  She says she isn’t a Sinner 

On the 1) I found only a sound bites of her with a still photo on youtube. Anyone can splice words together from what she had said with movie making programs. 

2) Could be semantics, she says she isn’t a sinner. The context could be, we are “A New Creation” in Christ, baptized in his death and ao are not sinners anymore but “Kings and Priests.” (Revelation 1:5-6). 
If she says she doesn’t sin, then that falls under, “if we say we have not sinned, we call God a liar.” (1 John 1:10)

If either of these or more can be verified, then yes its heresy and must be addressed. 

The biggest problem is all the sound bites are grainy and doesn’t sound like her voice pitch. I’d be more convinced if there was video footage of one of her sermons. 

Everyone knows you can easily doctor audio. Video or a published book is harder. 

Suit yourself life is full of choices. Although it is important to know the blessings or consequences of those choices. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

49 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Uh I posted the claims people made about her, and then shared her own video that debunked two of those claims. 

Its not love of a speaker. I actually haven’t watched Joyce in years. I made it my duty to investigate heretical claims against her, to see if what lots of people said was true, because Scripture tells us slander is evil, 

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers.” (James 4:11) 

“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.” (Exodus 20:16)

To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.” (Titus 3:2) 

“So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.” (1 Peter 2:1) 

“nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:10) 

I take these verses very seriously as I do all Scripture, that slandering is evil. Again if you have concrete proof of heresy, and wish to fight it, then that is fine. 

But allegations against a sister in Christ, Joyce Meyer, have been made that have been proven to be unfounded by her own words on her own ministry: 

I believe the Church is tearing itself apart with slander, gossip, and accusing one another:

But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.” (Galatians 5:15) 

Well said, brother. I believe that the accusations and slander swirling about are a manifestation of a peculiar allegorical illustration which we find extant in scripture:

The metallurgical allegory of silver refined in the fire by the Lord. The dross (impurity) inherent in the ore floats to the surface, where it is removed by the master craftsman. Our Master Craftsman is God Himself, of course.

It's good that these things come to light. :) 

• This is Worthy 1