S. Carpenter

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

First, I apologize if I got this in the wrong forum. I'm attempting to get it OUT of the Welcome thread/topic and into an appropriate place. It doesn't appear to fit neatly into eschatology or soteriology or other general topics so I'm trying to put it under "Everything Else".

:b: <--- I'm very very new. [If this is again in the wrong place, please move it to the right place and point me to a tutorial - if there is one - on how to navigate the site properly! Thank you!]

I saw this quote in one of the General posts:

"I've heard the expression many times "Just speak into their life......" What does it mean to you and how, practically do you do it?"

I wanted to speak to this issue (not "into" the issue) and couldn't as I am new on these boards. So, this will be my opening volley.

The use of this phrase "speaking into someone's life" started because of false teaching from many of the more high profile false teachers in American Christianity. It came from the notorious notion that because God literally, spoke the universe INTO existence, that we can also "speak" things "into" existence. The name of this false teaching is variously known as "the little gods doctrine".

It is very bad grammar and even worse theology. I refuse to use the phrase on both counts. One does not speak "into" anyone's life as one would vomit "into" anyone's lap. The latter can actually be done, the former cannot.

Speaking something "into" existence is the privilege and ability only of GOD. There are billions of human beings. There is only ONE GOD.

Stop using this phrase unless you believe you are God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,205
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

This particular forum will do just fine for your topic, @S. Carpenter. Welcome to Worthy. :) 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I very much agree that this idea is not of the Lord. I have run into it before as well as a variant that is of the same sort of deception.

That other is referred to as 'soul reading'. Very bad stuff.

I am quite convinced that it is a kind of witchcraft.

Anywone reading this should very much stay away from this sort of thing.

Keep in mind that not all things that are 'real' are of God.

• Well Said! 1